(Inofficial) New release major updates - NOW WITH SOURCE CODE :) (1 Viewer)

hulkhaugen

Portal Pro
November 9, 2008
Arendal
Home Country
Norway Norway
hey, looks good, more flexibility :) I didn't see any option to define the aspect of the covers, like the landscapes for the N64 and SNES, while most other games uses standard DVD aspect for their covers. But i see you display both, so don't you scale the covers or do you add a huge transparent background the to images, or someting else i didn't see :p

Don't have time to test this now, but it does look promising :) Is there a good database coverage of old NES/SNES games and maybe old pc games? Do you support dosbox autoexec.conf file to run, or another way to configurations for it?

esas

Portal Pro
November 14, 2006
Home Country
Norway Norway
Wow! This release is a great improvment of the plugin. I've been hoping for a built-in scraper for a long time. Is ther a way to auto aprove the online lookups? Couldn't find a way to do this. This would be on top of my wishlist.

You should also try to find the best match of the search result. Now it just picks the first one regardless of system.

BadMrFrosty

Portal Member
July 9, 2009
Prague
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
hulkhaugen - The skin is done to show covers automatically with the correct aspect. It works in all views except filmstrip, as the command to auto set the aspect didnt seem to work. I dont know if its a bug in the skin engine or if I just did it wrong :) I have not used dosbox with it so dont if it works.

esas - Since moby games changed their search I cant specify the system to search for. I might get time to re-write it to use the new one which will mean in most case one search result will come back for each game which could be auto approved. The other problem is with the screen shots / box shots. There is no easy way to know what image will be the box front / back / title screen / in game. I personally like to manually choose my fav images but I can understand that some people want to quicking update their collection.

esas

Portal Pro
November 14, 2006
Home Country
Norway Norway
The other problem is with the screen shots / box shots. There is no easy way to know what image will be the box front / back / title screen / in game. I personally like to manually choose my fav images but I can understand that some people want to quicking update their collection.

You seem to have some sort of logic in your plugin allready, because all the games I've tried picks the front/back correctly. Some mixup between titlescreen/in game but that's not a big deal. With a big collection of roms (witch I think a lot of people have) it's very time consuming to aprove every single game. I would much rather have a few mistakes in the thumbs (I can choose my faviourites images later), than using many, many hours on approving every single one.

I keep crossing my finger for this feature.

Are you planning on releasing the source for the plugin?

jimmyo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    The new version looks great, the problem is that it seems to hang when upgrading the database.

I am using version 3.1.1 with streamedMP skin.
    mp version is 1.0.2
    windows Vista, x64.

I first copied the files in the appropriate folders.
    Then when i am going to the mp config screen and press the my emulators plugin and then the config tab, it crashes.
    So you get the windows popup (this program has stopped working...)
    I checked all the log files and this is the only error I get from the log:

2009-11-30 19:07:48.461955 [Info.][Config Main]: SQLiteClient: myEmulators_v2.db3 cmd:sqlite3_prepare16:pvm=null err:ERROR detailed:duplicate column name: LaunchFile query:ALTER TABLE Games ADD COLUMN LaunchFile varchar(200)
    2009-11-30 19:07:48.461955 [ERROR][Config Main]: SQLiteClient: myEmulators_v2.db3 cmd:sqlite3_prepare16:pvm=null err:ERROR detailed:duplicate column name: LaunchFile query:ALTER TABLE Games ADD COLUMN LaunchFile varchar(200)

/Jimmy

Atreides

Portal Pro
    June 28, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    To: BadMrFrosty

I love this new myemulators. I was trying to get MAME working with it, but I cant get myemulators to use the game names and not the rom names (mvsc2 = Marvel Vs. Capcom) I didn't know if you knew a way to get it to work, or if you could incorporate this into a new release? I tried using my programs, but it is so outdated it doesnt work with MP anymore, although the MAME direct importer is really quite nice. I thought you could use the one directly from myprograms and integrate into my emulators. Just a thought.

Sogg_Nomis

Portal Pro
    July 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Wow! This release is a great improvment of the plugin. I've been hoping for a built-in scraper for a long time. Is ther a way to auto aprove the online lookups? Couldn't find a way to do this. This would be on top of my wishlist.

You should also try to find the best match of the search result. Now it just picks the first one regardless of system.

I second.. Do you have to approve every one the games in the database? this can take a while..

I do like the rest of the update of this plugin too,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom