How to get "titel" in german language (1 Viewer)

Intycast

Portal Pro
March 18, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello! :)

First thank you for this perfect plugin!!!

Is it possibel to get the titel of a movie in german language?

I set the option to get additional information in german, but the titel is still in english.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Hello! :)

First thank you for this perfect plugin!!!

Is it possibel to get the titel of a movie in german language?

I set the option to get additional information in german, but the titel is still in english.

If you enable the secondary language to German, then the title should be grabbed from imdb.de website in the language put there, which should be German. However there is an extra option for those foreign users who want to only get the summary in their language, so you can then force English title again.

So be sure to check that setting.

Intycast

Portal Pro
    March 18, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for aour answer!

Now it works, but all titles witch are renamed by the plugin still have english "titels".

Is there an german version of the rename.xml?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I'm still working on that. Started right after Christmas, but then got sick on/off for almost 3 months with flue, which caused me to get behind on work/etc. Merlyn has started to make one (you can find it in another thread), but he used a different syntax format so it won't work as-is yet. If you take a look at v1.3.0 of the English rename database, you can see that it is relativly easy in structure.

The problem is that right now the default rename database uses a different syntax format then the custom rename database that allows you to retain your own modifications. I'm busy on something else right now, but if I find some time later I'll look at it to give you a detailed example. In short you locate the 'bad' English rename entry in the default one and copy it over to the custom one (removing foreign="..." or the custom file is ignored), look at the example entry in the custom one to see what syntax is allowed.

It is a lot of manual work of course (trust me, I know the time it took me to create the 1497 entries that v1.3.0 contains), but I'm sure you do not have *all* the movies listed and you can just add them as you come across them inside MovPic. You can then simply refresh the movie details (F9/Info -> update) and the rename title will be fixed. You can also go into the IMDb+ GUI plugin and then inside the hidden menu (left arrow on most skins) you can select the IMDb+ rename/refresh method and then select "rename entries" to quickly redo all the movies you have in your collection that have an entry in the rename database system.

Do keep in mind that when you refresh a movie and the title gets changed, that the title does not change in the 'list'. You have to close MediaPortal and re-open it for that to work (its a known issue that hopefully in the future will get fixed), as MovingPictures only loads the list when you see "loading plugins" during startup of MediaPortal.

Users who are viewing this thread