[Finished] Improvements to Live TV playback rate matching - for testing (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palm_Maniac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2005
    Gießen, Hessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, here is a diagram of all connected via LAN devices. The server runs in 24/7 operation, as the two IP telephones which Serial2LAN adapter FHEM server via Raspi and Timecapsule. All other devices will only operate when they are needed. In the evening watch the TV as running usually only one HTPC.

I have in a Test all disconnected even before the switch to the server and HTPCs. Nevertheless there was pixelation. But the trial was before the extensive work of Owlsroost.

Attachments

• Heimnetz.jpg
      Heimnetz.jpg
      102.7 KB
    Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    That's a fair number of devices.
    Does your network have QoS (eg. for the phone traffic)?

If it were me, I would run a test with the 16 port switch and HTPC-Thomas while all other devices (including the 8 port switch) are disconnected from the switch. You might need to test overnight (while not expecting any phone calls) or find a way to temporarily connect one of the phones without using the 16 port switch.

Palm_Maniac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2005
    Gießen, Hessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, these are some devices. :) Most of it but does not always, and especially not at the same time. The problem is that the HTPC living room is the most use client. I clamp the off for a day, then here is Red Alert announced in the family. :) I'll see what I can do. :)

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    While it may or may not be related have you checked your system logs for errors ? i only ask because i too was having issues with pixelation and/or freezing streams on livetv but only on a specific channel in HD and also on windows 8. Turned out to be a problem with some windows 8 sheduled tasks throwing errors ( not at home to check the exact error at the moment ).

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    HTPC-Wohnzimmer, 192.168.1.14
    Okay. If you need that PC then you could test with that (instead of HTPC-Thomas). In my opinion, for a proper test you should connect it directly to the 16 port switch (with all other devices except the server disconnected).

Please answer my other question too. :)
    Does your network have QoS (eg. for the phone traffic)?

Palm_Maniac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2005
    Gießen, Hessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So the phones, the switch and the router can do it and it is also enabled in the phone. The Fritz box 7490 is a router with PBX function. The IP telephones are registered directly to the router SIP server.

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The issue was along the lines of this
    Metadata staging failed, result={1C852A4D-B800-1F08-ABCD-E4115B8201DD} for container '0x80070490'

To prevent this from happening do the following:
    Go to Control Panel > Type in the search "device installation" > Click on "Change device installation settings"

Click on "No let me choose what to do" > choose the option "Never install driver software from Windows Update" and make sure that "Automatically get the device app and info provided by your device manufacture" is UNCHECKED. < This is the source of the issue
    Restarted and shutdown a couple of times and the error is totally gone.

Also disable the task called "Metadata Refresh" located in Device Setup folder of Task scheduler.

Microsoft apparently changed a domain path in an update which broke things.

Or you can fix the path manually:

The path is for Metdaten: go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=252669&clcid=0x409

Searches on regedit for the following entry: DeviceMetadataServiceURL
    There you change the URL in the following: http://dmd.metaservices.microsoft.com/dms/metadata.svc
    after you have closed the editor is saved the change.
    Now the problem is solved and it will also re-loaded device information.

The other one was

• A fatal alert was generated and sent to the remote endpoint. This may result in termination of the connection. The TLS protocol defined fatal error code is 70. The Windows SChannel error state is 105."
    And the fix for that was

• In Group Policy Editor (run: gpedit.msc), went to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Distributed COM > Application Compatibility and enabled "allow local activation security check exemptions"

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom