HTPCInfo plugin v1.15.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (8 Viewers)

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
twingos:

Already is, since I'm running that on one of my clients.

p.s.
you could also test it instead of asking here. If you're on x64 that testing bit should already be second nature for you.

elhefe

Portal Member
October 5, 2009
Home Country
Argentina Argentina
my problem was resolved. i was missin the TVControl and the other dll. Now its working awesome on my demo computer (which is my 'developer' pc) (asus m2npv-vm) thats where i customize my skins and everything.
once i got my skin ready i did the same thing in my HTPC andits not working :(
HTPCInfo works fine, cause it shows any info from the pc (pc name, memory used, etc) but, when i put labels for sensor-related things, the label comes out blank instead of showing the values (like my developer pc)

the HTPC is actually a M4A78-EM with an athlon 620 x4, win xp sp3 all updated and nothing else. anybody has made this plugin work with this mobo? cause maybe its just that speed fan cant handle the mobo right or sth.

i looked up the log, and it loads HTPCInfo fine, and no more entries regarding HTPCInfo so it seems to me that the problem is somewhere in the speedfan connector.
thnx in advance and tell me what i can do to help u guys help me =)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi the_ult,
the skin files you can find here and directly in the skin thread.
A tip for you: Read this thread before and/or use the powerful search functions, it helps really.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

my problem was resolved. i was missin the TVControl and the other dll. Now its working awesome on my demo computer (which is my 'developer' pc) (asus m2npv-vm) thats where i customize my skins and everything.
HTPCInfo works fine, cause it shows any info from the pc (pc name, memory used, etc) but, when i put labels for sensor-related things, the label comes out blank instead of showing the values (like my developer pc)

the HTPC is actually a M4A78-EM with an athlon 620 x4, win xp sp3 all updated and nothing else. anybody has made this plugin work with this mobo? cause maybe its just that speed fan cant handle the mobo right or sth.

i looked up the log, and it loads HTPCInfo fine, and no more entries regarding HTPCInfo so it seems to me that the problem is somewhere in the speedfan connector.

Hi elhefe,
to determine the issue with your motherboard, please check your configuration in the following way:
  • read the Speedfan manual/homepage and check, if your sensor chip is supported OR open Speedfan and post, which values can be identified by Speedfan (I know, Speedfan is running on your machine, but I don't known which sensors)
  • start the included HTPCInfo diagnostic tool OR check, if 3rd party tools (e.g. Speedfan Gadget) can display Speedfan values

With these informations, it can be possible to fix your problem.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

elhefe

Portal Member
October 5, 2009
Home Country
Argentina Argentina
thnx so much for the help.
as soon as i get home i check what sensor it has and all.
there's also a new version of speedfan, which is 4.40 (beta) so im gonna give that a try as well and respond.
thnx!

Hi the_ult,
the skin files you can find here and directly in the skin thread.
A tip for you: Read this thread before and/or use the powerful search functions, it helps really.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

Hi elhefe,
to determine the issue with your motherboard, please check your configuration in the following way:
  • read the Speedfan manual/homepage and check, if your sensor chip is supported OR open Speedfan and post, which values can be identified by Speedfan (I know, Speedfan is running on your machine, but I don't known which sensors)
  • start the included HTPCInfo diagnostic tool OR check, if 3rd party tools (e.g. Speedfan Gadget) can display Speedfan values

With these informations, it can be possible to fix your problem.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
HTPCInfo plugin for MediaPortal v0.8.0

Dear community,
after more than 4 weeks of development and beta testing the new version 0.8.0 of HTPCInfo is ready for downloading.
This release contains a lot of major plugin improvements, new functions and minor skin changes, so please read the attached manual carefully.

New highlights and informations for users:
  • Based on code optimizations, some dynamic link libraries are not longer required. To remove this from your installation, please deinstall the plugin before ugrading or delete "speedfanconnector.dll" and "ntpconnector.dll" manually.
  • This version requires some changes to your skin file, so please try to download the latest version of your favourite skin.
  • One of the major improvements is support of xAP protocol for SpeedFan to display computer specific sensor informations for clients in your network. For required configuration settings, please take a look into the attached manual.
  • A second major improvement is sensor monitoring for ATI- and NVIDIA- graphic cards. If you do not have one of this in your HTPC, please disable this option in the configuration dialog.
  • To customize the refresh cycles to the realities of your HTPC, now you have the possibility for better fine tuning. Please use the options "Refresh Priority" and "Refresh Period" for this.

More informations for skinners:
  • As announced before, some obsolete properties from version v0.6.x are not longer supported.
  • With this release, HTPCInfo introduced a new section called "Self Designed". To use this, please insert this section with ID 54 into the htpcinfo.xml file.
  • All units (v, °, rpm, fps, Hz, MHz, GHz, KBytes, MBytes, GBytes) are added now to values, please remove hard coded unit strings (except %) in your skin files.

• I want to say thx to joz and catavolt for beta testing.
  • A BIG thx goes again to joz for his support in the last month, for helpful discussions and for some great improvement ideas.
  • Thx to all users for more than 725 downloads of version v0.7.0.

Cheers and thx, Micropolis ;-)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
HTPCInfo TVServer Monitor for MediaPortal v0.1.0

Dear community,
additionally to the functionalities of the HTPCInfo plugin you can find now a windows tray application to monitor the activities of your TV Server. These application can be used directly from your windows desktop.
For more informations and configuration options, please take a look to the first post and the attached documentation.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

vl002001

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Sorry, this is a noob question, but most of hte information is not showing up. Really, the only info that shows up is the hard drive info.

operating system and all of that basic stuff doesn't seem to work. i'm running speedfan but that doesn't seem to help.

also, for the network information, it seems to start counting the bytes downloaded/uploaded from when the program starts. is there a way for it to count the total dl/ul info from when the computer starts?

thanks, great work!

edit: also, i try to start it in gauges mode but it always starts on the regular screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom