[Finished] Improvements to Live TV playback rate matching - for testing (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    One thing I have recognised that when you use AudioRenderChanger it will interfear with the update - as soon I have it active the dll) all audiodevicesettings are set to the last one in my list (Realtek Digital ...) and this for all settings (TV / Video / Music). When I remove the dll it works.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/audio-renderer-changer.82336/

Sorry, I don't understand what you are saying - which .dll are you talking about ?

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    The one for audiorenderchanger attached in the zip. It is clearly a incompatibilty with this plugin so probalby nothing to worry about. When I use Audiorenderchanger and your update together the soundsetting for all medai (TV Video, ...) is set to the last one listed in the devicelist.

propergol

Portal Member
    November 14, 2015
    near Cognac
    Home Country
    France France
    Sorry if the question sounds stupid to you but I can't figure if I can get any improvement using TsWriter.ax from this thread rather than the one bundled in MediaPortal_Setup_1.13.0_PreRelease.exe.
    My frontend client is Kodi Jarvis.
    Thnaks for your help.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Sorry if the question sounds stupid to you but I can't figure if I can get any improvement using TsWriter.ax from this thread rather than the one bundled in MediaPortal_Setup_1.13.0_PreRelease.exe.
    My frontend client is Kodi Jarvis.
    Thnaks for your help.

That's actually good, because it means it' still compatible with whatever Kodi uses to read the timeshift files (I don't use Kodi, so compatibility is not tested by me).

The changes in TsWriter.ax are mostly to support/fix issues when MP Client 'TsReader.ax' reads the timeshift files via Windows native SMB client. The threaded async timeshift file writing should be transparent to anything that reads the files directly.

propergol

Portal Member
    November 14, 2015
    near Cognac
    Home Country
    France France
    Thanks a lot.
    In fact my Kodi's client read timeshift through Windows SMB share on the server ex : \\myserver\midiaportaltimeshift , but I guess this is the Kodi's plugin that read and not TsReader.ax
    Anyway I did just tested MediaPortal_Setup_1.13.0_PreRelease.exe server setup + your TsWriter.ax and Kodi Jarvis latest nightly+MediaPortal PVR Client 1.11.9 and everything seems to work.

w8andc

Portal Member
    October 23, 2005
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hello

Is the code from TsReader 4.1.0.15 and TsWriter 3.1.31.6 merged into the master code for MP 1.14 pre?

I doubt it.

At the moment I have MP 1.14 pre in use.
    Using the default TsReader and TsWriter from MP 1.14 pre I have exact the issue when life TV playback is pausing briefly at some intervals. Changing different settings within MP or in network, firewall, security software doesn't resolve this problem.
    Using the alternative TsReader 4.1.0.15 and TsWriter 3.1.31.6 live TV is very smooth!

Last edited:

w8andc

Portal Member
    October 23, 2005
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    That's what I thought.
    Why? Compatibility problem?

Do I miss much functionality by using the alternative TSreader and TsWriter comparing to the newer (?) MP 1.14 files?

Palm_Maniac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2005
    Gießen, Hessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Owlsroost,

the new version of TSReader and TSWriter already run with MP2? I plan in the next 2 weeks the transition from MP1 to MP2 and would not like to fight again with the problems that I had before the new versions. :) Can I just exchange the files in MP2?

At the very beginning has at least one is not working in MP2 in the tests with a new version of TSReader. MP2 crashed. After that I never tried again.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Do I miss much functionality by using the alternative TSreader and TsWriter comparing to the newer (?) MP 1.14 files?

The code of the 'standard' TsReader and TsWriter in MP1 haven't changed for at least a year. They get re-compiled every time a new build is released, so the file dates get updated, but they are not 'newer' code.

Hi Owlsroost,

the new version of TSReader and TSWriter already run with MP2? I plan in the next 2 weeks the transition from MP1 to MP2 and would not like to fight again with the problems that I had before the new versions. :) Can I just exchange the files in MP2?

At the very beginning has at least one is not working in MP2 in the tests with a new version of TSReader. MP2 crashed. After that I never tried again.

I don't know - I've never tested them with MP2.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom