How to call GUITVGuide inside a plugin (1 Viewer)

STSC

Portal Pro
December 4, 2004
Germany
Hi,

I'm just wondering how the GUITVGuide gets called inside the GUITVHome.
There is just a BTN_TVGuide inside an ENUM.

I would like to call an extra window like the GUITVGuide in my plugin. How can I do this?

STSC

Portal Pro
December 4, 2004
Germany
Ok, I know now how this works. You can use the hyperlink tag inside the xml skin file to call another window by its ID.

frodo
The thing is that I want to create a slightly modified EPG. So I put everything of GUITVGuide.cs into my own plugin and changed the ID to 560, which isn't used yet. But that doesn't work. Do you know why?

Mr.Mitchell

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2004
    the Netherlands
    Did you also make the required changes to the skin file?
    Your version should load a different skin file and the window ID in the skin file should match the ID you are using in the code

STSC

Portal Pro
    December 4, 2004
    Germany
    This is what I did. The strange thing is when I use the original ID (=600), it works, but it replaces the original EPG of MP.

So there must be something that needs to be initialised before you can start your EPG??????

mPod

Portal Pro
    January 26, 2005
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Why don't you use this one?

Code:
    GUIMessage msgtv = new GUIMessage(GUIMessage.MessageType.GUI_MSG_GOTO_WINDOW,0,0,0,(int)GUIWindow.Window.WINDOW_TVGUIDE,0,null);
    GUIGraphicsContext.SendMessage(msgtv);

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Thanks guys for your help so far, I'll check out the info.
    Thanks guys for your help so far, I'll check out the info.
    Hi, I've been using MP2 for a couple of years now. And I was wondering how easy would it be (for me) to add extra features to the...
    Replies
    Views
    done: Loading...
    done: Loading...
    Hi. I have a problem with a WebEPG grabber I'm trying to do. The problem is that the site returns a json-file and I cant get my...
    Replies
    Views
    What's the best way to select a different backdrop? Sometimes the first selected backdrop is not great and I'd like to select another. Moving Pictures scales down the high res pictures and shrinks the filesize as well so I can't just go to fanart or themoviedb and get the images without doing some extra work to get the file right...
    What's the best way to select a different backdrop? Sometimes the first selected backdrop is not great and I'd like to select...
    What's the best way to select a different backdrop? Sometimes the first selected backdrop is not great and I'd like to select...
    Replies
    Views
    Prerequisites A Spotify account (free or premium) I've not tested with a free account, but according to spotify it should work. Spotify desktop app installed on same computer as you are going to use with MediaPortal Getting ready Create an app at spotify, use this link: Dashboard | Spotify for Developers, you have to login. Click...
    Prerequisites A Spotify account (free or premium) I've not tested with a free account, but according to spotify it should work...
    Prerequisites A Spotify account (free or premium) I've not tested with a free account, but according to spotify it should work...
    Replies
    Views
    Sums up the problem I am having. Sorry if I wasn't clear. No, #selectedthumb is not preserved on going to the next window. That's exactly what I am trying to solve. An example is moving from mytvrecordedtv.xml to mytvRecordedInfo. The variable changes from a screen grab thumbnail from the video file to a channel logo during...
    Sums up the problem I am having. Sorry if I wasn't clear. No, #selectedthumb is not preserved on going to the next window. That's...
    Good evening, I have a basic understanding of using skin.setstring and am able to set a skin property when a control gets focus...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom