How To: MCE Remote Keyboard in XP Home (1 Viewer)

Brocklander

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2004
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I have a feeling you're going to be very popular Pnyberg! Nice work.

pnyberg

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2006
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    :D for the feedback!

Since I'm rather new to MP I've been browsing rather much through this forum - and catched up some knowledge from all of you guys in this forum regarding Codecs, DVB etc which have saved me a bunch of hours getting my MP running.
    So I thought I should share the knowledge I have about windows "internal" doings.

Zilog

September 8, 2006
    Bordeaux
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi there... Sorry to register just to ask for help, but...I'm getting desperate :sorry:

1) I was happy to see I wasn't alone to have a "dead" keyboard (I'm using XP Pro)

2) I tried using the zip archive, copied the .sys files to the correct locations then...nothing....keyboard dead still...Well, only ONE key works, and it's the SLEEP (puts PC in hibernate state, great :mad: )

3) I was puzzled to see that all the related drivers in the peripheral panel details showed as version 2600.2180, whereas the .inf and .sys files showed as 2600.2709...Out of despair ("nothing to lose! :confused: ), I tried replacing the C:\WINDOWS\inf (2180) files by the zip archive ones (2709). There was a change as winblows began recognizing various keyboard related stuff (I can do a screenshot but I finally shut down my other PC, out of rage)....

This is the most insane, shittiest driver issue I've had....and with the 1st Micro$oft hardware I bough :mad:

Next thing I plan to do is a voodoo dance around a wrecked keyboard. Any ideas are welcome :mad:

tendero

September 22, 2006
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hello, before nothing to pardon English the so bad one that I write. I have followed the instructions to install keyboard MCE in Windows XP Professional in Spanish language. But it does not work. I have one doubts. I copy the Rollup to driver to installer and I decompress it. Tengo to do something with those files. I have copied hidir.sys " and “irbus.sys” in \ dllcache and \ drivers. I need to do something more? Thanks.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    if reboot not worked, then try using update driver option, in device manager\usb controllers\ehome receiver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom