Operating System HTPC + HDMI + Win7 and its many issues... (3 Viewers)

4Fred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2005
    Jönköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Switched to new AMP and now have the problem back running MePo 1.4 pre rel.
    From Denon avr-2807 (old amp) to TEAC AG-D500 (new amp).

Meh...

Berns

Portal Pro
    July 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Well, the 310 is not a splitter, it is a concentrator (it links 3 devices to just one output). I cannot say if it will work. There's only one true way to find out, I guess, and that is to try it. But that will cost you a bit of money, unless you can borrow one from someone, just to test.

4Fred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2005
    Jönköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I'm not really sure this goes in this thread or if it should be in a separate thread?

Anyway.. as I wrote before I recently switched AV Reciver from Denon avr-2807 to TEAC AG-D500 and now have a whole new problem I've never seen before NOT MePo related.

My HTPC is always on, but I turn off AMP and TV, and now I get no audio - look at attached file. Rebooting the PC is the only solution.
    So. if HTPC is on, I turn off AMP and turn it on again I get the attached message and no sound. Looking in "Sound" I can see that HDMI device IS connected and IS displaying the volume bar (the green jumping thing indicating something playing on the device) but I get not indication on the AMP that there is some for of audio being sent to it, and nothing is played.

So... help? :)

Attachments

• anoying.jpg
      anoying.jpg
      51.5 KB

4Fred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2005
    Jönköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I'm not really sure this goes in this thread or if it should be in a separate thread?

Anyway.. as I wrote before I recently switched AV Reciver from Denon avr-2807 to TEAC AG-D500 and now have a whole new problem I've never seen before NOT MePo related.

My HTPC is always on, but I turn off AMP and TV, and now I get no audio - look at attached file. Rebooting the PC is the only solution.
    So. if HTPC is on, I turn off AMP and turn it on again I get the attached message and no sound. Looking in "Sound" I can see that HDMI device IS connected and IS displaying the volume bar (the green jumping thing indicating something playing on the device) but I get not indication on the AMP that there is some for of audio being sent to it, and nothing is played.

So... help? :)

And that problem was solved by installing the latest (Catalyst Software Suite version 13.4).
    Everything works and no adverse effects so far :)

Pat Clark

Portal Pro
    April 25, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Scripts to move MediaPortal back to secondary monitor.

Not sure if my symptoms are typical or not.
    PC->AVR->TV via HDMI, plus VGA monitor as main workbench. (extended)
    MP 1.4.0 pre-release
    mouse user, no handy keyboard

When TV is turned off, nothing bad happens. Sound continues thru AVR, MP remains on TV, although invisible, of course.
    When TV is turned back on, all hell breaks loose.
    About 3 times, MP tries to stabilize.
    If video was running when TV went off, it eventually appears on VGA, but sound in repeat loop of about a second.
    If video was not running, stable MP eventually appears on VGA.

When AVR is turned off, the same sort of symptoms occur.

I wrote a script for my wife to kill MP and restart it, and it nicely reverts MediaPortal to the TV. Actually 2 scripts, since I couldn't get either AutoHotkey or AutoIt to do the whole job. They are executed when the middle mouse button is pressed. (The scripts also take care of 3RVX [the volume displayer] as well, which has the same problem as MP.)

The scripts are attached, in case they're of any use to anybody.

I had originally tried to implement a series of keystrokes (alt-enter, win-shift-arrow, alt-enter) but it was slow and unreliable.

Attachments

• Forum Upload.zip
      681 bytes
    Last edited:

Golfimbul

Portal Member
    June 24, 2013
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi

Is this still a problem with Windows 8? I'm having the "no audio device" error whenever my HTPC is on before my AVR/TV. I have an Nvidia GT640 (miniHDMI -> HDMI cable) AVR (HDMI-HDMI) TV

Restart is the only thing that fixes it. I'm considering trying this: https://forums.geforce.com/default/...tplug-detection-failure-after-sleep/?offset=1 or getting a Dr HDMI device

I'm really hoping upgrading to Windows 8 will mean the problem is solved though. Anyone know?

peque

Moderator - Spanish Forums
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi

Is this still a problem with Windows 8? I'm having the "no audio device" error whenever my HTPC is on before my AVR/TV. I have an Nvidia GT640 (miniHDMI -> HDMI cable) AVR (HDMI-HDMI) TV

Restart is the only thing that fixes it. I'm considering trying this: https://forums.geforce.com/default/...tplug-detection-failure-after-sleep/?offset=1 or getting a Dr HDMI device

I'm really hoping upgrading to Windows 8 will mean the problem is solved though. Anyone know?
    devcon method has been discussed here before... Search through the thread.

Last edited:

Golfimbul

Portal Member
    June 24, 2013
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Let us know how you go, if devcon works we should probably put in the wiki.

I will. Haven't actually had it occur again so haven't been able to test it.

Does anyone know if this problem still occurs with Windows 8?

EDIT: I forgot to mention, I'm using a Denon 2113 (european version) as the AVR with 7.1 speakers and a Sony KDL46X3100 as the display

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom