initial support for Hauppuage HD-PVR (3 Viewers)

ixian

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Yep the fix is use two channel, no problems. Of course, you could view that as THE problem but we're trying to get it fixed with the MePo team :)

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    -The picture dances on the left and right side. A shift up and down. Only really noticeable during animation.

I found this same issue when I used the ffdshow codec. Using the Cyberlink codec cleared that up for me...

-If I am 100% live on HD PVR, there is a laggy picture. I have to rewind a tiny bit for it to work.

SJeffrey answered this one a few posts back. If you are using DD there are two ways to fix the issue. Turn DD off on your STB, or just use the 2 channel analog audio in.

-Any way to speed up the IRSS+TV3 Changer+Timmmoore firewire channel change?

Unfortunately I use the TV3 Blaster & Directv.exe, dont know anything about firewire channel changing.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Yep the fix is use two channel, no problems. Of course, you could view that as THE problem but we're trying to get it fixed with the MePo team :)

Hey Ixian,
    In the bug report I put it was happening specific to DD being enabled on the HD-PVR. Could you do me a favor and post your experience over there as well? Maybe if more than one person reports the bug (and you can be more specific) they will pay more attention to it?

@Sjeffrey,
    It would probably help if you post your experience as well, and the fix you have in your build to correct the isssue? That may not be the end-all fix, but it may give them a head start...

@Garry,
    Do you have DD working on your system with Directv?

Thanks guys!
    Wile E.

ixian

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Wile,

I'll post over on Mantis as well. Have you tried post-processing with AC3Filter in the TV client? I was thinking about playing around with that since I suspect this is codec related.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Wile,

I'll post over on Mantis as well. Have you tried post-processing with AC3Filter in the TV client? I was thinking about playing around with that since I suspect this is codec related.

Yes, many times :) I have tried post processing with AC3Filter & FFDShow both (not at the same time.) Neither seem to reslove :(

But please feel free to play around with it. You would be our hero if you find a winning combination!

sjeffrey

Portal Pro
    August 22, 2008
    Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I had no succcess as well with AC3 filter. The only thing I know is that it's timeshift related. Playing back a recording has no issues at all.
    It's like the TS hit's the end of the stream. I might try a different patch where we would do 2 things: never stop the timeshift and only start playback after 'x' amount of seconds.
    In theory this would help but I have a feeling that after many channel changes that the playback would once again hit the end of the timeshift.

I'll try and add to your new post to give the devs more info but I might not get the chance to do it right away as I'm in a real crunch with work.

antonehenry

Portal Pro
    June 30, 2008
    Where can I post the issue about the DD? I like using DD. Link me?

Also, this might just be a MyTV thing in general, but it never let's me delete all of my recorded TV. No explination
    2009-09-22 13:22:07.329789 [17]: DeleteRecordingOnDisk: 'D:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\recordings\Heroes\Heroes - 432 KAREDT - 2009-09-21 - 7_00 PM.ts'
    2009-09-22 13:22:07.329789 [17]: - deleting 'D:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\recordings\Heroes\Heroes - 432 KAREDT - 2009-09-21 - 7_00 PM.ts'
    2009-09-22 13:28:32.595414 [PowerEventThread]: TV service PowerEventThread 537
    is all.

I am so stoked that this has been working. I'm in love.

OOOO Question! When using two HD PVR's, do you need two STB's? How does that work? =]

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Where can I post the issue about the DD? I like using DD. Link me?

Also, this might just be a MyTV thing in general, but it never let's me delete all of my recorded TV. No explination
    2009-09-22 13:22:07.329789 [17]: DeleteRecordingOnDisk: 'D:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\recordings\Heroes\Heroes - 432 KAREDT - 2009-09-21 - 7_00 PM.ts'
    2009-09-22 13:22:07.329789 [17]: - deleting 'D:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\recordings\Heroes\Heroes - 432 KAREDT - 2009-09-21 - 7_00 PM.ts'
    is all.

I am so stoked that this has been working. I'm in love.

OOOO Question! When using two HD PVR's, do you need two STB's? How does that work? =]

I started this thread on the Beta 1 Bug forum here -> https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...hd-pvr-tv-jitters-after-channel-change-70767/

@Ixian, you mentioned putting something into Mantis, does that differ from the Bug forum?

As far as the recording goes, are you using comskip? If so then comskip may have the file locked, thus not letting you delete the file.

Yes, when using mulitple HD-PVR's, you will need mulitple STB's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom