How to get started with MediaPortal 2 to do TV recording? (1 Viewer)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I installed MySQL
    Why??? You don't need MySQL at all.
    The only thing I think might help is to install MP1 and hope that the TV server installs the schema
    Same question, Why??? You don't need to fiddle with MySQL and/or schemes at all.

I like to suggest to clean up anything you've done so far. Even delete the whole "c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\" and "c:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\" folders to start with a clean system.
    Then download the most recent build of MP2 from here:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/forums/development-snapshots.683/
    The most recent version is sticky there.
    Now extract the archive and run the installer. That's all you need to do. The installer is downloading and installing all probably missing dependencies from Internet, so be aware your PC has a working internet connection while installing. And you must not run MP1 TV Server during installation of MP2 as this is blocking the tuners and the installation of MP2 is canceled. If you have any other PVR software running (maybe installed from your tuner card drivers or similar) at the same time, this will also block the tuners from being used by MP2...

Bobnz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2013
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    "Same question, Why??? You don't need to fiddle with MySQL and/or schemes at all"

I suspect the user encountered the same problem I had today while trying to install MP2 - an error message that "gentle config" could not be found. This then brings up a selection box to choose the database. When you do select one, you have to enter the "Schema" whatever that is. It was time consuming searching the Wiki and forum to find out which database is the prefered one and what is a schema and how to get that elusive gentle.config. I did find a post about creating and insert the gentle.config which didn't work for me.

I also tried to clean up by uninstalling my MP1 installation (big mistake) and starting fresh but I had to admit defeat. Tomorrow I will work on reinstalling MP1. I didn't mind spending the afternoon troubleshooting as I learnt a lot. The key thing I learnt was that I am not yet ready for MP2 - I need to spend more time reading up those earlier posts.

... just my thoughts (I use a mouse anyway so I was not really expecting MP2 to be as good as MP1 yet).
    Bob

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I also tried to clean up by uninstalling my MP1 installation (big mistake) and starting fresh but I had to admit defeat. Tomorrow I will work on reinstalling MP1. I didn't mind spending the afternoon troubleshooting as I learnt a lot. The key thing I learnt was that I am not yet ready for MP2 - I need to spend more time reading up those earlier posts.
    I had this also 2 times. If you do below it should work:
    I like to suggest to clean up anything you've done so far. Even delete the whole "c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\" and "c:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\" folders to start with a clean system.
    Then download the most recent build of MP2 from here:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/forums/development-snapshots.683/

Uninstall all MP related products (MP1 and MP2). Delete the above mentioned folder completely. Reinstall MP2.

Bobnz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2013
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thank you for your quick response as it was in time to stop me giving up on it and I was able to complete an install.

Today I set up my tuners again and after some further problems I did get it all working.
    I can understand new users having problems as I also encountered some of the other things Mobidic commented on. But I do prefer software that is still being developed and will get future fixes and enhancements - especially when it has the support as provided by this forum.
    Thanks again.
    Bob

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom