[Finished] Improvements to Live TV playback rate matching - for testing (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @Owlsroost

is there any code which is ready for merging?

I'm still doing a bit of work to optimise my recent changes to StreamingServer (so expect a new binary today/tomorrow).

I think the new TsReader code is well proven now, so I'd be happy to put that forward for an MP pre-release. The same situation for TsWriter.

The new LIve555 code (from mm's branch) seems to be working fine, but I'd like an OK/approval from @mm1352000 before putting that forward - any thoughts mm ?

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    using it over the weekend, none bad effect appear during tv watching.
    the effect from live555 upgrade is gone now.
    i can see few time : 1 channel zap on 10. the last picture from the previous channel after zapping.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    in test sicne yesterday. seems work perfectly
    none freeze
    none slowdown
    the zapping delay is correct for me. same as before

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just exchanged the files on my 1.14 setup and changed setings from using UNC to RTSP.

I can't yet say much about the ocasional short pauses that I have been experiencing in the past, however, the time to change channels is quite long: ~8 sec for encrypted to encrypted and ~5 sec for FTA to FTA (all on different transponders). I have no feeling for what would be normal but I recall that UNC was always giving me much quicker channel changes than RTSP.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for the testing :)
    My pleasure.

Actually I have been struggling with occasional TV interruptions while using UNC. The system behaves as if someone was pressing Pause: TV stops for a short time and then continues without losses in sound. This can be very short or may last several seconds. I never had the time to systematically analyze this. Now I am curious if your latest files under RTSP are improving things.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom