iPhone interface for MediaPortal (iPiMP) - original thread (now closed) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wogboy112

Portal Pro
January 18, 2009
Home Country
Australia Australia
Re: iPhone interface for MediaPortal (iPiMP) - 4.2.0

Hi cheezey,

Hoping you can help.... no matter what I do... firewall off. firwall on.. I cannot connect the mediaportal client. I can see my tv server stuff, but as soon as I add a media portal client and click on it. i get the error message "Could not connect"

any suggestions?

im running the mediaportal 1.1.0 RC1 on windows 7.

Have you installed the plugin on your MediaPortal clients?

Can you read the troubleshooting section of the wiki and post some logs. Also post your c:\program files\ipimp\aspx\app_data\uwimp.db.

Hi,

I chose the singleseat installation because its all on the one box... heres my uwimp.db

Attachments

• uWiMP.rar
    30.6 KB

wogboy112

Portal Pro
January 18, 2009
Home Country
Australia Australia

Hi Cheezey,

Okay I reinstalled and rebooted and it allows me to connect now. the only problem I have is when I try to connect to either music, my videos or moving pictures... I can get into the first menu when it asks me the usual questions (Genre, Artist, recently added) and then it comes up with a FUBAR screen

Moving pictures:
Cannot import Website.uWiMP.TVServer.MPClient.SmallMovieInfo from a JSON String value.

Here are the log files

Thanks Mate.... Love the plugin

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Hi Cheezey,

Okay I reinstalled and rebooted and it allows me to connect now. the only problem I have is when I try to connect to either music, my videos or moving pictures... I can get into the first menu when it asks me the usual questions (Genre, Artist, recently added) and then it comes up with a FUBAR screen

Moving pictures:
Cannot import Website.uWiMP.TVServer.MPClient.SmallMovieInfo from a JSON String value.

Here are the log files

Thanks Mate.... Love the plugin

Are your Music, Video & Moving Pictures databases populated? If not then you'll get this.

What version of Moving Pictures are you using - if it's RC2 then read this.

wogboy112

Portal Pro
January 18, 2009
Home Country
Australia Australia

Hi Cheezey,

They are all populated and i'm using Moving Pictures version 1.0.4.1070

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country

Hi Cheezey,

They are all populated and i'm using Moving Pictures version 1.0.4.1070

Your logs don't show any !!FUBAR!!.

Can you make sure you set your debugging level to 'Debug', launch MP, re-create your issue(s), and repost your logs.

Thanks

PhilUK

Portal Member
March 27, 2010
Home Country

Attached as requested. Sorry for the slow reply!

Thanks for the help with this =)

Cheers
Phil

PhilUK - Try this...

1. Edit your web.config to change C:\Video\MP4 to G:\Video\MP4
2. Edit the following registry key, HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\iPiMPweb\ImagePath changing the C:\ to a G:\
3. Reboot

iPiMP should then work again without the need for SUBST C: G:\

Ok the story so far...

I have carried out what you said above. The registry key was correct and I didn't have to change it.
Am now running without the SUBST command.

After posting before, I did a full reset, ensured the MediaPortal client was running and now client control appears to be functioning fine. This also works over the internet via 3G internet and my brother can access it.

I can stream TV from the server on demand which is great!

However... I now have an issue with the 'Recorded Programs' menu item:

I can get to the This week/ Last Month menu but pressing either of those gives me the following error:

"Object Reference not set to an instance of an object.
at
Website.RecordingsByDateList.RecordingMarkup(Recording recording) in D:\Dev\vs2008\MediaProtal Universal Web Interface\Website\iPhone\Recording\RecordingsByDateList.aspx.vb:line 145 at..."

etc

It seems to be referencing/calling a file on the D:\ drive?

Thanks for the help, even if I don't get this bit working, this is a great bit of kit so that I can set recordings while i'm out! Take that Sky!

Cheers
Phil

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country

Attached as requested. Sorry for the slow reply!

Thanks for the help with this =)

Cheers
Phil

PhilUK - Try this...

1. Edit your web.config to change C:\Video\MP4 to G:\Video\MP4
2. Edit the following registry key, HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\iPiMPweb\ImagePath changing the C:\ to a G:\
3. Reboot

iPiMP should then work again without the need for SUBST C: G:\

Ok the story so far...

I have carried out what you said above. The registry key was correct and I didn't have to change it.
Am now running without the SUBST command.

After posting before, I did a full reset, ensured the MediaPortal client was running and now client control appears to be functioning fine. This also works over the internet via 3G internet and my brother can access it.

I can stream TV from the server on demand which is great!

However... I now have an issue with the 'Recorded Programs' menu item:

I can get to the This week/ Last Month menu but pressing either of those gives me the following error:

"Object Reference not set to an instance of an object.
at
Website.RecordingsByDateList.RecordingMarkup(Recording recording) in D:\Dev\vs2008\MediaProtal Universal Web Interface\Website\iPhone\Recording\RecordingsByDateList.aspx.vb:line 145 at..."

etc

It seems to be referencing/calling a file on the D:\ drive?

Thanks for the help, even if I don't get this bit working, this is a great bit of kit so that I can set recordings while i'm out! Take that Sky!

Cheers
Phil

Do you have any recordings?

That D:\Dev path is the path on my dev workstation - it just identifies the location of the file that had the problem. I could do with the full error, If you get a fubar you can hit the email button at the bottom which copies the full error stack to a mail message, it would be helpful if you could post that.

PhilUK

Portal Member
March 27, 2010
Home Country

cheezey said:
Do you have any recordings?

That D:\Dev path is the path on my dev workstation - it just identifies the location of the file that had the problem. I could do with the full error, If you get a fubar you can hit the email button at the bottom which copies the full error stack to a mail message, it would be helpful if you could post that.

Yeah, there's some recordings on the PC (though it removed some when I retuned which I need to fix)

Here's the full fubar:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Website.RecordingsByDateList.RecordingMarkup(Recording recording) in D:\Dev\vs2008\MediaPortal Universal Web Interface\Website\iPhone\Recording\RecordingsByDateList.aspx.vb:line 145
at Website.RecordingsByDateList.DisplayRecordingsByDate(String wa, String period) in D:\Dev\vs2008\MediaPortal Universal Web Interface\Website\iPhone\Recording\RecordingsByDateList.aspx.vb:line 93
at Website.RecordingsByDateList.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\Dev\vs2008\MediaPortal Universal Web Interface\Website\iPhone\Recording\RecordingsByDateList.aspx.vb:line 65
at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Sorry this is being temperamental, it must be something i've done!

Cheers
Phil

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country

Line 145 is looking for STREAMPATH in you web.config. Can you confirm that's there ( it's on line 7 I think).

crackdown

Portal Pro
November 24, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands

This looks like an awesome plugin for me to use wich a PSP with WIFI capabilities. I installed the plugin, and its running on the default port 80. When i try to connect with a webbrowser on my Nokia e60 or on my PSP i just get a blackscreen. When I try to connect through IE explorer I get a partial of the described login screen. Is this plugin solely meant for the iphone or should i be able to remote control MP with any webbrowser? If so, do you have any idea what can cause the black screen? the plugin is installed correctly and listening for login.
Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom