How to: use DD Octopus Net in MP (2 Viewers)

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You can translate VB and C# into each other. I don't know what your point is...

mnmr

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    If you have the playlist and put it in the right place it will work with MP ;) what is more annoying on the octocast tool is that you have to wait every time until it did his update check. I already disassembled it and made it threaded, but they refused my patch :D you can also change a variable after disassembling to disable the ad

Yes, I did notice that is was for .NET, so did consider using Reflector on it.. but it's just sad that you even have to consider that :(

PS: Where is "the right place" for the .m3u? ;)

Last edited:

ltb76

Portal Member
    December 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    That said, DD offers a transponder list for their WMC tool for my provider (YouSee), but don't seem to have the same for the OctoCast tool. They have transponder lists for download, but they changed the format to something quite a bit different and with many more parameters, so converting is not at all straightforward.

Do you still need a file for YouSee? I have a working list - let me know if you want it.

mnmr

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    That said, DD offers a transponder list for their WMC tool for my provider (YouSee), but don't seem to have the same for the OctoCast tool. They have transponder lists for download, but they changed the format to something quite a bit different and with many more parameters, so converting is not at all straightforward.

Do you still need a file for YouSee? I have a working list - let me know if you want it.

I ended up buying a HDHomeRun and now have MP 1.6 up and running with that. MP 1.x includes a working transponder file for YouSee, so I think I have what I need.

I'd still like a full Sat>IP .m3u with all the channels individually (i.e. with all the extra info tags to specify logo, channel name, etc) for use in VLC, so if you have that please PM me or post an attachment here! Thanks! :)

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I went a little further this time and i first created a small utility to generate two types of m3u using http://www.dtvmonitor.com.
    One with only the transponders (for use in MP) and a second one with all the channel (for use in VLC).

I grabbed 1.6 TVLibrary source code and edited TvCardDVBIPBuiltIn.cs to include code.

Code:
     public override ITvSubChannel Tune(int subChannelId, IChannel channel)

{
                DVBIPChannel chan = channel as DVBIPChannel;

if (!chan.FreeToAir)
                {
                    var append = String.Format("&x_pmt={0}", chan.PmtPid);
                    if (!chan.Url.EndsWith(append))
                    {
                        chan.Url = chan.Url + append;
                    }
                }

return base.Tune(subChannelId, chan);
            }

Replaced the original TVLibrary.dll with my own custom version that has the above code compiled in.
    I can now use the transponder only m3u file to scan for new or updated channels. When i tune a channel it will trigger the code above and append the needed x_pmt parameter when a channel is encrypted. Hurray...

(if i have time i could perhaps create a whole new card based on DVBIPBuiltIn with detection for the OctopusNet on the network so a "new" card will be added)

mnmr

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I went a little further this time and i first created a small utility to generate two types of m3u using http://www.dtvmonitor.com.
    One with only the transponders (for use in MP) and a second one with all the channel (for use in VLC).

What does your tool consume as input? And is it available for download somewhere?

I went a little further this time and i first created a small utility to generate two types of m3u using I grabbed 1.6 TVLibrary source code and edited TvCardDVBIPBuiltIn.cs to include code.

That looks like it should just be built-in.. I fact, I think it may already be in TVE 3.5 (I vaguely recall seeing the x_pmt parameter somewhere), though I could be wrong. Someone else will know ;)

It won't be much help to me, though - the OctopusNet only has a CA-slot and my provider uses CA+ to encrypt. Luckily most channels are sent FTA :)

ltb76

Portal Member
    December 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi,

Have been running this setup for quit some time with out any issues.

Now it was time for a new TV-Server, so I reinstalled on Windows 8.1 (64 bit) - and now the TV-Server crashes when I try to do a scan.
    After a some testing I this only seems to work on Windows 7 (and Server 2008R2) for me. (Tried Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 - All x64 an all Enterprise edition)

Any idea what I can do to gix this, or am I stuck at Windows 7?

Any input much apreciated,

PS - I have tried MP1.8 and MP 1.7 - same scenario.
    PPS - Any news for native support for the OctopusNet in MP? :)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Any news for native support for the OctopusNet in MP? :)
    Yes, it is natively supported in the latest NativeTV build for MP2.

[edit: If you need support for MP1 then you will need to post full debug log files. The log files you've provided don't help.]

Last edited:

ltb76

Portal Member
    December 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi,

Thanks for the reply - I will look in to MP2 - but is it stable enough for "production" (it is labled Pre-Beta, in general I would consider that prety unstable :) )

I have attached the full log files from the TV-Server.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom