initial support for Hauppuage HD-PVR (1 Viewer)

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    mm1352000,
    Okay, I found one issue. The recording(s) are showing the same symptoms of the former tuner issue.

I had a recording on History HD start at 3:00pm that took the first tuner (1 hour recording.) There was another episode that was set to record on the same channel at 4:00PM. At 4:00PM it kicked me off the second tuner to start the recording second recording. Normally if the recordings are on the same channel it will use the same tuner?

I have attached the logs...

Thanks!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Good morning folks!

So close, but one more issue... :oops:
    WileECoyote
    First thing I'd like to say is ***thank you*** for your patience!
    I can see the start of the recording in your logs, but shortly after that I see:

Code:
    2011-03-07 15:03:02.702869 [scheduler thread(10)]: Scheduler: stop record HISTORY HD 3/7/2011 1:57:08 PM-3/7/2011 3:00:00 PM MonsterQuest

That's not meant to happen is it?
    Further, every time you change channel in between 3pm and 4pm TV Server says:

Code:
    2011-03-07 15:52:38.058049 [(21)]: Controller:    card:2 type:Analog is not available, tuned to different transponder

Did you check that the recording is complete?

Unfortunately I haven't got time to look at this in more detail right now, and the answers to the questions above are needed first anyway...

Regarding the DD issue: I'd be happy to look, but I'm going to admit right up front that MediaPortal client stuff isn't my strongest. My first suspicions are a codec or driver issue, but I haven't had time to look into the detail. Also, although I mentioned DVB'izing the HDPVR code, I didn't actually complete that because I wanted to get it working properly first. It shouldn't be too hard to do once the recording issue is sorted.

Regarding the Colossus: I'd be happy to post the patch, but I can't do it right now since I'm at work. It was my hope that I could add more general support for capture cards for 1.3, but I've got so much lined up on my list of things to do that I don't know if I'm going to be able to do it all.

I'll be in contact again soon...

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    I can see the start of the recording in your logs, but shortly after that I see:

Code:
    2011-03-07 15:03:02.702869 [scheduler thread(10)]: Scheduler: stop record HISTORY HD 3/7/2011 1:57:08 PM-3/7/2011 3:00:00 PM MonsterQuest

That's not meant to happen is it?

Ooops. I stopped the recording so I could get the second tuner back (Thats why you see it stopped.)

Further, every time you change channel in between 3pm and 4pm TV Server says:

Code:
    2011-03-07 15:52:38.058049 [(21)]: Controller:    card:2 type:Analog is not available, tuned to different transponder

Did you check that the recording is complete?

The recordings have been working fine (and completing), they just jump tuners when they are on the same channel.

When I was changing channels, everything seemed to be working fine. I will see if I can get a cleaner log script for you tonight. I just wanted to capture what happened right then.

Unfortunately I haven't got time to look at this in more detail right now, and the answers to the questions above are needed first anyway...

Regarding the DD issue: I'd be happy to look, but I'm going to admit right up front that MediaPortal client stuff isn't my strongest. My first suspicions are a codec or driver issue, but I haven't had time to look into the detail. Also, although I mentioned DVB'izing the HDPVR code, I didn't actually complete that because I wanted to get it working properly first. It shouldn't be too hard to do once the recording issue is sorted.

Regarding the Colossus: I'd be happy to post the patch, but I can't do it right now since I'm at work. It was my hope that I could add more general support for capture cards for 1.3, but I've got so much lined up on my list of things to do that I don't know if I'm going to be able to do it all.

That sounds good. And again, we appreciate all your help in getting these issues resolved!

Wile E.

P.S. Im sure you dont have time, but if you went through this entire thread you would find SJeffery and I have spent countless hours trying different codec/HD-PVR driver combinations to get the Dolby Digital to work correctly. We have never been able to crack the issue. (SJeffery is also a fellow c# coder.)

sjeffrey

Portal Pro
    August 22, 2008
    Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Crap, I didn't pay attention but I thought what mm1352000 was attaching was the patch files. I was hoping to run the patches against the SVN revision he specified.

@mm1352000, +1 on the attach patch files:D

Sorry, let me qualify. I would like for mm1352000 to provide the c# Visual Stuio patch files (code.) The dll's he has provided will work with the build 27557. Just do the build, install it then replace the TVServer.exe and TVLibrary.dll files.

Sorry for the confusion.

Not confused, that's also what I'm trying to say :oops:
    I guess I meant starting with revision specified and then hopefully follow the trunk.
    :sorry:

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Okay mm1352000,
    I think we're good. I have tried for the past two nights to reproduce the recording 'anomoly', but was unable to. It is working as it should...

When you have time, if you could create the patch I will integrate it into my build and start on the Colossus. I think I see what needs to be done, I just need your good code to start.

Thanks again for all your help!
    Wile E.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    I guess I meant starting with revision specified and then hopefully follow the trunk.

Hey sjeffrey,
    Did you get a Colossus? I have been looking at the changes needed for the colossus and it looks pretty straight forward. Just for fun I modified the latest SVN last night and it was able to recognize the new tuner and I was able to configure it. The code is based mostly off of the HD-PVR, and of course its broken in the latest SVN so it wouldnt tune/record. As soon as I get the patch files from mm1352000 I should be able to quickly (within a few days) punch out a test build.

Wile E.

sjeffrey

Portal Pro
    August 22, 2008
    Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Hey sjeffrey,
    Did you get a Colossus? I have been looking at the changes needed for the colossus and it looks pretty straight forward. Just for fun I modified the latest SVN last night and it was able to recognize the new tuner and I was able to configure it. The code is based mostly off of the HD-PVR, and of course its broken in the latest SVN so it wouldnt tune/record. As soon as I get the patch files from mm1352000 I should be able to quickly (within a few days) punch out a test build.

Wile E.

My wife isn't going to like you. :)
    I haven't bought one yet. I was hoping to see if it worked any better with you first.
    With 2 PVRs, 2 receivers, USB-UIRT, etc, etc. I already dumped a lot of money in this thing.
    Hopefully Collosus is good and it will be my final purchase for this thing.
    At least that is what I will tell my wife. :p

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Colossus Graph & PID's

Well, I have been playing with the Colossus today and created a working graph (see the attached image.) The graph starts and stops a lot faster than the similar HD-PVR graphs.

The Audio PID is 0x1011 and the Video PID is 0x1010.

Wile E.

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    OMG! I cannot believe that this card is on the market. Please let us know when it is working so I can give it a shot. Thanks in advance for all the hard work you are doing to get this working with media portal.

Steve

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Hey mm1352000,
    Any news on the patches or when the fixed HD-PVR code will be commited? I would like to get started on the Colossus so I can sell one of my HD-PVR's (which is what I told the 'significant other' I would do when I purchased the Colossus, and she has been hounding me to 'get it done'.)

Thanks!
    Wile E.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom