HTPCInfo plugin v1.15.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (4 Viewers)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi scorpie,
... I know I had the values ntfs for my drives and the fps rate yesterday, but since today I don't see something there...
Do you see the value(s), if you re-initialize the plugin inside MediaPortal? If yes, there are timer/machine related issues and HTPCInfo doesn't have the chance to read the values at the right time.

... but after restoring the original htpc....xml files it is still the same. Do I need speedfan for this values, not sure about that.
Doy you have restored the correct skin files? I cant follow you completely, but I'm sure you don't need Speedfan.

... Can someone tell me where the diagnosic tool is (name of it and folder)...
The diagnostic tool is not part of the installer. Please download the appropriate zip of HTPCInfo, open the directory "Diagnostic Tool" and copy the executable to your destination folder. Please be aware, that this tools needs HTPCInfo.Core.dll to start correctly.

... And the last thing, no matter what I try I don't get any temperatures. Speedfan shows them...
Currently I don't have the possibility to test your skin changes. maybe the visible condition is the problem? Please refer to my original generic skin files or post your skin files here for testing.

... I tried numbers from 0 to 9 with a 0 placed in front of each digit like 00, 01 and so on. and for that I removed the names in the sensor fields of htpcinfo...
By default, HTPCInfo use digits starting with 0, means #HTPCInfo.SensorTemperature0, #HTPCInfo.SensorTemperature1 and so on. To get the count of readable temperature sensors, please check the property value #HTPCInfo.SensorTemperatureCount. This value can also help to find out, how the values (and how many) can be detected.

Additionally please check your error.log for HTPCInfo related errors. Actually I can only guess the root cause.

Cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

scorpie

Portal Pro
November 5, 2009
Nürnberg
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi Micropolis,

thanks for your help.

Do you see the value(s), if you re-initialize the plugin inside MediaPortal? If yes, there are timer/machine related issues and HTPCInfo doesn't have the chance to read the values at the right time.

No, using shift+i change nothing

Edit. Just installed mp on my second pc using my files and it the same there, I dont see the value for ntfs and fps. Well thats not true after some starts of mp I got them once but since then not again.shouldn't be files related.

Doy you have restored the correct skin files? I cant follow you completely, but I'm sure you don't need Speedfan.

I use the files from this link
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...th-streamedmp-please-help.108307/#post-870338 with the ones that come with your plugin everything is a little mess. But even with yours it is not working

please check the property value #HTPCInfo.SensorTemperatureCount.

????

The diagnostic tool is not part of the installer. Please download the appropriate zip of HTPCInfo, open the directory "Diagnostic Tool" and copy the executable to your destination folder. Please be aware, that this tools needs HTPCInfo.Core.dll to start correctly.
I copied the exe to the windows folder under plugins (there is the HTPCinfo.Core.dll), but it's not working.
I get HTPCInfo..... is not functioning anymore. I don't know how to translate the rest of the text.

And oh please don't be angry if I use some wrong words, I don't mean it bad

Here are the files I have changed

Attachments

• HTPCInfo_details.xml
    14.4 KB
  • HTPCInfo_overview.xml
    15 KB
Last edited:

scorpie

Portal Pro
November 5, 2009
Nürnberg
Home Country
Germany Germany
Found the problem, some performance counters have been disabled, but I don't know why.

For some pc's the command lodctr /r works, but not for me

I had to change the value for all disable performace counter to 0 (in the registry) and then I checked them with the Resource Kit "exctrlst_setup.exe"

Sorry for circumstances

scorpie

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi scorpie,
... please check the property value #HTPCInfo.SensorTemperatureCount.
It's very simple. Please create (or extend an existing) text label control and insert the property into the label tag. After this, please start MediaPortal, open the plugin and check the related value.

... I copied the exe to the windows folder under plugins (there is the HTPCinfo.Core.dll), but it's not working...
Sorry, I've forgot to say, that you need also access the the TVServer relevant libraries. The best way ist to (temporarily) copy the diagnostic tool incl. HTPCInfo.Core.dll into the MediaPortal root folder.

Maybe later in the evening I have time to check your skin files.

Cheers, Micropolis

scorpie

Portal Pro
November 5, 2009
Nürnberg
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi Micropolis,

right now everything works like I want - well, most of

I have changed some translations and a lot of other stuff to my liking.
Gosh - all I can say is thank you very much for this plugin.
It was a lot of work for me to change these little things, cuz I can't write codes like that. I hope you don't mind my changes. There are just 2 sides left. The overview and the details.

übersicht.jpgdetails.jpg

I tried everything to remove the entries for gauge and summary from the menu, but I failed. As you can see down below I get empty sides (just one as example), but they are still there. Can you please tell me how to do it. And is it possible to change the menu like shown above. I just did it with paintnet - hope you know what I would like to have.

leer.jpg

Here are the files I have changed

Again, thanks a lot
scorpie

Attachments

• HTPCInfo.xml
    6.7 KB
  • HTPCInfo_details.xml
    13.3 KB
  • HTPCInfo_overview.xml
    19.3 KB
  • strings_de.xml
    10.3 KB

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi scorpie,
... I tried everything to remove the entries for gauge and summary from the menu, but I failed. As you can see down below I get empty sides (just one as example), but they are still there....
You must disable both pages in the configuration dialog (tab "Settings") by unchecking "Show gauge page" and "Show summary page". For more, see the included manual chapter 4.6.

And is it possible to change the menu like shown above. I just did it with paintnet - hope you know what I would like to have.
I don't know exactly what you mean, but if it is the translation only, please change string 10 to 13 to your personal needs. Please be aware, that only one button can be used to cycle through the different pages, direct calls to open enabled pages isn't supported.

Cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

scorpie

Portal Pro
November 5, 2009
Nürnberg
Home Country
Germany Germany
Thanks Micropolis,

for the tip with the configuration dialog. Just didn't see it.

What I would like to have are two buttons instead of one. One for details and one for overview. Is that possible.

Servus
scorpie

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi scorpie,
... What I would like to have are two buttons instead of one. One for details and one for overview. Is that possible...

To enable this plugin feature, major code changes are required. Sorry to say, but I do not want to change this currently, because it would break my design concept for this and other plugins (e.g. Stocks & Indices, WorldWeather).

Cheers, Micropolis

thica

May 24, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello,
I just downloaded the "HTPCInfo TVServerMonitor v0.7.0.zip" , but there is only on executable in the zip. This does not fit to the description and it gives an error message, when I try to start the binary. (OS: win 7 64bit)

Thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom