Idea: Port LogoManager into common library and use it inside MP2-Server plugin (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    hello boys
    i can only link to my old proposition about logo management ....
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/all-skins-designer-logo-tv.89053/

and more this one :
    129472_schema_logo_additional_cr2[1].jpg
    for me the 4/3 format keep the best for all size of logos.
    and the size should be 512pix for best quality.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    if the coloured background is a recognizable part of a logo - then we shouldn't remove it.
    As I remeber also it was a tradtion for NZ used to made coloured logos. Same with France :)
    What can I say. :)
    Colours are used a lot in our channel logos and branding. At least for me the logos just don't look right with white (or any one colour) for background.

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    What can I say.
    Colours are used a lot in our channel logos and branding. At least for me the logos just don't look right with white (or any one colour) for background.
    As you understand it's almost impossible to set background with the same colour as logo programmatically. You can only use blank design and original logo with background to simulate this. :)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Questions:
    Once a channel logo is downloaded, does it remain on my system?
    Can they be downloaded to my server and the clients pull from my server?
    The MP2 implementation (SlimTV.Resources) now downloads logos on first request, apply theme and cache them on server (per theme/channel). All clients already using them via MP2 Fanart service.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    [OT]
    Then implement it and commit something or visually show something. At this point suddenly 10 times more people join in and have an opinion how it should be done and better how much more would be nice to add.
    I think this is normal. As breeze said, when we see something visual it starts to become real and we can start to imagine more of the detail and issues that we care about are immediately obvious.

I will never ignore a useful comment with a good point about the topic. :)This is where the guy who just implemented it ask himself: WHY now AFTER I have coded it? IMHO this is one of the reason we loose devs.
    I'm genuinely sorry. Not trying to snipe, just trying to be constructive. I really (I mean really) appreciate your work. (y)
    [/OT]

Do we need/want more than one logo per channel?
    I think people would use them if they were available, however not sure that it is critical. Using the aspect ratio issue as an example: if the different aspect ratios are available then you can bet skin designers would use them. However, not very many logos (at least for NZ) would actually have very different logos for 4:3/square vs. 16:9. Ultimately I guess I would vote no, especially for a v1.

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I guess there are several use cases for the logos and some of them maybe want larger images. In MediaPortal iViewer (that use MPExtended resized logos) we use channel logo in e.g in the now playing screen for recordings. That image is 100x100 pix and on a retina screen that require a 200x200 logo image to not lose details when reducing size. I agree that the pixel mapped logo size is the best alternative but for how many cases can one achive that?

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    in what skin do you want to see the logo taking a quarter of screen? don't forget - resize (even reducing) don't make pictures better (rather worse)
    hello vasilich, 512pix is for the original logo (logo channel without effect, on alpha layer) and can be resized, depending of skin resolution and skin designer wish.

exaple all my logos source are 512pix, but resized to 200 with phot0shop export.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, "Auto Crop" is implemented and it works as expected :D It detects borders by comparing pixel's Alpha value to be != 0.

Results without any processing:
    Modern-StreamedMP 16x9-none_animal planet hd.png
    Modern-StreamedMP 16x9-none_Das Erste hd.png
    Modern-StreamedMP 16x9-none_sat.1.png
    Modern-StreamedMP 16x9-none_zdf hd.png

Results with AutoCrop, Resize, Glow and Shadow:
    Modern-StreamedMP 16x9-max_animal planet hd.png
    Modern-StreamedMP 16x9-max_Das Erste hd.png
    Modern-StreamedMP 16x9-max_sat.1.png
    Modern-StreamedMP 16x9-max_zdf hd.png

Status
    Not open for further replies.