[Finished] Improvements to Live TV playback rate matching - for testing (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lodale

Portal Pro
April 9, 2009
Home Country
Norway Norway
Hi
When i replace the TSwriter.ax on my dedicated server, I get the unable to start graph on my clients. I can also see that the clients are not logged on NewCS (I am using M***I). I know that the forum does not support this, but just wanted to let Owlsroost know for future referance. Maybe some out there has a solution?

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi
    When i replace the TSwriter.ax on my dedicated server, I get the unable to start graph on my clients. I can also see that the clients are not logged on NewCS (I am using M***I). I know that the forum does not support this, but just wanted to let Owlsroost know for future referance. Maybe some out there has a solution?

Have you got the VC2013 re-distributable package (x86 version) installed on the server ? (as per the instructions in the first post)

I'm actually using the latest TsWriter.ax on an MP 1.6 TV Server installation, so I know it works on older versions of MP as well as MP 1.12/MP 1.11

lodale

Portal Pro
    April 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Oops no i dont have this (must har overseen it), will try to install and give feedback.
    Thanx for fast reply.[DOUBLEPOST=1442667124][/DOUBLEPOST]Hi again, just installed the package. Now its working. :)
    I will have to try it out on my out of home client and sees if its better than the original TSwriter.ax

lodale

Portal Pro
    April 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Question
    do I need the new TSreader on all of my clients, or just the one that I am have some problems with?

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Question
    do I need the new TSreader on all of my clients, or just the one that I am have some problems with?

It's safer to put the new one on all the clients.

Older versions of TsReader will work with the new TsWriter, but there *might* be playback issues for live TV in that situation.

Palm_Maniac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2005
    Gießen, Hessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I finally the new logs, they are available from Monday. For further tests, I installed on Monday an MP client locally on the server and run all night on Sat1 HD. The same station we have also seen in the living room. Both clients took advantage of the latest version of TSReader both clients running on the same tuner and used the same TS files.

During the evening there were just with those tests are not as many pixelation, the most equal in the first 45 minutes. In run 2 hours on this channel I had at any pixelation in the lounge clients an absolutely clean and trouble-free image at the client on the server. At least visually.

In Zip archive "Client_Wohnzimmer & server logs" are the log files of the client from the living room and the server. In the second archive contains the log files of the local test client on the server.

I hope you can reference to the logs seen something, because I'm at my wits end. I have now had almost any hardware in hand and even renewed again. The clients include only MP and Windows with all the necessary drivers and codecs, nothing else. All computers are connected via Gigabit cable, not via WLAN or DLAN. Ichhabe in recent days also noted the emergence of the pixelation even when using RTSP, only in much lower frequency.

What else can I try and do? If anything at possible on TSReader and Writer? Possibly a new switch? The 8 ports are all occupied and anyway I wanted to upgrade to 16, but only later.

Thanks in any case to all other testers and helpers, and especially to Owlsroost for his great job without the trouble-free operation in most broadcasters still not at all be possible again.

PS: The client on the server running with a monitor at 60Hz, while the TV program is reproduced at 50Hz.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    The 'Client_Wohnzimmer & server' TsReader.log looks OK to me - no late render messages, apart from a 4 second 'pause' when probably the network was not available/very busy (were you copying a large file again?):

Code:
    [2015-09-21 22:52:10,027] [27fefc10] [1348] - Demux : Audio to render too late= -4.099 Sec, FileReadLatency: 2449 ms, flushing

There are a few continuity errors when you were using RTSP (afternoon and early evening, probably due to network packet loss), but I think a few errors in 2.5 hours is nothing to worry about:

Code:
    2015-09-21 16:59:07,908] [25de30d8] [ e70] - Video Continuity error... 7 ( prev 5 ), bufferOffset=1692, bufferLength=26320
    [2015-09-21 16:59:08,758] [25de30d8] [ e70] - Video Continuity error... f ( prev 5 ), bufferOffset=940, bufferLength=5264
    [2015-09-21 18:53:57,226] [25de30d8] [ e70] - Video Continuity error... 9 ( prev 6 ), bufferOffset=3572, bufferLength=3948
    [2015-09-21 18:53:57,228] [25de30d8] [ e70] - Audio Continuity error... 0 ( prev 0 ), bufferOffset=564, bufferLength=2632
    [2015-09-21 19:28:55,109] [25de30d8] [ e70] - Video Continuity error... 2 ( prev 5 ), bufferOffset=564, bufferLength=26320

You switched to UNC paths at 19:40, and there are no errors after that time in the log.

The audio system on the 'Test Client' seems to have a problem whenever the AC3 audio channel count changes, but you could probably fix that by enabling mixing in LAV Audio Decoder (to a fixed speaker layout e.g. Stereo or 5.1).

Palm_Maniac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2005
    Gießen, Hessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

Yes, the sound problems on the test client can ignore. I only wanted to make sure that even the local pixelation occur on the server. It was just not the case.

What can I still test? Whence then come the disturbances, which then result in the pixelation? Perhaps I should mention that once they have occurred on a client, I have also sporadically on the other.

I have the day before yesterday a new 16Port Switch ordered to replace the Asus at the hanging of the server and the client. The coming today, and tomorrow it will be installed. If the well does not affect somehow, then I do not go on.

I had hoped to see even something where you can still optimize, because except the whole house Demolish from and back to assemble, then I have tested everything and tried. It is also so that Kodi as a client on the MP server runs correctly while the MP-client show this pixelation. With such a defect image, where can one get more info?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom