initial support for Hauppuage HD-PVR (1 Viewer)

ajp8164

Portal Pro
January 9, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hey Guys,

I'm having difficulty getting tv to start. I've attached my logs. I have been reading through recent posts and I've tried the last posted TvService.exe and TvLibrary.dll (together) but I'm still having trouble. The UI presents "Unknown Error" when turning on TV. The TME software is installed and working fine. I do have DVBLink server installed but the service is not running (don't know if that makes a difference here).

I'm using svn 27680.

Any help much appreciated!

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Hey Guys,

I'm having difficulty getting tv to start. I've attached my logs. I have been reading through recent posts and I've tried the last posted TvService.exe and TvLibrary.dll (together) but I'm still having trouble. The UI presents "Unknown Error" when turning on TV. The TME software is installed and working fine. I do have DVBLink server installed but the service is not running (don't know if that makes a difference here).

I'm using svn 27680.

Hey Andy,
    You should probably hold off testing until we get everything worked out and the code is committed to the SVN. The current builds are done on SVN 27564. If you dont want to wait and really want to try it out, you should roll back to version 27564 (its built on VS 2008 instead of VS 2010.) The combination of the lastest posted dll & the 27564 SVN work fine.

Wile E.

ajp8164

Portal Pro
    January 9, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    Home Country
    If there is anything I can do to help speed things up just let me know (though I am no expert on the code changes ;-)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi folks

Just a quick update: the major holdup for me at the moment is that work is hectic (I worked the last two weekends) and I can't get VS2010 installed. The VS is *really* frustrating me because it is holding up work on this and other issues, but I'm hoping I'll be able to figure it out this weekend...

ajp8164

Portal Pro
    January 9, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    Home Country
    Hey Guys,

I'm using svn 27680.

Hey Andy,
    You should probably hold off testing until we get everything worked out and the code is committed to the SVN. The current builds are done on SVN 27564. If you dont want to wait and really want to try it out, you should roll back to version 27564 (its built on VS 2008 instead of VS 2010.) The combination of the lastest posted dll & the 27564 SVN work fine.

Wile E.
    Some feedback... I rolled back to 27564. I built it using VS2010 and applied the last posted TvService.exe and TvLibrary.dll. Works great, no problems so far.

:D

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Hi folks

Just a quick update: the major holdup for me at the moment is that work is hectic (I worked the last two weekends) and I can't get VS2010 installed. The VS is *really* frustrating me because it is holding up work on this and other issues, but I'm hoping I'll be able to figure it out this weekend...

No worries, we're all super busy these days :) Im sure you will figure it out quickly...

Thank you for the update.

I just ordered the Colossus. You have another guinea pig available :D

Cool... I have most of the code written, I am just waiting for mm1352000 to commit his code. From there it should only take a few days.

Are you familar with the build process? Do you use the latest SVN's? The only reason I ask is I will not be able to post a full 1.2 Beta build until it is 'officially' released by the team, which at this point looks like sometime in April? If your running the latest SVN versions I can provide the dll that should magically make the Colossus work :)

elconejito

Portal Pro
    April 28, 2005
    Falls Church, VA
    Home Country
    Hi folks

No worries, we're all super busy these days :) Im sure you will figure it out quickly...

Thank you for the update.

I just ordered the Colossus. You have another guinea pig available :D

Cool... I have most of the code written, I am just waiting for mm1352000 to commit his code. From there it should only take a few days.

Are you familar with the build process? Do you use the latest SVN's? The only reason I ask is I will not be able to post a full 1.2 Beta build until it is 'officially' released by the team, which at this point looks like sometime in April? If your running the latest SVN versions I can provide the dll that should magically make the Colossus work :)

I'm not even sure what version I have running at the moment as I think I set this box up probably about 6months ago and it's been so solid I haven't had to look for updates :D But I have installed and run SVN versions before (pre 1.0 mostly) so I'm comfortable with that. Just let me know (although i think you posted it a few posts back) which SVN you're running and I will follow that. I've never built from source before but I could figure it out with a nudge in the right direction if that would make things easier.

I've debated for a long while getting the HDPVR but when the Colossus came out and you awesome people dove right into it that helped me make up my mind. Many, many thanks to you and to mm1352000 for getting this up & running.:D

ajp8164

Portal Pro
    January 9, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    Home Country
    Hi all,

Okay, been using 27564+posted TvService and TvLibrary today and it's working reasonably well. I have noticed a few things so far:

• After changing channels the video appears to be skipping/dropping frames continuously. If I pause and restart things back to normal. Also, if I skip back things get back to normal as well (then I skip forward to the live point). Seems to be repeatable; happens whenever I change channels.

• While I'm entering channel numbers (in order to change channels) the OSD comes up and the video begins to get choppy; it drops frames and audio while keys are being pressed.

• When I skip forward or back the lag between the button press and the video being repositioned is pretty long (1+ secs). Is this a core problem with skipping or is it related to the hvpvr source?

Setup:
    - HD3200 ATI onboard
    - AMD 5050e
    - 4GB RAM
    - hdpvr driver 1.5.7
    - ArcSoft decoder
    - 1280x720p stream from Directv
    - 9Mbps
    - Constant bit rate
    - AC3 audio

Ya'll may already know this ;) but I thought I'd at least report my experience.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Hi all,

• After changing channels the video appears to be skipping/dropping frames continuously. If I pause and restart things back to normal. Also, if I skip back things get back to normal as well (then I skip forward to the live point). Seems to be repeatable; happens whenever I change channels.

Do you have a SPDIF connection with DD enabled on your receiver/STB? If so, thats probably why...

Hi all,

• While I'm entering channel numbers (in order to change channels) the OSD comes up and the video begins to get choppy; it drops frames and audio while keys are being pressed.

How much memory is dedicated to your video card? Usually built in cards only have 128 or 256 memory, which is barely enough to run the graphics with video playing.

Hi all,

• When I skip forward or back the lag between the button press and the video being repositioned is pretty long (1+ secs). Is this a core problem with skipping or is it related to the hvpvr source?

Not sure what may be the cause of this.

You said earlier that you built the SVN 27564 on VS 2010? Maybe you had some issues with the conversion?

Wile E.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom