initial support for Hauppuage HD-PVR (1 Viewer)

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Okay, I got my Hauppauge CD again in the mail. It is working just dandy with TME. No problem.

Try to use it in MP 1.0.2, no dice. It just does not respond. MediaPortal freezes while it waits for the HD PVR to start showing it picture, and I have to manually disconnect it, stop TV Service or restart. It does not want to start up with MP. I have no clue why. The log just says "2009-09-20 17:27:23.718750 [6]: subch:0 wait for pmt:100" a bunch of times. From what I understand is that it's waiting. Well nothing happens. Why not? =[

In my previous experience, TME should not work with TV Service running. But right now TME is working while TV Service is running.... could that be a clue?

Reinstalling MP yet again....

Which OS & codecs are you using?

antonehenry

Portal Pro
    June 30, 2008
    MPC mpeg 2 video decoder
    ffdshow video decoder
    mpc- mpa decoder filter
    monogram aac decoder
    default directsound device
    none
    none

changed the h.264 video codec to the powerdvd 8 one, nothing still.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    MPC mpeg 2 video decoder
    ffdshow video decoder
    mpc- mpa decoder filter
    monogram aac decoder
    default directsound device
    none
    none

changed the h.264 video codec to the powerdvd 8 one, nothing still.

Okay, next question, how did you load your schedule information? Did you use Schedules Direct? If so, did you select the YRYBYInput 1 under Advanced Options on the TV Server config BEFORE you imported the channels?

antonehenry

Portal Pro
    June 30, 2008
    not before. will delete channels and retry. thanks for a tip.

Wile E, I will kiss you where ever you want me to. Thank you, I love you. It works now.

antonehenry

Portal Pro
    June 30, 2008
    Now that I've got a working setup, there are a couple of tweaks or something I need to make for things to work better.

Issues:
    -The picture dances on the left and right side. A shift up and down. Only really noticeable during animation.
    -If I am 100% live on HD PVR, there is a laggy picture. I have to rewind a tiny bit for it to work.
    -Any way to speed up the IRSS+TV3 Changer+Timmmoore firewire channel change?

Thanks a ton for the help as always.

sjeffrey

Portal Pro
    August 22, 2008
    Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    -If I am 100% live on HD PVR, there is a laggy picture. I have to rewind a tiny bit for it to work.

This would be what WileE is referring to about the "jitter after channel change" issue.
    You can also pause for 1-2 seconds and resume instead of rewinding.
    I don't know about your other 2 issues. I'm not on firewire channel changes and never heard of an issue with picture dancing...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom