HTPCInfo plugin v1.15.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (3 Viewers)

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I know MP doesn't stop shutdown while recording when using Win XP as i have done it myself several times before i started using HTPCInfo TVServerMonitor.

Ah yes, I can see how something extra might be necessary for XP as that doesn't have an Away mode.

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Dear ocx32,
... there is a bug with this plugin I fresh install lastest MP ands streamedmp skin but when i install htpcinfo ...

this is not a bug. If you have read the release notes carefully, you can find this: 1.4.3 - Remove of section support controls (ID 50-53), use SectionView instead". These changes are announced a lot of days before. To fix the problem, the skin files of streamedMP must be changed: all visible conditions, where you can find control IDs 50-53 must be replaced with <visible>string.equals(#HTPCInfo.SectionView,xxx)</visible>. xxx is a string like "Overview", "Details", "Gauges" and "Summary".

Cheers, Micropolis

ocx32

Portal Member
November 12, 2009
Thanks for answered. So if i understand streamedmp is not up to date with HTPCinfo

This is my corrected streamedmp skin files i probably made some errors. Can you check them please ?

OCX32

Attachments

• HTPCInfo.xml
    8 KB
  • HTPCInfo_details.xml
    12.8 KB
  • HTPCInfo_gauges.xml
    32.3 KB
  • HTPCInfo_overview.xml
    26.4 KB

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi Micropolis, is there any concerns with this error message. It occurs on plugin Init.
    Code:
    [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: HTPC Info: Speedfan Shared Memory Initialization Error. (Error Code: HTPCInfo.Core.SharedMemoryException: Error accessing shared memory area. (2)
       at HTPCInfo.Core.SpeedfanSharedMemory..ctor()
       at HTPCInfo.Core.SpeedfanHandler..ctor(Boolean filterZeroValues)
       at HTPCInfo.Core.SpeedfanHandler..ctor()
       at HTPCInfoPlugin.HTPCInfo.InitConnectors(), Error accessing shared memory area. (2))

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear ltfearme,
    Hi Micropolis, is there any concerns with this error message. It occurs on plugin Init.

I'm able to observe this behavior (or problem) under the following constellation:
    • an older Speedfan version is installed, which doesn't support shared memory (I think Speedfan versions prior 4.39)
    • the shared memory area, which was allocated by Speedfan before, doesn't have the expected size (this problem occurs randomly and I don't know the root cause, a mail to the developer of Speedfan remained unanswered)
    • Speedfan was not started in the same user context as MediaPortal
    Which operating system (XP x32/x64, Win7 x32/x64 etc.) do you use? What is your currently installed Speedfan version?

Cheers, Micropolis

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi Micropolis, I dont have SpeedFan installed. I didnt realize this was mandatory but instead optional. I will install this and see how we go. It would be nice if you make this optional, you can still use this plugin by the looks of it without it.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Micropolis, i seem to be having some issues with the latest version, and it seems to be related to my CPU (since i also installed it on my HTPC yesterday, and it's running fine on that system). I've uploaded some errorcodes & screens in another post, which can be found here.

Could you have a look at them and see what could be causing this? It's my Test System that is having issues.

TNX ;)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi ltfearme, HomeY,

... I dont have SpeedFan installed. I didnt realize this was mandatory but instead optional. I will install this and see how we go. It would be nice if you make this optional, you can still use this plugin by the looks of it without it...

The installation of Speedfan isn't mandatory, but required to detect system ensor values. Please disable all system sensor related configuration options and the error message doesn't come again.

... i seem to be having some issues with the latest version, and it seems to be related to my CPU ...

There are some more discussions about this issue. I'm not able to reproduce this, because I don't have a PC with Sandybridge CPU. Please take a look to the following posts (post #1, post #2, post #3 and post #4), maybe this fix your problem. If nothing of this helps, I will send you a WMI analysis tool, it allows us to take a deeper look into the correct WMI call options.

Cheers, Micropolis

scorpie

Portal Pro
    November 5, 2009
    Nürnberg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I like that plugin even if have some problems with it.

I know I had the values ntfs for my drives and the fps rate yesterday, but since today I don't see something there. everything else of my graphic card and drives is available.

First I thought it was cuz I change the skin for my liking a bit, but after restoring the original htpc....xml files it is still the same.
    Do I need speedfan for this values, not sure about that.

Can someone tell me where the diagnosic tool is (name of it and folder), I can't find it - stupid me.

And the last thing, no matter what I try I don't get any temperatures. Speedfan shows them.

I changed this

<control>
    <description>Temperature Sensors Value</description>
    <type>label</type>
    <id>1</id>
    <font>mediastream10c</font>
    <posX>1040</posX>
    <posY>250</posY>
    <label>#HTPCInfo.SensorTemperatureCPU</label>
    <visible>string.equals(#HTPCInfo.SectionView, Overview)+!string.starts(#HTPCInfo.SensorTemperatureCPU,#)</visible>
    <animation effect="fade" time="500">visiblechange</animation>

I tried the names and numbers, but which one of this values "#HTPCInfo.SensorTemperatureCPU" has to be changed. First, second or both

I tried numbers from 0 to 9 with a 0 placed in front of each digit like 00, 01 and so on. and for that I removed the names in the sensor fields of htpcinfo.

Right now these are my settings

htpcinfo.jpgspeedfan.jpg

It would be nice to get one temperature just for the start

every help is welcome
    scorpie

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom