HTPCInfo plugin v1.15.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (6 Viewers)

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2012
    New York
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Okay, so I fond a solution to my problem. As previously mentioned, I used Task Scheduler to make a task to start MP as Administrator at startup, and made a shortcut to start this on demand. But now I also figured out that running MPTray.exe as Administrator will make MP run as administrator as well, so I similarly made Task Scheduler start MPTray as Admin. This gives me the desired results: "Safely Remove Drive" works properly whether MP starts automatically or I start it with the remote, I did not have to disable UAC and I don't get any UAC prompts.

Problem solved, I suppose, but it just seems a bit convoluted. Does anyone know an easier way to make the Remove Drive feature work without disabling UAC or getting a UAC prompt? Maybe some Windows trick I am not aware of, or possibly changing the way the plugin works?

And on another topic, is there any plan to support this plugin in the DefaultWide Skin?

abeule

Portal Pro
    April 13, 2008
    AW: HTPCInfo plugin v1.4.2 for MediaPortal 1.2.0 and higher

I did look for it but came up empty, so:

Has anyone made a correct skin for "DefaultWide" for the actual version of HTPCInfo?

doug

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 22, 2010
    Calgary
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Re: AW: HTPCInfo plugin v1.4.2 for MediaPortal 1.2.0 and higher

I did look for it but came up empty, so:

Has anyone made a correct skin for "DefaultWide" for the actual version of HTPCInfo?

I was looking for the DefaultWide skin too. I saw a post earlier in the thread to use the Blue3Wide skins as a solution. But I couldn't find those in the zip files in the first post or the installer.

Katharsis

Portal Member
    November 4, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi everybody,

i can´t see CPU-Temp in HTPCInfo-Plugin inside StreamedMP.
    No sensors visible in MediaportalConfig --> HTPCInfo
    In SpeedFan 4.45, all the temps are shown right.
    What´s the problem here. I´d like to see CPU-Temp with external display using Diskeeper´s nice STMP-Skin for MPdisplay2 but the only thing i can see there is CPU-Utilization...

P.S.
    I´m running latest HTPCInfo with latest StreamedMP and MP1.2.2

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You have to put in all the wanted sensors according to your SpeedFan readings into the MediaportalConfig --> HTPCInfo first.
    Then you have to look for the properties in the skin whether your required items are in there and properly named - possibly you´ll have to adapt some properties.
    Because every PC is different, there is no generic skin file possible ;)

Katharsis

Portal Member
    November 4, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You have to put in all the wanted sensors according to your SpeedFan readings into the MediaportalConfig --> HTPCInfo first.
    Then you have to look for the properties in the skin whether your required items are in there and properly named - possibly you´ll have to adapt some properties.
    Because every PC is different, there is no generic skin file possible ;)

Ok thx! I´ll try this

Regards
    Katharsis

shorty1483

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I tried using it in MP 1.2.3 with the actual StreamedMP skin, but always I click Select on HomeScreen to view the HTPCInfo screen, there is a short time just background and then the screen switches back to the HomeScreen.

Any solution?

Edit: Nevermind, have it now...Was my fault :D

Last edited:

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear community,
    I'm happy to publish a new release v1.4.5 of this plugin, you can download this version from our plugin repository or from first post of this thread. This version contains changes to Speedfan sensor routines, alert functionalities and minor stability fixes.

Informations for users:
    • due to shared memory handling changes of newer Speedfan versions the optional sensor mapping configuration must be enhanced, you can select your required sensors now (see chapter 5 for further information)
    • the temperature alert routine works now with Speedfan v4.46 correctly
    Informations for skinners:
    • the announced changes to section support controls (ID 50-53) are finally implemented, all skins must be adjust now to support the visiblity condition "SectionView" (see included generic skin files)

Hint: this plugin can produce a lot of labels, if you see any display issues (e.g. screen flickering, missing labels) please follow the instructions from this thread.

Cheers, Micropolis

TommySharp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Looks like a great plugin.... All i want is some way to see remaining hard drive space and percentage when i view the tv guide and recordings....

Hopefully this pluging can help me with this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom