[Finished] Improvements to Live TV playback rate matching - for testing (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palm_Maniac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2005
    Gießen, Hessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I have now converted my two clients and the server to MP2. Not wanting to again have the same problems as before the new TSReader and TSWriter versions, I have replaced the two files in the server and on the client. The new TSWriter runs, but once I start Live TV I can still hear the sound, and then the image comes, crashes MP2. Although The mitgeliferten Version everything works, but I have again the pixelation and short stills, as before the new versions. :(

I would like to stay with MP2, so I wanted to inquire whether it would be possible to adapt the latest version of TSReader to MP2. Unfortunately, the new version of TSWriter is not enough to trigger the problem. :(

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I will check the version for MP2. Which files did you try exactly?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I would like to stay with MP2, so I wanted to inquire whether it would be possible to adapt the latest version of TSReader to MP2. Unfortunately, the new version of TSWriter is not enough to trigger the problem.
    The TsReader interface had changed in mean time, so I needed to extend it first. Please try the attached VideoPlayers patch (put it into MP2-Client\Plugins\VideoPlayers). The 2nd one is for SlimTv (put it into MP2-Client\Plugins\SlimTV.Client) Then it should work with the TsReader version from this thread, but no longer with the old one.

Please also test concurrent playback of 2 .ts files!

Attachments

• MP2_VideoPlayers_TsReaderUpdate.7z
      51.1 KB
    • MP2_SlimTv.Client_TsReaderUpdate.7z
      40.5 KB
    Last edited:

Palm_Maniac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2005
    Gießen, Hessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

Thanks for the quick response and the Easter gift. :). I have everything installed and tested immediately. MP2 now no longer crashes. TS files can be played perfectly, but not live TV.

When I launch live TV, I see the server that the channel is selected and starts but disconnects immediately afterwards. According to the "?", I can see that the client, there was a playback error. The resource stream6.0 was not found. I hope this brings you further.

Last edited:

Palm_Maniac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2005
    Gießen, Hessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Many, many thanks @morpheus_xx, that was it. Now Live TV runs absolutely perfect as in MP1. : D Can you tell when these changes are an integral part of MP2 already? Then no longer needs to manually copy the files you when an update appears.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Owlsroost are there any concerns to include the latest tsreader into the Spring'16 release for MP2?

I tried this
    [2016-03-28 11:58:40,230] [220cbf48] [162c] - ------------- v4.1.0.15 ------------- instanceCount:2
    and it works .

The current one is quite old (that's why the interface was no longer compatible):
    [2016-03-28 10:14:20,227] [19d40048-1] [2248] - ------------- v3.0.83.1 ------------- instanceCount:1

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I've been running for a while versions of the client and TV-server binaries based on a merge of my code with with the latest 'RTSP streaming library update' code from mm1352000 (as discussed in this thread - https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/rtsp-streaming-library-update.132521/ ).

This seems to be working well, so I've updated the first post in the thread with a new set of binaries. For the best performance/compatibility I recommend that both the client and TV-server binaries are installed.

I have not done any testing with MP2, but TsReader.ax should be compatible with a 'patched' MP2 client - see this post for MP2 patches: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ching-for-testing.130394/page-26#post-1179782 . Note that the TV-server binaries are based on/compatible with the TVE3.

@Owlsroost are there any concerns to include the latest tsreader into the Spring'16 release for MP2?

I tried this
    [2016-03-28 11:58:40,230] [220cbf48] [162c] - ------------- v4.1.0.15 ------------- instanceCount:2
    and it works .

The current one is quite old (that's why the interface was no longer compatible):
    [2016-03-28 10:14:20,227] [19d40048-1] [2248] - ------------- v3.0.83.1 ------------- instanceCount:1

Hi Morpheus - That's fine with me, but you might want to think about using the latest versions (including mm1352000's RTSP library upgrade code) - the merged code is here https://github.com/MediaPortal/MediaPortal-1/tree/EXP-Upgrade_555_MM_Owlsroost . This is now my main development branch.

The major change to TSReader after 4.1.0.15 is merging in the RTSP upgrade - other changes are very small.

It's your choice really :)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom