(Inofficial) New release major updates - NOW WITH SOURCE CODE :) (1 Viewer)

bombus

Portal Pro
July 15, 2009
Novara
Home Country
Italy Italy
does it works with boue 3 wide skin?
do you know where i can change to meke it compatible with it? thank u!

NOAMattD

Portal Member
September 20, 2009
Nicely done. A coupe things I think you should implement:

1) A "clean database" function that removes entries for missing files - maybe it was just me, but when I moved my roms around the old location remained in the database (even after I refreshed it) and they would show up twice on the menu. I had to manually go into the database and delete those rows from the Games table.

2) Allow us to define our own folders for images in the setup. I don't want to keep all my screens and stuff in the same folder as the plugin, I like to keep everything organized.

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi there,

First ofcourse .. thank you for this great plugin :) Im enjoying it.

I think I am running in to a bug.
I am unable to add more than 2 emulators in the list.
- I have SNES roms set up ok.
- I have N64 roms set up ok
- I want to have PC games set up as well.

When I have the first two emulators created in the emulator section, all ok. But when I add the 3rd emulator (PC) and I click apply and save. After opening again, the N64 emulator has been replaced with the pc emulator version. So no 3rd entry...
If I now were to add the N64 emulator again, press apply and save, I only see N64 emulator after restarting the plugin/config (with snes ofcourse).
Is this a known bug? (Or am I doing something wrong?)

dangerzone

Portal Pro
January 12, 2009
delft
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
almost the same problem here.
I have pc games setup ok, but when i add a second one like n64 i have the same problem as you.
or the pc games are gone and only n64 is in the list, or n64 is gone and pc games are in the list.... strange....
maybe it has something to do with pc games ?.

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
If you guys know any sql you could most likely get it done with that using something like the sqlitebrowser.
No fix just a workaround

NOAMattD

Portal Member
September 20, 2009
Okay on second look it would be nice to use the rom name or game title for saving pics instead of "game id", i know it might be a little slower but it'd be nice to have an archive of all the screenshots and boxarts this thing can download.

Also can you release the source, or at least some more info about the fields and variables so we can port this to more skins? I'm trying to do a slideshow but don't know how to get to the directory containing box images, fanart, etc. I'm using an <animation> element.

Another issue - games with single quotes aren't store right in the database - single quotes are stored as their html equivalent & #39;

burnerbaum

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 25, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Great work so far. Works like a charm for me. Would be nice if someone can port this for Blue3Wide!

loinbread

Portal Member
    June 26, 2009
    Home Country
    I got this fully working now, and I have to say that it is amazing! I mean, you have look up of games info and pics, and description of systems, it is spectacular. I was wondering where you got your pics of the systems from? I think they look really good.

looks like they're from GameEx and HyperSpin, although i may be wrong. most of the fanart ones look far better than the hyperspin ones... for the ones not in the pack, though, I'll probably just take them from HyperSpin releases :p

dangerzone

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2009
    delft
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    If you guys know any sql you could most likely get it done with that using something like the sqlitebrowser.
    No fix just a workaround

i tried to add a second emulator with the sqlitebrowser, It worked but when i click save or apply in the plugin the error is back.
    I hope this can be fixed becausse i cannot add more than 1 emulator.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom