HTPCInfo plugin v1.15.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (9 Viewers)

Crazand

Portal Member
October 18, 2009
HTPCInfo 0.7 blocked VLCPlayer.

HTPCInfo 0.7 blokiert VLCPlayer, der Player startet nicht mehr in MediaPortal, wenn man etwas wiedergeben möchte. Ich habe 2 Tage verbraucht um das herauszufinden, Windows neuinstallation inklusive, habe nie gedacht, dass das Plugin so etwas auslösen kann. Bitte fixen, wenn es geht.

MfG,

Crazand

1stdead

Portal Pro
February 1, 2008
Copenhagen
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi again :)

Can't you make or change something in the plugin so we can turn this error off? Or maybe if no mediaportal TV is found then remember that?
2009-10-22 10:43:29.420875 [ERROR][MPMain]: Error initializing window:HTPCInfoPlugin.HTPCInfo Could not load file or assembly 'TvControl, Version=1.0.2.42500, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. HTPCInfo at HTPCInfoPlugin.HTPCInfo.InitConnectors()
at HTPCInfoPlugin.HTPCInfo.Init()
at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.PluginManager.LoadWindowPlugin(String strFile)

Thanks

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
HTPCInfo plugin for MediaPortal v0.7.0

HTPCInfo 0.7 blokiert VLCPlayer, der Player startet nicht mehr in MediaPortal, wenn man etwas wiedergeben möchte. Ich habe 2 Tage verbraucht um das herauszufinden, Windows neuinstallation inklusive, habe nie gedacht, dass das Plugin so etwas auslösen kann. Bitte fixen, wenn es geht.

MfG,

Crazand

Hi,
again, this is a english forum, please post your messages in this language, that all others can read your question, problem or solution.
HTPCInfo is a plugin to display informations, it will NOT block any application to start. The VLCPlayer runs on my system without any problems in neighborhood with many other plugins and applications. I'll can check this in a test environment, but for this I need more informations about your machine, MediaPortal version, other installed software, skin etc. Without this, I don't have nothing to create test entry criterias or a reproducable test plan.

Cheers, Micropolis

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands

MfG,

Crazand

Hi,
again, this is a english forum, please post your messages in this language, that all others can read your question, problem or solution.
HTPCInfo is a plugin to display informations, it will NOT block any application to start. The VLCPlayer runs on my system without any problems in neighborhood with many other plugins and applications. I'll can check this in a test environment, but for this I need more informations about your machine, MediaPortal version, other installed software, skin etc. Without this, I don't have nothing to create test entry criterias or a reproducable test plan.

Cheers, Micropolis

I think he's refering to the vlc player plugin, don't know if it was all that clear.

Crazand

Portal Member
October 18, 2009
Hi,

Cheers, Micropolis

Ok, but my english ist very bad. VLC Player runs by me too, but VLC plugin run not in MediaPortal.
I use MediaPortal 1.0.2 with Windows 7 32bit and i use Blue3 skin.

Look, I use KTV Plugin (Download Link) for my IPTV, this plugin need VLC for the play.
1. Install VLC
2. Install KTV Plugin
3. Configure VLC in MediPortal Settings for watch your Videos (divx and other)

If I disable HTPCInfo, i can watch my Videos with VLC plugin, but if activate your plugin VLC plugin dont start in MediPortal.

My other Plugins: MyExplorer, My Streams, My Torrents, Online Videos, Keyboard Input Plugin.

I think he's refering to the vlc player plugin, don't know if it was all that clear.
Yes, you're right

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany

Hi again :)

Can't you make or change something in the plugin so we can turn this error off? Or maybe if no mediaportal TV is found then remember that?
2009-10-22 10:43:29.420875 [ERROR][MPMain]: Error initializing window:HTPCInfoPlugin.HTPCInfo Could not load file or assembly 'TvControl, Version=1.0.2.42500, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. HTPCInfo at HTPCInfoPlugin.HTPCInfo.InitConnectors()
at HTPCInfoPlugin.HTPCInfo.Init()
at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.PluginManager.LoadWindowPlugin(String strFile)

Thanks

Hi 1stdead,
nice to hear you again. If you develop a plugin and you want to use external resources or functions from other dynamic link libraries, you must include these references into your own plugin (e.g. in C# you must use the "using" clause). Now, when you start the plugin, a dynamic link library is searching (in real time) for each references, which are included automatically by the compiler. If any of these references could not be found, a system exception (not a program exception!) occurs.
Because of this (windows driven) architecture specifications it is not possible, to switch off references in real time. The only way is to make all libraries accessible. Sorry, but at the moment I don't know other ways.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

Crazand

Portal Member
October 18, 2009
I reinstalled Windows 7 and MediaPortal 1.0.2 without TVServer, now run VLC and HTCPinfo without problems. Many Thanks on Micropolis for the help!

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany

Tank you for you advice. The MPI File extracts die xml-files only in the blu3 skin file and not in the blue3wide Skinfile.

If i copy the xml file into the blue3wide skin folder manually it works quite perfect, but it looks as i discribed in Post #21 .
In blue3 mode everthing seams well.

Hi m6242 and all Blue3Wide Skin Users,
sorry for the delay, but at the moment are other important things in my pipeline.
As announced before, you find attached now the skin files for Blue3Wide to download. Please take logos and gauge/progress bar images from the original installation files, thx.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

Last edited:

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Micropolis, as promised here the PNGs in optimized file size.

Attachments

• HTPCInfo-PNGs.rar
      30.6 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom