HTPCInfo plugin v1.15.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (6 Viewers)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello thica,
welcome to the forum of MediaPortal and my HTPCInfo thread.

... I just downloaded the "HTPCInfo TVServerMonitor v0.7.0.zip" , but there is only on executable in the zip. This does not fit to the description and it gives an error message, when I try to start the binary. (OS: win 7 64bit)...
as described in the manual, HTPCInfo TVServerMonitor requires additional libraries of MediaPortal (e.g. TvControl.dll, TvLibrary.Interfaces.dll) and PowerScheduler libraries (PowerScheduler.Interfaces.dll). When the application doesn't have access to these files, the application must crash (correctly).
The best procedure is to unzip the installation archive to a temporary directory. After this step, please copy or move the executable file to your MediaPortal root directory (in most cases "c:\program files\team mediaportal") and start the TVServerMonitor from this location.

Cheers, Micropolis

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Dear community,
a new version of HTPCInfo, HTPCInfo TVServer Monitor and HTPCInfo Diagnostic Tool was pubished today, you can download the appropriate versions from our plugin repository or from first post of this thread.

Information for users:
  • complete rework of HTPCInfo Diagnostic Tool
  • rework of HTPCInfo and HTPCInfo TVServer Monitor core routines
  • new properties (OSDirectXVersionName, UpdateTime)
Information for skinners:
  • skin changes are not required

Cheers, Micropolis

TLD

Portal Pro
October 26, 2007
Rainy Washington
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi Micropolis, I am using HTPCInfo to monitor the tv cards in my tv server and was wondering how often in is suppose to update it seems to take a long time, like hours before the cards show there idle after they are shown idle in the manual control in tv server configuration. I do have the cards to turn off instead of going to stand by in the tv server configuration i wonder if that could be an issue?

The cards show 000 when i first start MP and i have watched when a recording is in progress and they are monitering as the number changes to 80 or 100 but after the recording stops the cards still show 100 for a long time.

Attached are MP logs if you want to look at them let me know if you need anything else.

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey it would be kill if there was some kinda of utorrent plugin for this so on the home screen we could display the following

Active torrents: 5 | Download Speed: 750 kb/s | Total Downloaded: 12.5 GB | Upload Speed: 57 kb/s | Total Uploaded: 3.2 GB

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Micropolis

The diagnostic tool needs access to Micropolis.MPCore.dll and Micropolis.TVCore.dll, please move it e.g. to your plugins directory.

I'm just testing with v0.8 of the Diagnostic Tool. Does this only work with MP1.3 as I can't seem to get it to work with 1.2.3?

I've put it in the plugins folder, where MPCore.dll and TVCore.dll are. The error says it needs access to those plus HTPCInfo.dll (which are all in the plugins folder), plus Utils.dll, TVControl.dll and TVLIbrary.Interfaces.dll (which aren't). I did try putting the tool in C:\Program Files (x86)\Team Mediaportal\ as well but got the same error.

Regarding TVServer Monitor, that seems to need to go in C:\Program Files (x86)\Team Mediaportal\Mediaportal as it gives an error if it's in Team Mediaportal\. It also seems to take quite a while to find the TVServer. Could this be because I'm using the Loopback Adapter (192.168.2.1) rather than localhost?

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi TLD, kiwijunglist, doveman,

TLD:
    ... I am using HTPCInfo to monitor the tv cards in my tv server and was wondering how often in is suppose to update it seems to take a long time, like hours before the cards show there idle after they are shown idle in the manual control in tv server configuration. I do have the cards to turn off instead of going to stand by in the tv server configuration i wonder if that could be an issue? ...

The TVServer Monitor use the standard MediaPortal routines to detect information. Do you use the tool on the client or server side? Do you can see different results for both constellations?

kiwijunglist:
    ... it would be kill if there was some kinda of utorrent plugin for this ...

That's not the idea of this plugin and will not be included in any of my future versions.

doveman:
    ... Does this only work with MP1.3 as I can't seem to get it to work with 1.2.3?

The diagnostic tool works with all TVServer versions since v1.1.6.27644.

... I've put it in the plugins folder, where MPCore.dll and TVCore.dll are. The error says it needs access to those plus HTPCInfo.dll (which are all in the plugins folder), plus Utils.dll, TVControl.dll and TVLIbrary.Interfaces.dll (which aren't). I did try putting the tool in C:\Program Files (x86)\Team Mediaportal\ as well but got the same error...

The best way is to copy the tool including HTPCInfo.Core.dll, Micropolis.MPCore.dll and Micropolis.TVCore.dll temporary to the root installation folder of MediaPortal (e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Team Mediaportal). Here it works without problems, what you mean with "same error"? Does the application crashes or shows you error code(s)?

... Regarding TVServer Monitor, that seems to need to go in C:\Program Files (x86)\Team Mediaportal\Mediaportal as it gives an error if it's in Team Mediaportal\. It also seems to take quite a while to find the TVServer. Could this be because I'm using the Loopback Adapter (192.168.2.1) rather than localhost?

No, from my point of view the loopback adapter isn't a problem. The tool needs some time to scan your network. Maybe the command line option to control the update interval helps.

@All: Today I've found a serious graphic card detection problem inside the configuration dialog. At the well known places you can find a hotifx version, that solves this problem.

Cheers, Micropolis

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    The best way is to copy the tool including HTPCInfo.Core.dll, Micropolis.MPCore.dll and Micropolis.TVCore.dll temporary to the root installation folder of MediaPortal (e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Team Mediaportal). Here it works without problems, what you mean with "same error"? Does the application crashes or shows you error code(s)?

I've tried that and it still produces the same error (i.e. the message box saying "Some assemblies required to run this application are missing"). At the end it says "Latest Error Code Utils, Version=1.2.0.241, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null".

No, from my point of view the loopback adapter isn't a problem. The tool needs some time to scan your network. Maybe the command line option to control the update interval helps.

OK I'll try that thanks. I'm using a single seat setup by the way and testing on Win7 x86 (so I made a mistake when I said C:\Program Files (x86) as it's just C:\Program Files\). Just got confused as my main system is Win7 x64!

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi doveman,
    ... I've tried that and it still produces the same error (i.e. the message box saying "Some assemblies required to run this application are missing"). At the end it says "Latest Error Code Utils, Version=1.2.0.241, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null"...

In this case, the utils.dll from MediaPortal isn't accessible. I don't know the reason, but (here) a successful (re-)installation copies that library into the root installation folder.

Cheers, Micropolis

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    In this case, the utils.dll from MediaPortal isn't accessible. I don't know the reason, but (here) a successful (re-)installation copies that library into the root installation folder.

Cheers, Micropolis

Thanks Micropolis. I copied utils.dll from Team Mediaportal\MediaPortal\ to Team MediaPortal\ and it's working now (y)

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi TLD, kiwijunglist, doveman,

TLD:
    ... I am using HTPCInfo to monitor the tv cards in my tv server and was wondering how often in is suppose to update it seems to take a long time, like hours before the cards show there idle after they are shown idle in the manual control in tv server configuration. I do have the cards to turn off instead of going to stand by in the tv server configuration i wonder if that could be an issue? ...

The TVServer Monitor use the standard MediaPortal routines to detect information. Do you use the tool on the client or server side? Do you can see different results for both constellations?

I just checked and both client and server show one side of the HAUPPAUGE WinTV-HVR-2250 Dual TV Tuner recording and the HAUPPAUGE WinTV-PVR-150 recording also.

HTPCInfo TVServerMonitor which is installed on the server is showing only the one side of the HAUPPAUGE WinTV-HVR-2250 Dual TV Tuner recording which is correct according to MP TV Server manual control in the TV Server configuration, and there is only 1 program scheduled to record at this time.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom