1.15.0 Info OSD "Y" Button during TV playback (1 Viewer)

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    My render time goes from 1.7 to 3.3 with Y menu open but all ok still and no dropped frames, i would assume it's normal for the render time to increase with the menu open as it's rendering gui overlay and video but i guess how much it increases by would be dependant on hardware ?

You are right but notice that if i open any other menu on my PC render times jump to 1.4ms from 1.2ms, they only jump to 14+ ms with the Y menu.

In any case i give up.

U can set the thread status to No Bug, i am not using the Y menu anyways and since noone else can reproduce the issue i guess it is not a bug and it is something on my setup, which is fine cause i wont be using this menu :)

Thanx for the help and the time guys.

Keep up the good work.
    --- Post updated ---
    EDIT i found the issue.
    Issue appears if the TV Server is installed on a pc that has 2 ethernet controllers.
    When i disable one then the issue dissapears.
    So somehow the Y button info is being confused by the presence of a 2nd active lan on server side.
    All this despite configuring server to use the ip address of my primary lan.

In any case like i saud this is specific to my setup so u can close thread.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    This is amazing info, i can't see why the second LAN can trigger such issue but it happen with UNC and/or RTSP right ? :)
    Maybe you need to change IP address instead of hostname for the link with the server ?

upload_2016-7-2_17-38-19.png

upload_2016-7-2_17-39-17.png

And/or, set the hostname manually in host file ?

For ex on my side :
    C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc in hosts files
    192.168.20.1 Homeserver

So if it's related to the second LAN it's surely that on Y osd info, there is some information that need to be get from the LAN connection.
    So what about the Intel option in BIOS :)

Don't give up :) I would like to know too :p

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Ok then more testing just to win :) i hate loosing from software hahaha
    I am now dropping mysql db and installing it with only 1 lan up.
    My theory:
    Mm might be right that the issue is epg based, where is epg stored? Mysql db, so i wonder what if mp cannot pull out epg data from mysql because 2 lans are present? It is somehow gettings confused.
    It is a complicated issue but i am approaching it with the "remove x factor from the equation" so now i will install mysql with only 1 lan present and add the HOST entry like u suggest @Sebastiii.
    We will see how it goes.
    EDIT: Anyone knows if MP generally is using IP V6 somewhere?
    I am asking cause i usually disable IP V6 and i noticed in tv server ligs that it complains about ip v6.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi :)
    Will help @Kotik we found the root of cause and hopefully for me was able to debug it when my server was on heavy load because of backup at LAN level (not HDD because it serve as gateway).

So the TvOSD code ask a lot of db stuff from server at all rendered frame, by adding a counter, now it does that only all 50 frames and while the heavy load network, no more issue.

It's needed to create a Jira + Branch, for now it's in the madVR one for testing :)

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Thqnx guys for spending time on this one and giving out ideas.
    And a special "thank you" to Sebastiii for troubleshooting whole night:)
    Keep up the good work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom