Idea: Port LogoManager into common library and use it inside MP2-Server plugin | Page 21

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by morpheus_xx, December 10, 2013.

1. FreakyJ
    • Team MediaPortal

FreakyJ Development Group

Ratings:
    +1,424 / 1
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Really 6 months? ! The time is traveling very fast :D

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. breese
    • Premium Supporter

breese Retired Team Member

Sr. Systems Engineer
    Ratings:
    +768 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    Show System Specs
    I just created a user account and submitted 2 United States (Chicago) channels.
    As you step thru the menu's (top to bottom) and fill out the information, if you Click browse to your image and add it, then create the Alias's, the location of the image disappears making you do it again.

4. azzuro
    • Team MediaPortal

azzuro Test Group

technician HVAC
    Ratings:
    +4,251 / 13
    Home Country:
    France France
    Show System Specs
    @offbyone : i try to import his one :
    http://mediaportal-france-rtv-logos.googlecode.com/svn/Trunk/LOGOS/TV/Minimal/
    error runtime (open)

Server Error in '/' Application.

Runtime Error
    Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
    <customErrors mode="Off"/>
    </system.web>
    </configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
    <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
    </system.web>
    </configuration>

5. bribbon
    • Premium Supporter

bribbon MP Donator

Ratings:
    +106 / 0
    Home Country:
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Show System Specs
    I do not want to rush ahead and therefore ask again: should I upload new Logos the old way (LogoMapping.xml) or with the new website? I have a major update of the switzerland package.

additional information:
    The outside knew of my logos is 200x200p. The logo itself has 190x190p

6. offbyone
    • Team MediaPortal

offbyone Development Group

Ratings:
    +3,303 / 3
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    To make it clear:
    The current online logo DB will be cleared again. If you want to add an logo now, you are free to do so -> the current state is so we can test everything, find bugs and missing features or wrong implementations/database models.
    It is also not supposed to be full done and working, I published the current Work In Progress state.

If you want your logos to work right now, you should still update the LogoMapping.xml and according logos. The importer into the new DB will be run once for all mapping xmls when we are finished.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. bribbon
    • Premium Supporter

bribbon MP Donator

Ratings:
    +106 / 0
    Home Country:
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Show System Specs
    Thank you for this clarification.

Ok then I will do it with the xml-one.
    The website is already quite advanced. (y)[DOUBLEPOST=1403693550][/DOUBLEPOST]when I see something on the website, should I post here? it might extensive (long) analyzes are to explain my thoughts. or better in a chat? I would have just good time.

my shortcoming: Unfortunately, my english is not the hit

Last edited: June 25, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  8. mbuzina
    • Premium Supporter

mbuzina Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +723 / 4
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    SVG has linear & radial gradients. Will have gradient meshes (& maybe diffusion curves) in Version 2 (whenever that comes along).

9. bribbon
    • Premium Supporter

bribbon MP Donator

Ratings:
    +106 / 0
    Home Country:
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Show System Specs
    1. I try the TV logo: SRF 1 to add as a new logo (see attached picture).
    2. the web server answers me: "Channel 'SRF 1' already exists!".
    3. SRF 1 is online available as Radio channel (still same name for TV/Radio channel)
    4. it looks like the webserver does not take into account the Type-Tag: Radio / TV.

second question:
    if I succeed this logo capture online, how it looks with the region-Tag? DE or DE; CH or CH?

Attached Files:

Last edited: June 25, 2014
  10. bribbon
    • Premium Supporter

bribbon MP Donator

Ratings:
    +106 / 0
    Home Country:
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Show System Specs
    the topic has already been addressed:
    Region's | Provider | Network-ID (DVB standard)

I have looked at the assignments for the Aliases/Names. As far as I can see the "Aliases" are associated only with the tag "Name". If anyone in 4 years wants to remove an old alises how to keep the survey (which is valid / what outdatet)? However, if you had the opportunity to choose from the provider, this link with the Aliases-Tag .. would that be better?
    1. Regions (ex. CH)
    2. Land (ex. Switzerland)
    3. Provider (ex. UPC Cablecom) -> ID for database should be the Tag: Network-ID (N-ID) form DVB-standard. A unique number of every Broadcaster.. (for UPC Cablecom it would be: "43020")

this would result in two further improvements:
    - each of the logos administered, the provider is written with the same name (literally)
    example: "Kabel BW" or "KabelBW" and so on..
    - easier management of "Aliases" (particularly because several people working on it)

+ if this plugin is running, a small venture is to manage the frequency lists for the TV server here.
    whose construction is based on: Land.Provider (NID xxxxx).xml (ex. Switzerland.UPC Cablecom (NID 43020).xml)

sorry if I pick up on old discussions here. when I read through the thread ask in relation to this, I can find no exact answer. except that offbyone inquired several times so that he can make his job..
    :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

• scanning.PNG
      scanning.PNG
      File size:
      5.6 KB
      Uploaded:
      June 25, 2014
      Views:
  11. mm1352000
    • Team MediaPortal

mm1352000 Development Group

Ratings:
    +8,205 / 17
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Please don't use the DVB network ID. I think it would be a huge mistake if you want a really good design.
    Network ID does not exist for ATSC (American standard) or analog or IPTV/internet streams => how would you support those channels/broadcasters?
    Also, how would you deal with the many many channels on satellite which are "stand-alone"? Having many providers with one channel each doesn't seem very scalable to me.
    Finally I'd say to you that network ID is meant to be invisible/unknown to users. The way cable providers use it in parts of Europe as you seem to be familiar with is not good.

• Agree Agree x 3

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!