Importer Cannot Fetch Movie Info (1 Viewer)

Isike

Portal Member
December 2, 2010
Home Country
Canada Canada
I tried running the exe a number of times, but it does not fix the problem. The installer skips a number of files and some config XMLs, too. Probably the issue is there. This is why I wanted to uninstall it first and then re-install. I just couldn't find a way to uninstall it.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Rename your movingpictures.db3 database file and restart MovPic config, then reconfigure the basic settings on import path/etc. Try to point to an import path with say 3 movies for a quick test. If everything works fine then, you have (what I suspected before) database corruption on your renamed/old database. If you are an expert you might be able to fix the corruption with a lot of sweat and tears, and if you are not an expert its a lost cause.

So in that case you are better off redoing the entire setup. Unless you find some backup of the movingpictures.db3 database (they are auto-generated when you update) that saves you a lot of time to re-import your collection.

Or you can take this oppertunity to try out new things as well, such as IMDb+ :)

Isike

Portal Member
    December 2, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I took the plunge and re-installed the whole thing. It works fine now and IMDB+ is really nice.
    Just a small issue: how do I make the thumbnail view in Moving Pictures persistent? It always displays the movies in list view initially. I'm using the StreamedMP skin, if that matters.

Thanks.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    You can configure a default view for each category individually, as well as a global one.

More then likely you have some conflicts with that.

DEFAULT = MovPic config -> "GUI Settings" -> "By default show movies in:" = (select the view you want, or use the "Last Used View" option incase you change it and want to always retain that view).

INDIVIDUAL DEFAULT = MovPic config -> "GUI Settings" -> "Define Movie Categories" button -> select a category on the left side -> "Show movies in" = you want to use "Parent View" here or "Last Used View", or if you want to force a specific view you can overrule that here at individual category level.

So in your case either your DEFAULT one is set to "List View", or your categories are set to show movies in "List View".

Many options available, so it can sometimes be a little confusing to find them all :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I have all of my media on a NAS. I guess it might just be a network issue, then.
    I have all of my media on a NAS. I guess it might just be a network issue, then.
    Whenever I go into the back end for Moving Pictures, it almost immediately hangs on the Movie Importer tab. If I want to go into...
    Replies
    Views
    So far I needed to limit the media items to respect the token limit of ChatGPT. Now the complete media items can be used, because the movie list is splitted into chunks of a specified size and responses for each chunk are concentrated into the result list :) private async Task<string> GenerateResponseWithGPT(string searchQuery...
    So far I needed to limit the media items to respect the token limit of ChatGPT. Now the complete media items can be used, because...
    Hi, I'm planning to write a plugin for MediaPortal 2, that supports users to find the right media items with help of AI...
    Replies
    Views
    Thanks again for all the help. I deleted 'BDHandler.dll" from the process folder, and as expected, it no longer appears in the MePo configuration utility. I also downloaded the X86 BDReader plugin that you posted. Renamed the existing files in the MePo folder, and copied the updated files to the MePo folder. For the most part...
    Thanks again for all the help. I deleted 'BDHandler.dll" from the process folder, and as expected, it no longer appears in the...
    I'm not sure that this works on 32-bit, but if I try to play a 4K UHD Blu-ray (Using makeMKV, modified firmware, and AnyDVD HD) the...
    Replies
    Views
    It took a while but loading the three updates and waiting, (I wandered off doing other things), while the Win 7 searched for updates eventually brought about 170 available updates. I picked the latest, largest and Cumulative ones and everything burst into action enough to re-install MediaPortal 1.33 which is running very well. I let...
    It took a while but loading the three updates and waiting, (I wandered off doing other things), while the Win 7 searched for...
    Hi Running MP1 - 1.39 for long while, no issues. 10th April [same time as 2024-KB5037036 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework...
    Replies
    Views
    All sorted now with images attached as above. The problem attaching the images was the dugh brain user as well as the image size being too big
    All sorted now with images attached as above. The problem attaching the images was the dugh brain user as well as the image size...
    I have just updated my mobo and installed Win 10. I then imported all my old settings that were working ok on my old Win 7 system...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom