Imon LCD Display (e.g. Silverstone GD01) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thanatos

Portal Member
April 12, 2007
Munich
Home Country
Germany Germany
Didn't work for me

Hi Guys,

I've tested ralphy's little demo now - better to say, I tried to test it because everytime I tried to start it, it immediately crashed.
I tried to start it on different machines (even ones without any displays connected) but always the same effect.

Therefore I can not say much about it.
Maybe someone else is more lucky then I was.

Sorry ralphy....

thanatos

ralphy

Portal Pro
June 15, 2007
Home Country
I tried to test it because everytime I tried to start it, it immediately crashed.

That's disappointing...

• When you say 'crash', what error messages do you get (if any)?
  • Do you get the form displayed to allow you to enter text for the display and turn on icons?
  • When you ran the program, there should not be any other app's (including iMon) using the display.
  • What firmware is used in your display? (iMon Manager, Options, Version/Update) Mine might be different (it is v0x98)
  • Oh, and you will need .NET 2 installed, and the SG_VFD.dll must be in the same directory as the demo program. (Sorry - that was perhaps an important piece of installation information I omitted)

I'm will be away from home for a few days, so will not have access to my LCD, but I would like to at least get one other person working with the demo.

Charles

June 24, 2007
Home Country
England England
Hi...

I got the demo to work...

o Extract Demo to C:
o In iMon Manager, enable 3rd Party app
o Copy SG_VFD.dll to same folder as demo app
o ran demo app

Other than changing between Graphic Equaliser modes being a little slow, everything lights up on the panel as expected!!!

Cheers,

Charles

thanatos

Portal Member
April 12, 2007
Munich
Home Country
Germany Germany
Confirm - now it works

Ok, now the demo is also working for me...
At the first try I had no SG_VFD.dll in the demo directory.

I tried it with Imon set to "Third party" mode and also completely shut down imon - it worked in both cases.

Thx for your help, ralphy!

thanatos

Johan

Portal Pro
April 19, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
This is very interesting development.
I hope we can get something working for this. The problem is that if you disable imon or activate use 3d party app the remote stops working. :(

ralphy

Portal Pro
June 15, 2007
Home Country
The problem is that if you disable imon or activate use 3d party app the remote stops working. :(

It might be possible to keep iMON Manager running for the remote control only, by using a dummy SG_VFD.dll for iMON (such as the one I used in my sleuthing exercise). This dll would do nothing, other than return 'true' when appropriate.

Mediaportal (or some other app) would then use the real SG_VFD.dll, to control the display.

I've not tested this idea, but, it might work, unless some other section of code in iMON is bypassing SG_VFD to talk to the display.

Of course, this might also mean that the 'third party' app in iMON Manager is left blank.

If only Soundgraph would make life easier and just spell out how the full API and spec's for a plugin.

Johan

Portal Pro
April 19, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Couldn't agree more on that. Why in the hell will they not support their own hardware? I can not come up with one reason for not to release full API and spec. I mean they are not earning money on the software. They are a hardware manufacturer. Or am I wrong?

Crewone

Portal Member
June 30, 2007
I am also waiting for this to work.

I might even have to reinstall VS.NET to play with it myself :)

JoeDalton

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 27, 2004
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I'm closing this thread because the driver is now available in SVN...

Joe

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom