HTPCInfo plugin v1.15.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (17 Viewers)

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: HTPCInfo plugin v1.4.2 for MediaPortal 1.2.0 and higher

Here the updated skin files for PureVisionHD (Blue) ;)

Attachments

• HTPC Info for PureVisionHD.zip
      7.5 KB
    • HTPC Info for PureVisionHDBlue.zip
      7.5 KB

1stdead

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Re: HTPCInfo plugin v1.4.1 for MediaPortal 1.2.0 and higher

Hey 1stdead,

And i'm having troubles with...

sorry to say, but please read the manual carefully.

• #HTPCInfo.TranslationUptime -> #HTPCInfo.TranslationUpTime
    • #HTPCInfo.TranslationOpticalDrive -> #HTPCInfo.TranslationOpticalDriveDevice
    • #HTPCInfo.TranslationPartitionCount -> #HTPCInfo.TranslationDrivePartition
    • #HTPCInfo.TranslationBIOS -> #HTPCInfo.TranslationMachineBIOS

Best regards, have fun and a happy new year, Micropolis

Dooh, looked a wrong place.....

I got a question more then. If i want to show all codecs, how do i do it the best way... (more are less asking to every property that you don't know how many people have)

<label>#HTPCInfo.Codec1Description (#HTPCInfo.Codec1Manufacturer) #HTPCInfo.TranslationVersion #HTPCInfo.Codec1Version - #HTPCInfo.Codec1Description (#HTPCInfo.Codec2Manufacturer) #HTPCInfo.TranslationVersion #HTPCInfo.Codec2Version - etc</label>

Or is there something better to do?

My lan traffic always shows 0? Am I missing something?
    And sometimes codecs just show "unknown". So it seems like they aren't loaded. But weird thing is version property show correct info. Just not codec description.

Annd finally i'm almost done making the proper skin for AValon :)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi 1stdead,
    I got a question more then. If i want to show all codecs, how do i do it the best way... (more are less asking to every property that you don't know how many people have)

<label>#HTPCInfo.Codec1Description (#HTPCInfo.Codec1Manufacturer) #HTPCInfo.TranslationVersion #HTPCInfo.Codec1Version - #HTPCInfo.Codec1Description (#HTPCInfo.Codec2Manufacturer) #HTPCInfo.TranslationVersion #HTPCInfo.Codec2Version - etc</label>

In my opinion this is the best solution.

Do you have the same problem after reinitializing plugin? If yes, the appropriate performance counter can't be initialized. We can discuss solutions via personal message or IRC chat.

And sometimes codecs just show "unknown". So it seems like they aren't loaded. But weird thing is version property show correct info. Just not codec description.

Strange, please try the same step as above. Otherwise we can test your machine using a WMI analysis tool.

Cheers and thx for making the skin files, Micropolis

1stdead

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

Hi 1stdead,

In my opinion this is the best solution.

Hmm well there is no way to know how many codecs i should account for. HTPCinfo reports that i have 12, and typing the lines all over again would be kinda dull. Some might have more and some less. I don't know if its possible to do, but instead using something like #HTPCInfo.CodecXDescription (#HTPCInfo.CodecXManufacturer) #HTPCInfo.TranslationVersion #HTPCInfo.CodecXVersion which cycles through all possible codecs found? Perhaps theres an better solution or perhaps nothing should be done. I just wondered :)

Do you have the same problem after reinitializing plugin? If yes, the appropriate performance counter can't be initialized. We can discuss solutions via personal message or IRC chat.

Hmm don't think that this is working. We can try and discuss this after the 16th - i have exams until then, so i won't be spending much time digging for a solution before that :)

Strange, please try the same step as above. Otherwise we can test your machine using a WMI analysis tool.

Confirmed working :)

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2012
    New York
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Great plugin, very useful. But I'm having one problem with it.

When I tried Safely Remove Drive it would crash immediately. So on a hunch, I tried running MediaPortal in administrator mode and it worked fine. I also tried disabling UAC in Windows 7 and this also worked. Either method lets me use the Remove Drive feature.

However, neither of these is acceptable to me. I can't be bothered with that UAC prompt every time I turn on my HTPC, and I don't want to disable UAC permanently. I mean I really, REALLY don't want to disable it.

So what I want to know is if there is another way to make the Safely Remove Drive feature work? I checked around and there is no way to disable UAC for only a single program; It's either completely on or off.

muffet

Portal Member
    December 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Urgh... UAC... waste of time. If you really want to keep that crap enabled, do this:
    Right click Mediaportal Shortcut
    Go to Compatibility Tab
    Check 'Run This Program as an Administrator'
    Apply, OK.

torbjorns

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Urgh... UAC... waste of time. If you really want to keep that crap enabled, do this:
    Go to Compatibility Tab
    Apply, OK.

Maybe its a waste of time and crap, but my shark007 codecs needs the UAC for proper use.

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2012
    New York
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Go to Compatibility Tab
    Apply, OK.

As I said, the other problem is that I can't have that UAC prompt come up every time I start up my HTPC. That's exactly what will happen if I set it to run as administrator, and it is unacceptable in a dedicated HTPC.

I did find a partial solution, though. There is a way to make a shortcut which uses the Task Scheduler to start MediaPortal (or any program) as administrator, without triggering a UAC prompt. I can even set it to run every time my HTPC starts up. That would let this plugin work properly without having to authenticate every time MP starts.

Just one problem: If I start MediaPortal with the green button on the remote, that starts it up in normal user mode. If I can find a way to fix this then it would be perfect.

But if anyone has an easier solution then I would love to hear it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom