How to turn off narration on live tv (1 Viewer)

Portal Pro
January 11, 2005
Does anyone know how to turn off audio description (narration) when watching live tv as it seems to be turned on by default, can't find any setting relating to this in MP2.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Does anyone know how to turn off audio description (narration) when watching live tv
    Audio description is a separate audio stream. If you are hearing it, it is because that is the audio stream that is active.

In MP1, the audio stream is selected via the context menu when watching TV or video. Perhaps MP2 does it the same way?

Note: for the UK, MP1 does not identify which audio stream is the normal one, and which is the audio description (they are listed with the same name). So select the other audio stream to see if that enables the normal audio stream.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2005
    Hi and thanks for the reply...

Narration is always on by default when I install MP1 but it's simple to turn off in the settings, seems it's not the case with MP2 as everything is handled via the GUI a far lower level of control is available, basic audio settings are available but nothing that relates to the problem, maybe I have to look in the LAV filter settings instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 [solved] Basic audio question... DE
    Yes, works, thanks. Deselecting "Prefer multichannel audio streams" under "Video Player" (under "Players") gives me the stereo stream, by default, in television also. Thanks for your help. N.
    Yes, works, thanks. Deselecting "Prefer multichannel audio streams" under "Video Player" (under "Players") gives me the stereo...
    Is there a way to set the default audio stream for live TV? The default default, so to speak, for me seems to be English...
    Replies
    Views
    @CyberSimian Thank you very much. That has worked!!
    @CyberSimian Thank you very much. That has worked!!
    Do live TV subtitles work for TV in Australia? If so what are the settings? I am a 74 year old with hearing impairment and have...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 Delete recordings DE
    Hi, please check the yellow box (almost bottom of the page) about deleting recordings in the wiki. It’s possible to delete recordings, if access is guaranted. I’m not sure which connection problems you have. Normally the client is directly connected to the server on startup. In case you feel it’s too long, please describe the issue...
    Hi, please check the yellow box (almost bottom of the page) about deleting recordings in the wiki. It’s possible to delete...
    Hi, I can't seem to find any posts in this forum or on the wiki on deleting recordings. I am currently running 2.4.1 and there...
    Replies
    Views
    @doskabouter That fixed it, thanks!
    @doskabouter That fixed it, thanks!
    I just upgraded to 1.32 and now, when I start TV-Service Config, I get this error: [2024-01-31 09:33:13,138] [Log ] [SetupTv...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.4.1 Resume playback from DE
    Ok, thanks for the User Management tip - I now get what I would expect. Now all I have to do is to figure out how to make Auto Login do what it says on the tin. The only way to make it work is to manually log in each time. Any hints as to what I'm missing with the login system?
    Ok, thanks for the User Management tip - I now get what I would expect. Now all I have to do is to figure out how to make Auto...
    So "Resume playback from" only works when MediaPortal 2 has NOT been turned off, meaning if I shut MediaPortal 2 down, restart it...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom