Imon LCD Display (e.g. Silverstone GD01) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeDalton

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 27, 2004
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Dunno... I haven't touched it in ages:oops:

I don't own an MCE display myself so I couldn't really test it.
    I gave up after spending almost 300 hours of my free time on it.

MP's internals need to change to really support these kind of displays. But... we are working on that. That is why I'm not actively working on both plugins anymore. First things first...

Joe

thanatos

Portal Member
    April 12, 2007
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Some good news

As I said before, it is not winamp that operates the display. It is the imon software that sees winamp running and reads its status. I know winamp has support for this but I don't know the details.

MCE is a bit different. MCE uses a COM+ interface to talk to. I guess the iMon software implements this interface, so it can send MCE's messages to the display.

I have already done something similar for MP. The result can be found here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mce_compatible_display_plugin_update_available-t2860.html. Unfortunately MP works totally different internally than MCE, so this way is really hard to implement right now.

Joe

Guys, I've just tested Joe's above mentioned "MCE interface" - it works! :D
    Now my LCD display at least shows some information with MP - also some of the little icons, placed around the central grafical area are working!

Joe rulez! ;)

There are not many details displayed yet, but at least something now!
    I've used the RC2 version of the Plugin, simply copied it to the MP folder (like Joe said) and activated it in the MP Setup.
    In my case, I also put Imon / Frontview to "Auto Mode".

I've made some "screenshots" - find them attached to this posting.

Joe, do you think it is possible to make your Plugin display more informations somehow?

I, from my side, would give you any support i can.

Keep the good work up!!! :)

Johan

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    This was VERY good news! I am in Stockholm and will not be home until tuesday evening to try it out!

Thanatos, I will receive a Zalman CNPS7000B-Cu LED since I had problems with the late delivery of the case :) That's good since I most likely must replace all fans/coolers to silent ones when I build my system.

mpfrank

Portal Pro
    November 6, 2006
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Guys,

I installed the plugin (RC2 version) too...and it works!! Now I can configure the iMon software to auto mode. When starting MP the display switches to MP output and when playing music with MP it shows first the title information and then switches to the graphic eq display. When changing to the next track the display shows again the title information for some seconds and then switches to eq output.
    Same when using live TV... First the channel info is displayed then eq. The swithing to eq mode when watching tv sometimes takes more time or don't work at all. Don't know why.
    When watching DVD or movie the eq output will not start.

The displayed channel number is useless for MP. Shows CH1 all the time. May be it could be repaced with the channel name, because the channel name is not displayed, only the title information.

Amazing!!!!! Great work!! This is the way I like to use the display :)

It would be great if development of this plugin will continue!! Good idea to emulate MCE output within MP because most external apps will support MCE but NOT MP.

Cheers
    mpFrank

Johan

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have made some testings now and it actually works! :)
    I am happy now!

It is of course not perfect but that JoeDalton allready informed us about.
    Is it possible to get "MCE compatible displays" as a display type in the normal "External display plugin" in the future? That would be a great improvement I guess. It would make almost all HTPC displays sold today to work since most of them are MCE compatible.

JoeDalton, I understand if you don't have the time now. This is just to know if it is possible and if you will put it on you Todo list.

JoeDalton

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 27, 2004
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    MCE communicates with displays in a very strict way. In my ExternalDisplay plugin I can compose the text myself and send it to the display. MCE just sends the data to the display driver: mode (music, tv, movie, ...), artist, trackname, duration and stuff like that.
    The display driver itself decides what data to display and how. Some display drivers are very picky on what data should be available and how it should look like.

All this makes MCE compatible display less configurable and more difficult to work with. Some data that the drivers expect is not even available in MP to start with.

So I fear I will not be able to combine the 2 plugins into 1. Future will tell...

Joe

Johan

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Soundgraph people are "considering" to release the API. Nothing decided yet. I really hope they consider well and release the API. At least a forum moderator is trying to help.

I assume you are not interested in taking up any new development of the MCE compatible plugin since you are working hard with "normal" display project. Maybe someone else with programming skills are?
    If someone is willing to do so, are you able to provide the latest source and assist?

JoeDalton

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 27, 2004
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    If the API is released then I can add support for iMon LCD displays in the ExternalDisplay plugin.

I don't have any plans extending the MCE compatible display plugin until we have published the internal changes that MP needs for that.

If anyone else wants to have a try extending that plugin I will gladly offer the sources and any info that he needs...

Joe

superflip

Portal Member
    April 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    i also tested the plugin, works really fine!
    I've only one strange problem with it - when i stop music, video (all things with sounds) there is a really nasty sound (sometimes only for one second, sometimes till playing other sound) ... when I turn the plugin off, also the sounds after stopping are off.
    Anyone an idea what's the problem? - Had anyone same expierience?

Phil

thanatos

Portal Member
    April 12, 2007
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi superflip,

sorry for the late answer.
    I'm also sorry that I cant help you because I'm not experiencing the problem you described.
    Maybe update the soundcard driver?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom