how to configure the default TV channel (2 Viewers)

Thomas D.

Portal Member
January 26, 2013
Home Country
Germany Germany
How can I configure the Default TV channel using Media Portal 1.3 beta?
When switching on Media Portal I'd like to see the first TV channel I've configured in the "TV-Server configuration" tool.

thanks,
thomas d.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/141_Configuration/MediaPortal_Configuration/22_TV

=TV.png

When entering the TV screen

• Auto turn TV on when entering My TV - Default: off
    Turn on this option to have TV automatically start when you enter the TV section in MediaPortal.
    • Directly show fullscreen TV - Default: off
    Turn on this option to automatically switch to full screen mode when TV is turned on.

Last edited:

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/141_Configuration/MediaPortal_Configuration/22_TV

=TV.png

When entering the TV screen

• Auto turn TV on when entering My TV - Default: off
    Turn on this option to have TV automatically start when you enter the TV section in MediaPortal.
    • Directly show fullscreen TV - Default: off
    Turn on this option to automatically switch to full screen mode when TV is turned on.

I think this is not what Thomas is asking for.. He want to set a default channel that is always tuned when he starts live television..

As far as I know this is not possible, but it would be a usefull feature.. You can do a feature request Thomas! :)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'm not 100% sure if when first opening mediaportal (fresh start) the above starts with first channel or most recent channel.

Last edited:
    M

mikehassy74

Is there a way to set which channel tv starts up on, it usually starts on digital channel 1 and I have to change it ti av6 for my sky reception. Sometimes it will start on av1 which I then have to change to av6. Would be great if it would start on sky.

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I had the same feeling about MP1, nothing was working out of the box, it was full of hardcoded dependencies and bugs. That’s how I came to MP2 and I’m very happy with it ;)
    I had the same feeling about MP1, nothing was working out of the box, it was full of hardcoded dependencies and bugs. That’s how I...
    I've had Media Portal 1 installed on a dedicated desktop computer for at least 10 years now. Sometimes it's a little sluggish, but...
    Replies
    Views
    Being a long time user of the SD plugin, all of this seems a lot more complicated than when I first set it up. I have a roof antenna with 2 dual HDhomeRun tuners and I scanned all the available channels in TV Server. I don't use power scheduler, nor the xmltv plugin. For me it took about 40 minutes to download my SD lineup in only...
    Being a long time user of the SD plugin, all of this seems a lot more complicated than when I first set it up. I have a roof...
    I was using WMC with Schedules Direct for the US - no problems I want to try MP2 I have configured MP2 to work with Silicon Dust HD...
    Replies
    Views
    Database Scrapers don't index my TV Series single files in the following containers MP4, MOV, AVI, ASF, WMV, MKV, FLV, TS, MTS, M2TS, DAT, MPG, MPEG, DIV, DIVX, VOB, ISO, TRP I use the following simple format for container ISO (ISO's are full copies of DVD with all warnings, info, even encription intact) TV Series Name 00x00-00...
    Database Scrapers don't index my TV Series single files in the following containers MP4, MOV, AVI, ASF, WMV, MKV, FLV, TS, MTS...
    My Tv Series are in the Format. TV Series Name 00x00 Episode Name The First 00 is the Series Number The Second 00 is the Episode...
    Replies
    Views
    You need to use "TV Server Config". On the "TV Channels" panel, you will find that there are two entries for "Quest" -- the old one and the new one. Simply delete the old one. When this happens in the future, you can select a channel and click the "Preview" button on the panel. If the channel is working, a small preview screen appears...
    You need to use "TV Server Config". On the "TV Channels" panel, you will find that there are two entries for "Quest" -- the old one...
    Help Please, I have a couple of issues. Query 1: Regarding the Quest channel: Last week, I set it to record a program and it...
    Replies
    Views
    Did you see this thread ? The poster in that thread could not get MP's Schedules Direct plugin to work. I tried it on my test system (I don't have a Schedules Direct account), but I could not get it to work either. @framug mentioned that the plugins run no more than once per day, so that may have been my problem. However... I...
    Did you see this thread ? The poster in that thread could not get MP's Schedules Direct plugin to work. I tried it on my test...
    It seems an old annoyance is still around (many previous versions) The red dot doesn't always display in TV Guide or scheduler for...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom