Imon LCD Display (e.g. Silverstone GD01) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpfrank

Portal Pro
November 6, 2006
Cologne
Home Country
Germany Germany
superflip

I've only one strange problem with it - when i stop music, video (all things with sounds) there is a really nasty sound (sometimes only for one second, sometimes till playing other sound) ...

similar problem in my configuration. when stopping live tv (streamed from tve3) sometimes when stopping video or music. Sounds like a stucking cd. Very strange. But in my case it only for some seconds then it stops again until I stop next audio output (TV, Video, Music) then again for some seconds.

I use the onboard soundcard (ASUS P5W DH Deluxe, Realtek ALC882M 8-channel high definition audio) connected trough SPDIF/optical to my amplifier.

I tested the Asus driver for Vista 32bit and the Realtek driver for Vista 32bit. Same behaviour, but the driver are very similar.

I like this plugin too much to keep it disabled because of this "bug". But if there would be a solution I'll be the happiest user of this plugin :)

Cheers
mpFrank

superflip

Portal Member
April 24, 2007
Home Country
Austria Austria
My board is an ASUS P5B-Deluxe with onboard ADI® AD1988B 8-channel HD audio chipset.

This week I will try new audio drivers ...

Phil

WaiKe

Portal Member
May 8, 2007
I'm thinking of getting the GD01 also.
But with all the issues that the display is not working well with media portal, I'm thinking of going something else. Any suggestions?

Would like a LCD/VFD display that can display just like the XBMC.

lulsam

Portal Pro
December 28, 2006
Home Country
Spain Spain
mpfrank
similar problem in my configuration. when stopping live tv (streamed from tve3) sometimes when stopping video or music. Sounds like a stucking cd. Very strange. But in my case it only for some seconds then it stops again until I stop next audio output (TV, Video, Music) then again for some seconds.

I use the onboard soundcard (ASUS P5W DH Deluxe, Realtek ALC882M 8-channel high definition audio) connected trough SPDIF/optical to my amplifier.

I tested the Asus driver for Vista 32bit and the Realtek driver for Vista 32bit. Same behaviour, but the driver are very similar.
This seems to be more an audio driver issue than an lcd display one. I have a Gigabyte board with similar audio chipset than yours although using XP. Currently considering to migrate the case to Silverstone GD01 or Zalman HD160

superflip
My board is an ASUS P5B-Deluxe with onboard ADI® AD1988B 8-channel HD audio chipset.

This week I will try new audio drivers ...

Any advance with your tests?

Best regards

hirscho

Portal Pro
December 24, 2006
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi all

I am really getting disappointed about the missing API from SoundGraph. I mean it can not be such a big issue and they have already released one for the old VFD one year ago. In order to get support from another side I also wrote to Silverstone and made clear that at the moment all potential buyers, who would like to use MP, will not select a Silverstone case because of the missing LCD support. I hope they will support our request for an API at soundgraph.

hirscho

mpfrank

Portal Pro
November 6, 2006
Cologne
Home Country
Germany Germany
@lulsam

@mpfrank This seems to be more an audio driver issue than an lcd display one. I have a Gigabyte board with similar audio chipset than yours although using XP. Currently considering to migrate the case to Silverstone GD01 or Zalman HD160

Best regards

May be it has something to do with the audio driver but when disabling the display plugin there is no soundproblem any more. I tested different audio drivers but all with the same result.

Looking forward to the results of Superflip too....

Cheers
mpFrank

ralphy

Portal Pro
June 15, 2007
Home Country
Partial API for iMON OEM LCD / Silverstone GD01-MXR

Hi all

I am really getting disappointed about the missing API from SoundGraph. I mean it can not be such a big issue and they have already released one for the old VFD one year ago. In order to get support from another side I also wrote to Silverstone and made clear that at the moment all potential buyers, who would like to use MP, will not select a Silverstone case because of the missing LCD support. I hope they will support our request for an API at soundgraph.

hirscho

If the API is released then I can add support for iMon LCD displays in the ExternalDisplay plugin.

=Joe

Please see this post for details on an API for this display https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/silverstone_gd01_mx_imon_oem_lcd_limited-t24548.html?p=157728

thanatos

Portal Member
April 12, 2007
Munich
Home Country
Germany Germany
I'm impressed!

Hey ralphy,

great work man! :D
I already downloaded your API - hopefully I find the time to give it a go this evening.

I also had a look at your project site - sounds like you put a lot of time into this!
Maybe (and hopefully) Joe is able now to support the display with his display plugin.

I will come back as soon I've got some news for you guys.

:D again ralphy!!!!!!

thanatos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom