HTPCInfo plugin v1.15.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (9 Viewers)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
HTPCInfo plugin for MediaPortal v0.8.0

Hello vl002001,
based on your informations, it is very difficult to formulate proposals or solutions, because I don't know nothing about your PC, your MediaPortal version, skin or HTPCInfo version.

Because of this some basic solutions to solve your problem:
  • make sure, all WMI related windows processes/services are running on your machine
  • switch off firewalls (temporarily), which blocks communication between MediaPortal and the operating system
  • check your Speedfan installation with the included HTPCInfo diagnostic tool
  • check, if 3rd party applications can access WMI and Speedfan
  • "play" with the configuration settings of HTPCInfo to exclude that there are no dependencies between available options

Please evaluate this informations and post it here. To give you an answer for start screen problem, I need more informations which skin you use.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

vl002001

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Hello vl002001,
    based on your informations, it is very difficult to formulate proposals or solutions, because I don't know nothing about your PC, your MediaPortal version, skin or HTPCInfo version.

Because of this some basic solutions to solve your problem:
    • make sure, all WMI related windows processes/services are running on your machine
    • switch off firewalls (temporarily), which blocks communication between MediaPortal and the operating system
    • check your Speedfan installation with the included HTPCInfo diagnostic tool
    • check, if 3rd party applications can access WMI and Speedfan
    • "play" with the configuration settings of HTPCInfo to exclude that there are no dependencies between available options

Please evaluate this informations and post it here. To give you an answer for start screen problem, I need more informations which skin you use.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

thanks so much for your help.
    1. how do i make sure the WMI related windows processes/services are running?
    2. firewalls are off
    3. htpcinfo diagnostic tool crashes when i try to run it
    4. i will check to see about the 3rd party apps later when i get home
    5. i will also play around with the settings when i get home

6. i am using streamedmp, w/ the streamedmp skins that are available in this thread.
    7. i am on vista

:D

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi vl002001, nikos1671,
    some small answers to your last mail:
    • WMI processes: take a look into Windows Services and check, if the service "Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI)" is started and running
    • Diagnostic Tool: It is normal, if this application crashes. I need more informations, on which step the crash/error occurs.
    • Error Analysis: To identify and analyse the problem, I need your MediaPortal logs, so please post this here.
    • TV Server: Some MediaPortal libraries must be exists, to support TVServer functionalities. If TVServer is not enabled on your system, please copy required libraries (see here) to your MediPortal installation directory.
    • Download/Upload informations: HTPCInfo is a MediaPortal plugin, this means MediaPortal must started. The network traffic before cannot be determined, the operating system also don't collect these informations.
    • @vl002001: Do you have also a ASRock motherboard?

Without more informations, I can't do nothing, sorry.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have updated my monochrome/indigo skin files as well as streamedMP version, see attached screenshots for an impression.

New features:
    - Monochrome/indigo files now also use a backdrop
    - Shared harddisk support
    - Cleaned up not used (on my system) specs

p.s.
    I run a mod version of monochrome cause I want better readability so my text is larger then with default monocrhome/indigo files

Attachments

• monochrome&indigo - details.jpg
      monochrome&indigo - details.jpg
      51.5 KB
    • monochrome&indigo - gauges.jpg
      monochrome&indigo - gauges.jpg
      63.1 KB
    • monochrome&indigo - overview.jpg
      monochrome&indigo - overview.jpg
      64.2 KB
    • streamedmp - details.jpg
      streamedmp - details.jpg
      68.7 KB
    • streamedmp - gauges.jpg
      streamedmp - gauges.jpg
      72.6 KB
    • streamedmp - overview.jpg
      streamedmp - overview.jpg
      60.5 KB

vl002001

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    ok, i updated my skin to the new one posted by joz (thx, btw) and a lot of the values are fixed! so it looks like it was a skinning issue

i'm still missing ram, uptime, and the temperatures.
    how can i make sure that the values from speedfan are matching the ones from the skin? how do i find out what info speedfan is spitting out?

thanks again, great work on this plugin.

vl002001

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    ok, I got it.

renamed "#HTPCInfo.SensorTemperature[CPU]" to "#HTPCInfo.SensorTemperature[1]" and i have the temperatures

the uptime is still not working,
    nor is the processor clock, cpu usage, memory, or pagefile usage
    would this be because of my dual cores? because speedfan displays all the info in "exotics"

thanks again for your help

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi vl002001,
    it seems, that implemented performance counters cannot be read properly on your HTPC. Affected fields are "Uptime", "ProcessorCurrentClock", "MemoryAvailable", "MemoryUsed", "MemoryPercentUsed", "PagefileUsed", "DiskRead", "DiskWrite".
    Actually, it is very complicated to identify the problem, because I don't have your hardware equipment. To solve this problem, I'll can implement a little test tool for you this weekend, you must execute this and explain the results.
    Before I'll do this, please post here more informations about your equipment and your latest MediaPortal log. If I don't have this support, described steps are useless.

I'll wait for this test criterias, cheers Micropolis ;-)

vl002001

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Thanks, here's my log and computer info.

Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H
    AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+ 2.70 GHZ
    4.00 GB Ram
    32-bit
    Vista Ultimate SP2

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom