[Approved] IMDB.com (default info grabber) (1 Viewer)

s7oneyuk

Portal Member
December 20, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I also think that the year in brackets that people have suffixed in the title gets dropped prior to handing the search off to the scripts - Gamejester can you confirm?

gamejester

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2007
    Home Country
    Confirmed.

Currently this year information is not used in ANY of the searches as it is disguarded by the core function FIND.

What happens is the fileName is stripped of its extention and stored in strMovie
    This is then passed into the function GetSearchString which removes the (year) and other things and is stored in strSearch. strSearch then has all web illegal chars removed and it is this variable which is passed to the various search engines.

Now what I could do, if people think it is worth it and a lot of people store their movies named like:

\my Movie (2003).avi

(which I am doing more and more now)

is have a look at the GetSearchString function and alter it or add a new function before it which gets the year if present at the end of the file in format (nnnn).xxx and store that the currentmovie.year field before a search has taken place.

i could then create an overload function to IIMDBScriptGrabber.FindFilm in this format

FindFilm (string title, string year, int limit, ArrayList elements)

Then people can choose whether to update the cssripts to use the extra info to refine the search.

I think this sounds like a good idea and should make movie matching more accurate for those of us who add this info to the file name.

s7oneyuk

Portal Member
    December 20, 2007
    Home Country
    yep - thats sounds like a good plan. get on with it and let us know when its ready!!

thanks

gamejester

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2007
    Home Country
    That actually turned out to be pretty easy.
    Could not use overloaded functions as these are not suppored when shelling out into the csscripts, so have just updated the existing one.
    Downside of that is that all scripts will need to be updated to include the extra year field.
    If as part of this release we replace all the cscripts with a new fixed up version that includes the new year search param then that is no problem.

Are people using any of the other scripts (maybe the foreign language ones), do any of the other scripts need enhancing for year search? or are we just going to stick with the moviexml and hte new IMDB one?

v2 uploaded here
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ere-48/movies-enhanced-cover-retrieval-43405/

I have also updated all the existing csscripts to use the new method and moviexml will now make use of the new year field in the search - not enhanced the rest to make use of the year field, someone else can do that ;-)

gamejester

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2007
    Home Country
    v3 of the core engine for Movies is now released

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/general-development-no-feature-request-here-48/movies-enhanced-cover-retrieval-43405/

This now has all the features implemented.
    Cover searching is now abstracted from description info and is fully integrated into both the setup app and the MP GUI. This is user configurable, so you can choose the order that best suits you. There is now no need to have a cover retival section within the csscript that grabs the movie details, I have left it in there for now, but it should be released................what do people think, shall I pull the cover search section from each of the cscripts? They should all also be enhanced to make use of the new year field that is passed to refine the search.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hey Guys I tried V3 with the exact matches script and from 57 Movies it could not find exact matches 15 of them.

See picture attached.

the following movies were inaccurate:

Aladdin (1992) did not return: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103639/

Attachments

• IMDB Conflicts.jpg
      IMDB Conflicts.jpg
      38.1 KB

gamejester

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2007
    Home Country
    The IMDB script has not been updated yet to take advantage of the new date passing, you need to use the movies-xml script included in the v3 download. Give that one a go and see how many matches/wrong info you get, I bet it will be a lot better ;-)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks Gamesjester, I will try that now. Will fix up some of the Ratings on Movies-XML for my movies.

One thing with your My Videos GUI...you might want to add the anchor properties to controls so the GUI doesnt get messed up when resized.

I really like now how you can just get back the Posters for the scrapers you choose

EDIT: Just tried Movies-XML add the only matches it could not find out of 57 were these two:

E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial (1982) (Manual Search will find nothing)
    The Polar Express (2004) (Movies-XML has two entries for this, one is a video game)

Can you filter out Video Games?

Cheers,
    Damien

gamejester

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2007
    Home Country
    add the anchor properties to controls so the GUI doesnt get messed up when resized

Will do, was rushing out the main features for test first to get some positive feedback, will get to prettying it up now it is all working (apart from the other bug reported over in th thread!). Will add it to the list, thanks.

Will take a look at the script and try to filter out video games, assume they are tagged differently, if so it will be no problem to drop them from a search; i will use The Polar Express (2004) as an exampe.

So are you saying out of your entire movei collection use the _fuzzy logic auto match my movies it managed to all but two back and they where all correct!! And one of the two was available as a manual select?

E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial (1982) - this movie is named wrong on movie-xml site, it is named as
    E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial (1982)
    the search api for movies-xml is not as forgiving as somthing like google or the IMDB one, that is why there are no matches, when it returns nothing is you just type E.T. in the manual search field and hit Enter, it will find it.

If so that is pretty good.....................we are getting there.

gamejester

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2007
    Home Country
    V4 has been uploaded which fixes the GUI mess with proper anchoring.

There is no way on movie-xml when you do a movie search from the name to determine between movie or video game on the returned XML.

This is all we get

- <Item>
    <SeriesName>The Polar Express</SeriesName>
    <id>365141</id>
    <SeriesID>tt0338348</SeriesID>
    <Yearmade>2004</Yearmade>
    <hits>104</hits>
    <MatchValue>17.184686660767</MatchValue>
    <SortName>Polar Express, The</SortName>
    </Item>
    - <Item>
    <SeriesName>The Polar Express</SeriesName>
    <id>377144</id>
    <SeriesID>tt0433622</SeriesID>
    <Yearmade>2004</Yearmade>
    <hits>14</hits>
    <MatchValue>17.184686660767</MatchValue>
    <SortName>Polar Express, The</SortName>
    </Item>

Options?

1. Ask for an enhancement to movie-xml to pass back an identifier for M or V in the returned XML.
    2. If you get more than one exact match then do a look up on IMDB using the tt number and check for V or M

Option 2 would not be possible in the csscript so would need another core change and might be a bit messy so I vote for option 1. If you can make a request for this over at the meedio movie-xml forum that would be great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom