(Inofficial) New release major updates - NOW WITH SOURCE CODE :) | Page 9

Discussion in 'My Emulators' started by BadMrFrosty, November 26, 2009.

1. bombus

bombus Portal Pro

No... sob
    Ratings:
    +41 / 0
    Home Country:
    Italy Italy
    is there a bue3wide skin?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Arkadius

Arkadius Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    joz

Thank you for the fast answer. :D But for me as a normal user it sounds not so comfortable. :confused:
    (never opened a sql database bevore) Maybe a suggestion for the future version of the MyEmulators
    Plugin ? (To Add a "Delete" Button? )Anyway .. Do you know where i can find the right sql Database
    on my computer to make the changes and throw not wanted games away from the list ?

Regards

Arkadius

4. joz

joz Portal Pro

J2ME / PHP programmer
    Ratings:
    +154 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yeah sure.
    Open mp config and click the "user config files" button (top left). This will open explorer. Click the folder databases, there all the sqlite DBs are kept.
    Now sqlite browser is not that bad actually. Writing a query is most likely a bit too much for a beginner with this stuff so forget about all that.
    Just fire up sqlitebrowser open the right database file (in this case "myEmulators_v2.db3") and click the tab browse data. Select the table "games" from the dropdown. Now you will see all the games in the DB. Select a row you want to delete (representing a game) and click delete record.
    When you are done deleting be sure to save your changes.

5. Arkadius

Arkadius Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    joz

thx... it work for me ;)

joz

thx... it work for me ;)

6. ppeterr

ppeterr Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Hey guys...how do you handle huge collections ?

I started with this plugin, but for instance MAME, has got so much roms, that it slows down everything very much.

What is wise to do, select only the games, that are actually gonna be played, or keep em all, and find a solution ?

7. Arkadius

Arkadius Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    ppeterr

Yes, i have only the roms i play often. Anyway .. the "slowness" of huge sets of roms is "normal" because of
    the slowness of the MP Skin Engine .. :( you have the same thing if you have a huge set of videos (like me)
    Its a hell to swith from one video to antoher with enabled fanart und video thumbnails.

Which MP Version you are using ? I use the 1.1.0 RC1 until now (today i will test the RC2 - we will see)

Arkadius

8. whufclee

whufclee Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sorry, bear with me I'm a bit of a newcomer to Mediaportal (was happily using xbmc for the past few years but finally got fed up with the lack of TV support and I have to say so far I'm loving MP - it's come on leaps and bounds since I tried it about a year ago). Anyway back to the problem... I somehow managed to install this on my Windows 7 64bit machine with the latest MP_RC1 but couldn't get PC games to work. I could physically add them in the config but they wouldn't show up in the database and there would be no PC Games list in Mediaportal (and yes I had pressed the apply button after adding them). So out comes MP_RC2 and I thought I'll just uninstall everything and start from fresh, so I've done that but I can't seem to get this installed, whenever I go to the config it comes up with some error and needs to close - it may be that I'm just not installing it correctly as I had troubles doing it with RC_1. Can anyone shed any light on this? I've been installing myemulators_3.1.1 which works fine but then when I put the unofficial plugin into the plugins/windows directory it all goes wrong (oh and I've been putting the Seven7ZipSharp file in the main mediaportal directory). Any help will be much appreciated, thanks in advance.

9. Arkadius

Arkadius Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    whufclee

the new "unofficial" Version is a little bit buggy. Use please the last official version
    if you have much problems.

In the 3.5 Version - for instance - i cant add a new emulator - if i do this the games of the
    new emulator will be "mixed up" with the pc games. Sometimes pc games disappear, too.
    Strange :mad: . I think only the coder of the Emulators Plugin can solve this.

Thats bad, because i like the new version VERY much.

I will make some addictional tests soon .. after this i can tell more.
    But i am sury your problems have nothing to do with your OS..

Only a suggestion - please make a backups of your working mp system bevore
    you change anything in your mp configuration (its beta software you know ;)
    So you can easily test things ... and switch back if something desnt work anymore.. :)

Arkadius

10. whufclee

whufclee Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thankyou very much for your help - you are right the 3.5 works great and am currently trying to get all the artwork for thousands of games! I'm using the OGDB scraper but it asks for confirmation on every entry - do you know if there is a way of changing this so it automatically chooses the closest match (like MovingPictures)? Cheers.

11. Peter_1982

Peter_1982 Portal Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    I have a question, how can i add a pc game ? When i add one in "PC Games" it wont be show in database and the are no "PC Games" shown in MePo ?
    How can i delet wrong entries in database ?

thanks a lot...

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!