(Inofficial) New release major updates - NOW WITH SOURCE CODE :) (1 Viewer)

Atreides

Portal Pro
June 28, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I found a bug. I couldn't start any game that the filename had a ' in. ex. Donkey Kong Country 2 Diddy's Kong Quest would not start. I just ran a search and replace for anything that had a ' to have nothing there and then ran update new from web with MyEmulators. Games launch fine.

NOAMattD

Portal Member
September 20, 2009
I found a bug. I couldn't start any game that the filename had a ' in. ex. Donkey Kong Country 2 Diddy's Kong Quest would not start. I just ran a search and replace for anything that had a ' to have nothing there and then ran update new from web with MyEmulators. Games launch fine.

That's because the database stores special characters as their html-encoded equivalent apparently, I have the same problem. Look in your database and you'll see what I'm talking about, you'll see "Diddy& #39;s Kong Quest"

rehab

December 7, 2009
First of all: Thanks alot for this great update!!!

I do however seem to have one problem with it that i can't understand. I followed your instructions and installed the MyEmulators and copied your updates over it. I just want to use PC games for the moment so i've added them and clicked "refresh game database". I just can't seem to get the pc games added to the database. Emulators/games are added but no PC games. No errors are displayed. I tried everything, i just can't get the pc games to be added. Can someone help me out or am i doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Edit: ok, i've reinstalled 3.1.1 and instead of directly copying the update over it i added one pc game and checked if it was added to the database; it was. Then i copied the update and it imported the one game from previous database. Every added pc game after that is being added correctly!

Edit2:
Hmm.. .after adding several emulators database messes up seriously. Even after deleting the database.

dangerzone

Portal Pro
January 12, 2009
delft
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
almost the same problem here.
I have pc games setup ok, but when i add a second one like n64 i have the same problem as you.
or the pc games are gone and only n64 is in the list, or n64 is gone and pc games are in the list.... strange....
maybe it has something to do with pc games ?.

Anyone has a fix for this please ?.

esas

Portal Pro
November 14, 2006
Home Country
Norway Norway
BadMrFrosty: Any news regarding this update? Still crossing my fingers for that auto approve feature you know..:)

NOAMattD

Portal Member
September 20, 2009
Re: (Inofficial) New release major updates!!!!!!!!

Don't disappear again! :(

Are you still going to work on this? If not can you PLEASE release the source code for the rest of us to build upon?

Atreides

Portal Pro
June 28, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America

Hey guys,
I don't want to speak for BadMrFrosty, but I sent him a PM asking when he was going to release the my MyEmulators, and he sent me one back saying that his hard drive failed(or something along those lines) and it kinda sucked the life out of him as far as working on MyEmulators. He told me he would release it though, and he did, but as far as working on it more, I dont know if he will. I also asked if he would release the source, but he never replied to that. Again I dont want to speak for him, I just thought I would let you all know what I know about the situation. If you want to work on the plugin you could try to PM him. It worked for me, but dont everyone go and PM him. Wouldn't want to annoy the guy that can bring this kind of perfection to MyEmulators :)

Synthetic

Portal Pro
March 23, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany

Adding more than 2 emulators completely messed up my database, even reinstalling the plugin does not work for me :-(

But the advancements are significant and highly needed, please release the source code!

BadMrFrosty

Portal Member
July 9, 2009
Prague
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic

Sorry guys, I have absolutly zero time to work on this. I have updated the first post with my source code. Hopefully it can be merged into the official branch and someone with a bit more time can continue with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom