How To Use In Windows Mobile (On HD2)? (1 Viewer)

EViS

Portal Pro
September 30, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I have Windows Mobile 6.5.5 (custom ROM) on my HD2 which uses the Opera 10 and IE browsers. Neither of these are webkit to my knowledge, what are my options for getting iPimp to run?

JoeSmith

Portal Pro
November 17, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: How To Use In Windows Mobile (On HD2)?

you need a webkit browser. i've used ipimp some time ago with the iris browser but something (which i don't remember right now) happend to that browser. But i think there is a second browser for win mobile that uses webkit.

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Since you're already using a custom ROM you can always install Android aswell. All it takes is a folder on your SD-card.

JoeSmith

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: How To Use In Windows Mobile (On HD2)?

The Iris Browser is discontinued as its producer has been aquired by Rim and for some strange reason they don't want to continue to delevop for win mobile ;-)
    The browser can still be downloaded in various places and is working fine.
    I've read somewhere that the skyfire browser is also using webkit, but its possible that it only applies to the new 2.0 version for android.
    I'm using a TD2 and if i had the choice to move to android i would do it. Win Mobile is dying and right now WinPhone7 looks pretty user unfriendly.

Joe

edit : found another one http://www.dorothybrowser.com/

EViS

Portal Pro
    September 30, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks guys, don't really fancy having to load Android off the back of WM, so until those clever chaps at XDA-Dev get Android fully ported, I will have to stick with WM. I installed iPimp yesterday and it all loads up with Opera, just doesnt' look very nice (blue links in lists). But it works :).

Just have a problem with getting the ports to work. Everything works fine on the default port 80, but as soon as I change to port 6000, I can login and set things up, but can't access the TV Guide or MP clients :s. If anyone knows what may be causing this, would appreciate some assistance.

gurabli

Portal Pro
    July 20, 2010
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    This looks promising, I will try this out on my Samsung i900 Omnia, WM 6.5. I hope it will work and i will have full remote control of music from my phone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I have not experienced that myself, and I don't know of any reason why that might occur (but my knowledge of how TV Server works is not extensive). It is strange that you mention this because there are now four DVB-T channels in the UK that behave in the same way (this is new for the UK). I think that these might be some sort of...
    I have not experienced that myself, and I don't know of any reason why that might occur (but my knowledge of how TV Server works is...
    I am running MePo 1.32 X86 on Windows 11 Ryzen 9 7900X 32GB DDR5 RAM 1TB NVME Boot Drive 4TB NVME Data drive RTX 3060 12GB I have...
    Replies
    Views
    The layout of remotes does vary from one model/brand to another. I too find that some layouts are better than others. Generally, I prefer the buttons that I use most-frequently to be positioned near the center of the remote, which is not the case with that particular Dell remote. :( Battery life is often a problem. A remote that I...
    The layout of remotes does vary from one model/brand to another. I too find that some layouts are better than others. Generally, I...
    In Dec 2020: I purchased 2 remotes for my new HTPC install, eg: HP USB MCE IR RC6 Wireless Receiver and TSGH-IR02 Windows Media...
    Replies
    Views
    I tried setting the windows screensaver to power off the display on my MP1 HTPC but in fact it only blanks the screen ("no video signal") on the TV I suspect the AVR has something to do with that. If I manually put the TV only into standby when TV is playing but paused then on wakeup I could not immediately take it out of pause and...
    I tried setting the windows screensaver to power off the display on my MP1 HTPC but in fact it only blanks the screen ("no video...
    Hi all, I´m using MP 1.30 at the moment and have a problem which also exists on my system on previous versions. So I don´t think...
    Replies
    Views
    Installing other software, especially MP1, which is partly sharing Tv service with MP2, can make everything worse. Please upload your debug log files, if you want to solve the issue.
    Installing other software, especially MP1, which is partly sharing Tv service with MP2, can make everything worse. Please upload...
    Before you create this bug report: Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 [solved] Basic audio question... DE
    Yes, works, thanks. Deselecting "Prefer multichannel audio streams" under "Video Player" (under "Players") gives me the stereo stream, by default, in television also. Thanks for your help. N.
    Yes, works, thanks. Deselecting "Prefer multichannel audio streams" under "Video Player" (under "Players") gives me the stereo...
    Is there a way to set the default audio stream for live TV? The default default, so to speak, for me seems to be English...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom