1.15.0 Info OSD "Y" Button during TV playback (1 Viewer)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    When i made a backup to my server, TV stutter etc. so HDD I/O is the cause maybe you have something on server that doing something ?

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    I really dont know, when i observe my HDD leds on server i don't see it blinking like mad, i mean it is blinking cause it is writing the timeshift buffer file but other than that i don't see it constantly blinking when i press the Y button.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yep, if it's really the hdd then it should be doing the same without OSD.
    Maybe you are right and it's the bitrate value, TVOSD.xml maybe you can test by removing the value in xml, i'm not a skin guys but it's surely something related to bitrate or something.

Try to remove :

XML:
     <label1>#TV.Record.percent2</label1>
    <label2>#TV.Record.percent3</label2>

and in tvOSDmediainfo.xml

XML:
        <control>
          <description>Bitrate</description>
          <type>label</type>
          <id>1</id>
          <posX>1250</posX>
          <posY>958</posY>
          <label>#Play.Current.TSBitRate</label>
          <width>99</width>
          <height>65</height>
          <align>center</align>
          <font>font12</font>
          <textcolor>black</textcolor>
        </control>
        <control>
          <description>Bitrate</description>
          <type>label</type>
          <id>1</id>
          <posX>1330</posX>
          <posY>958</posY>
          <label>Mbit/s</label>
          <align>center</align>
          <font>font11</font>
          <width>99</width>
          <height>65</height>
          <textcolor>black</textcolor>
        </control>

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Had to remove a bit more <control> fields from tvOSDmediainfo.xml to make whole Mbit/s VALUE disappear but the issue remains the same even without this value.

Untitled.jpg

Screenshot is live TV with the Mbit/s <control> removed from tvOSDmediainfo.xml +label 11 and 12 removed from TVOSD.xml.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    So it is not related, i have no clue for now :( and it happen with others skin :(

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    DefaultWide and Titan for sure, i dont have more skins here on this PC, but i remember i tested Apollo and Pure Vision on my HTPC and they had the same issue.

So maybe it is not skin related.

Let me see, it is not skin related, it is not setup related but it is not reproducible on ur pc and not during recording playback hmmmmm, could it be my TV Card drivers?

My theory is, we just try to hide the Mbit/s from displaying but what if it is still being pulled as info at the background? Since one of the things we all guys have different is our TV Cards i wonder if i should change drivers for it? What if it doesn't report the Mbit/s value properly when the packets arrive to TsWriter.ax? as a result when we try to display the value the issue appears.

I don't know i am not a developer so probably what i think is completely stupid :)

The issue is driving me mad, i dont even use the Y button, like really never in my life, pressed it once to see if Madvr will flash with this OSD and then BAM, now i had to uninstall my TV Server installation, wipe my GoToX positions from my motor and trying to get all that shit together again just to see what could be causing the issue.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I'm like you i want to understand and it can take time to finish to know why, there is a reason :)
    Maybe you can try latency walker or something like that, i think for win10 we need another tool dependency walker maybe i didn't remember exactly the name but it can show if something is wrong :)

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi kotik, watched your screens a bit, Actual FPS: 49,5456 wtf.
    my wild guess is that your display rate isnt correctly switched somehow, so no wonder you get frames dropping.
    untitled-jpg.180302xed.jpg untitled-jpg.180312xed.jpg
    from your log:
    Code:
    2016-06-30 21:35:05,865] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [INFO ] - RefreshRateChanger.AdaptRefreshRate: 'auto refreshrate changer' disabled
    maybe try to enable the mepo rate switch.:sneaky:
    btw. that is why i was asking seb if it should work, tried it and it did his purpose. but the strange things is that you dont get it with recordings only with live tv.
    so long, good luck :)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Also, I wonder if the problem is due to missing EPG:
    [2016-06-30 21:35:15,957] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - UpdateNextEpgProperties: no EPG data, returning

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    hi kotik, watched your screens a bit, Actual FPS: 49,5456 wtf.
    my wild guess is that your display rate isnt correctly switched somehow, so no wonder you get frames dropping.
    View attachment 180315 View attachment 180316
    from your log:
    Code:
    2016-06-30 21:35:05,865] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [INFO ] - RefreshRateChanger.AdaptRefreshRate: 'auto refreshrate changer' disabled
    maybe try to enable the mepo rate switch.:sneaky:
    btw. that is why i was asking seb if it should work, tried it and it did his purpose. but the strange things is that you dont get it with recordings only with live tv.
    so long, good luck :)

Also, I wonder if the problem is due to missing EPG:
    [2016-06-30 21:35:15,957] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - UpdateNextEpgProperties: no EPG data, returning

Good find :)

In latest madVR version, refresh rate from MP is not handled if EVR in use (when madVR is used). But we need to let the option enable in MP config.
    About EPG, this need to be disable on server side ? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom