[Finished] Improvements to Live TV playback rate matching - for testing (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Not sure which of those exactly fixed the issue as i applied them both at the same time but livetv HD and all has been solid now for the last couple of weeks.

Palm_Maniac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2005
    Gießen, Hessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

Since my last post, I have a lot and intensively tested, tried and wanted to get the pixelation on the ropes. After every change I've observed all 2-3 days.

The Notice of Wizard123 has brought a lot and changed. Unfortunately, the pixelation but not disappeared. Thereupon I took everything nonessential from the network and looked. Pixelation again, but only on certain TV channels, not at all. All I then continue to run until I had my unit Zung control and did so again hung the Raspi the network. I have drangelassen and again looked TV in the evening. After 2 hours on a TV program on the normally always pixelation suddenly nothing occurred !! No more pixelation for further hours. Also available on other stations that were always disturbances, there was suddenly no more.

Due to maintenance work on the server, I had to several times to restart it. In the evening then again TV looked, and no, there they were again. So the next day taken to Raspi from the mains again and looked. Still sporadically since that. Then I have the Raspi again hung from a network and looked at the next evenings. WEG, the pixelation were gone. Absolutely clean TV as I had not been around for a long, long time on all TV programs.

In the following days, I then brought back little by little all the devices to the network and always sat tense before the TV and wait for pixelation. Everything was clean. :D That was all tested on the client in the living room and watched.

When I then looked at my client a little more intense TV, I realized that there still appeared the pixelation sporadically on the respective TV channels. Huh ??? Why that? Ironically, at the client, which depends directly on the same network switch as the server. The client in the living room was absolutely error free and my not?

A week ago, approximately, I then times completely reinstalled my HTPC clients. On these, I then only implemented the last note of Wizard123, and the latest version installed by TSReader. And what to say after 1 week watching? The pixelation are gone !!!!! : D Also on my clients they are finally history !!!! A huge stone is me because finally fallen from the heart. Madness ... :D

One small thing but it still. On the TV stations, on which previously appeared sporadic pixelation, it occasionally comes after the direct switch to the relevant programs within 1 minute to still images in a length of 2-15 seconds. The stream makes then exactly continue where it has stopped. But that does not always happen. In very, very rare cases, also occurs in the middle of a TV show. In the server logs you can see to anything that works absolutely clean. This trailer I've also observed only in the client in the living room, not on my after reinstalling Windows. I'm going to actually even put new and watch, and then at once requires npch Report Logs with me.

In summary, I would like to express my joy that finally it is over again. At last I can write the sentence I wanted to write after all the help for months:

It's done, the errors are GONE !!! :D :D

Many thanks to the intensive use of Owlsroost and the new version of the TSReader and TSWriter, without which it would never become anything. And many thanks to all the others who having introduced their helpful tips. On balance it was the sum of all who have finally banished the sporadic pixelation.

Although I do not understand why it's suddenly right, but that's my only once regardless. :)

Once again many thanks. :D

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    hey @Owlsroost :
    news on your branch + MM work ?

It exists ;)

(Only thing I've done to it since creating the merged branch is to port the latest TsReader 'multi-file reader' code across into the StreamingServer dll code - as the commit commit suggests, this is a 'work in progress' but it does appear to work OK).

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    (Only thing I've done to it since creating the merged branch is to port the latest TsReader 'multi-file reader' code across into the StreamingServer dll code - as the commit commit suggests, this is a 'work in progress' but it does appear to work OK).
    i can build my own filter ?
    i don't doing it before, because i know you reply : "@azzuro, you test an unstable bin, not stable for test, it's why it don't work ... " :p

But thank you for your work (y)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom