(Inofficial) New release major updates - NOW WITH SOURCE CODE :) (2 Viewers)

whufclee

Portal Member
January 22, 2010
Yeah that's the same problem I had - I'm on MP_RC2 (Windows 7 64bit). I couldn't get it to work so I've gone back to the official 3.5 version of myemulators which works fine - using the OGDB scraper for game details but it's taking me a while to do!

drealit

Portal Pro
March 15, 2008
Ugh I wish someone would repick up this torch and run with it. If only I could go back a few years and not focus so much on hardware and graphic design... maybe I'd have come coding experience so I could do it myself. :(

engma27

Portal Member
September 4, 2009
anyone know why when i add a PC game with no emulators the game does not show up in the game database window?

if i use 3.2 version they do.... in unofficial 3.5 they dont ( both clean installs )

shocks

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hey whufclee, i got this unofficial version working with 1.1RC2. I deleted my existing emulators database and started from scratch.

Atreides

Portal Pro
    June 28, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hey guys
    I recently updated to 1.10 rc3 and I can open myemulators but after I select a console and click nothing happens. I have roms to access and they are up on the database. Anyone else run into this problem?

EDIT:I have attached some of the mediaportal log I dont really understand it so if someone does let me know.

Attachments

• emu error.txt
      30.6 KB

Injected

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: (Inofficial) New release major updates - NOW WITH SOURCE CODE :)

BadMrFrosty: do you still support your plugin? :) it would be nice

catch22

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 28, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Is this still being supported. There are a few issues that I think woudl be good to have a look at

- Performance I have 1600+ games and going to/from the Emulators screen is tediously slow.
    - The are work for the system - I can seem to get that to work I tried putting BoxFront.jpg in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\myEmulators\emulators\Mame but they weren't found
    - Also the system of putting the artwork in the \myEmulators\games\*SYSTEMNAME*\*GAMEID directory is not a good idea mainly because its hard to knwo what the GameId is outside of MediaPortal and therefore script downloading of teh arkwork to be put into that folder. It would be better to use the name before the .zip part of the game files. Doing a search online for stargate dos not find anything so maybe the plugin need to be also configured with a mame source of art.

I'm not criticing the plugin I think its great but need a bit of polish to be fantastic and usable by lots of people straight out of the box.

Cheers

BadMrFrosty

Portal Member
    July 9, 2009
    Prague
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    As I dont use MP at all anymore, supporting this plugin is a little low on my priority list. I MAY however try to fix any outstanding bugs and get it working properly with 1.1.0 final when it is released, if I can spare the time.

To do this I will need bug reports (tested with 1.1.0 final when its released) with AS MUCH DETAIL AS POSSIBLE, no one line "it crashes when I do x". The version that is available in this thread works fine for me, I dont get any of the issues I see reported here. This is why I need as much info as possible about the problems people are having, if I cant replicate the problem, I cant fix it.

Cheers

BMF

alperuzi

December 30, 2009
    Home Country
    Turkey Turkey
    I cannot seem to get to add PC games properly from the PC Games section, the database refresh does not pick them up. Therefore I have to add the game's exe file as an emulator with the rom file also being the same exe.

Is this the right way or am I missing something?

Atreides

Portal Pro
    June 28, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    BadMrFrosty
    With MP 1.1.0 final being released I was wondering if you were going to pick this plugin back up for some bug fixes. I am using 1.1.0 RCx (cant remember the exact one) and I would like to update but I know that the unofficial version of myemulators has problems with database transfers from one MP to the next. Are you going to try and fix those bugs as well? If so I would like to volunteer for some testing with the move to MP 1.1.0.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom