How to lunch Moving Pictures (1 Viewer)

alchemyst

April 15, 2011
Hi
Goto Settings - GUI - Skin and then "Choose Movie Plugin"

Thanks![DOUBLEPOST=1355494847][/DOUBLEPOST]Found a possible bug. When i exit moving pictures the gui looks like this:

34q1kr4.png

(iam using 720p on this test setup)

I am seeing the same bug as you, the unfinished animation upon return from Moving Pictures. My setup is 1080P though.

I use both the MyVideos and Moving Pictures. Is there any way of adding both to the Basic Home screen?

You can access My Videos from the context menu for Moving pictures, its the fifth option, like in the screenshot above it says "Filmer" in english it would say "Videos" this takes you straight to the My Videos plugin.

Dave Reynolds

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi
    Goto Settings - GUI - Skin and then "Choose Movie Plugin"

Thanks![DOUBLEPOST=1355494847][/DOUBLEPOST]Found a possible bug. When i exit moving pictures the gui looks like this:

34q1kr4.png

(iam using 720p on this test setup)

I am seeing the same bug as you, the unfinished animation upon return from Moving Pictures. My setup is 1080P though.

I use both the MyVideos and Moving Pictures. Is there any way of adding both to the Basic Home screen?

You can access My Videos from the context menu for Moving pictures, its the fifth option, like in the screenshot above it says "Filmer" in english it would say "Videos" this takes you straight to the My Videos plugin.

Same issue here.

justinbyoung

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 25, 2010
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I modified my basichome.xml to enable both. I don't use the Radio plugin at all so this is how I replaced it with a Videos button

1. Open C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan\basichome.xml in a text editor.
    2. Under section labelled <!-- :: ITEM IMAGES :: -->
    3. Find the section labelled <description>BasicHome Radio NoFocus</description>
    4. Change <texture>basichome_button_radio.png</texture> to <texture>basichome_button_movies.png</texture>
    5. Under the section <!-- :: BUTTONS:: -->
    6. Find <description>BasicHome Radio</description>
    7. Change to <hyperlink>6</hyperlink>
    8. Change to <label>Video</label>

This should change the radio button on the first page to a second videos icon. If you set the default to moving pictures in the settings you should have both.

Last edited:

Guspaz

December 18, 2012
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I'm having trouble getting Moving Pictures to run at all. Every time I try to run it, I get the error "Missing or invalid file:C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\Titan\movingpictures.xml"

Here are the steps I took (Windows 8 64-bit)

1) Installed MP 1.3.0 beta fresh
    2) Installed the 226 update for Titan Extended, because there doesn't seem to be any way to update it automatically (the instructions to use the Titan updater seem outdated, there is no titan plugin)
    3) Installed Moving Pictures 1.4.2
    4) Ran MP, went into settings for skin to moving pictures
    5) Ran moving pictures, got the error.

Am I doing something wrong? Step 2 makes me think something is wrong, because MPEI does not list Titan Extended as installed (only LAVFilters), and there is no plugin entry for Titan Extended (which is where the wiki says Titan's updater is).

EDIT: I think I have my answer. The option in the MP installer for Titan is broken, it won't produce a working install. It's missing files, and the plugin. MPEI can't install Titan either, you need to download the mpe1 file. If you install from that, you will have the movingpictures xml, and you will have the updater.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread