initial support for Hauppuage HD-PVR (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Okay, this time... I hope.

Attachments

• HDPVR_fix_patch(v0.5)[SVN_27557].zip
      231 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again WileECoyote

I apologise for no updates over the yesterday - had to work. Truth be told: I've been rather stumped as to why it wasn't working on the second tune. The TsWriter log seemed to show that it wasn't waiting to receive PMT before starting timeshifting, and it has taken me until now to figure out why it was doing that. In any case, I hope I've got it right this time.

BTW: technically you only need to replace the TVLibrary.dll - I haven't made any changes in the TvService.exe since version 0.1 or 0.2.

Attachments

• HDPVR_fix_patch(v0.6)[SVN_27557].zip
      231 KB

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi again WileECoyote

I apologise for no updates over the yesterday - had to work. Truth be told: I've been rather stumped as to why it wasn't working on the second tune. The TsWriter log seemed to show that it wasn't waiting to receive PMT before starting timeshifting, and it has taken me until now to figure out why it was doing that. In any case, I hope I've got it right this time.

BTW: technically you only need to replace the TVLibrary.dll - I haven't made any changes in the TvService.exe since version 0.1 or 0.2.

Hey mm1352000,
    Again, I expected several rounds of testing so no worries :)

Im sorry to say this test is the same. First tune is fine, channel change skips to the second tuner :(

:D

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Well, we're closer... if that is any consolation. We're now waiting for PMT on first tune and channel change so that we know that the stream is being produced by the driver. The resolution of that issue makes it clear that the roadblock now is related to receiving audio/video events on channel change. The logs say that the events are being reset, so either the events are not being fired or they are not picked up. I found one issue that could be the cause of that, but if this version doesn't work then I'm pretty much out of ideas. :(

I'm off to bed as its 4am now - got to get some sleep so I can function at work tomorrow. :D

Attachments

• HDPVR_fix_patch(v0.7)[SVN_27557].zip
      158.2 KB

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Well, we're closer... if that is any consolation. We're now waiting for PMT on first tune and channel change so that we know that the stream is being produced by the driver. The resolution of that issue makes it clear that the roadblock now is related to receiving audio/video events on channel change. The logs say that the events are being reset, so either the events are not being fired or they are not picked up. I found one issue that could be the cause of that, but if this version doesn't work then I'm pretty much out of ideas. :(

I'm off to bed as its 4am now - got to get some sleep so I can function at work tomorrow. :D

That did it!!!! :D

Thank you for all your hard work, it paid off!

Now, since we have your focus... :D If you have a little more time to help us, we have had this other issue for quite some time -> https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...hd-pvr-tv-jitters-after-channel-change-70767/ I was hoping after you made the HD-PVR more 'DVB' compliant it would clear up the issue. But alas, it still persists.

If you do NOT have Dolby Digital enabled on the STB, the channels change fine with no issue. The channel starts fine and audio plays fine. But once you enable Dobly Digital on the STB, it stutters for a minute or so then it plays fine (this is on first start and channel change.)

I have included two zip files to show the difference between the two (DD enabled and turned off.)

Thanks again for all your help!

Attachments

• 20110307 DD Audio Endabled.zip
      55.8 KB
    • 20110307 DD Audio NOT Enabled.zip
      9.4 KB

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    But alas, it still persists.
    Noooo!!! :(

I was hoping the same... Now, on with the Colossus testing! ;)

I'm hoping that mm1352000 genius continues and he is able to help us with the issue...

Now, on with the Colossus testing! ;)

Yep. As soon as I can get my hands on mm1352000 changes, I can start with the Colossus coding.

@mm1352000,
    Im not sure how long it will be before your changes will be commited, but if its going to be a while could you send me the patch files so I can start the Colossus coding (It should be near identical to the HD-PVR.)

Thanks!

sjeffrey

Portal Pro
    August 22, 2008
    Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    @mm1352000,
    Im not sure how long it will be before your changes will be commited, but if its going to be a while could you send me the patch files so I can start the Colossus coding (It should be near identical to the HD-PVR.)

Thanks!

Crap, I didn't pay attention but I thought what mm1352000 was attaching was the patch files. I was hoping to run the patches against the SVN revision he specified.

@mm1352000, +1 on the attach patch files:D

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Crap, I didn't pay attention but I thought what mm1352000 was attaching was the patch files. I was hoping to run the patches against the SVN revision he specified.

@mm1352000, +1 on the attach patch files:D

Sorry, let me qualify. I would like for mm1352000 to provide the c# Visual Stuio patch files (code.) The dll's he has provided will work with the build 27557. Just do the build, install it then replace the TVServer.exe and TVLibrary.dll files.

Sorry for the confusion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom