iPhone interface for MediaPortal (iPiMP) - original thread (now closed) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Re: iPhone interface for MediaPortal (iPiMP) - 4.2.0

Edit: I can't get iPiMP to connect to the client (which is the same pc as the tv server) The plugin is activated in MP config. The TV server side of it seems fine!

Can you attach your G:\Program Files\iPiMP\Aspx\App_Data\uWimp.db

Edit2: Ok, a restart seems to have broken it... Now when I try to enter any server menu it tells me:
"!! FUBAR !!
FATAL ERROR: No configuration store was found! Gentle is unable to continue! The handlers emitted the following error messages: Unable to crate GentleSectionHandler for section named "gentle" in file "G:\Program Files\iPiMP\Aspx\web.config". Unable to create FileHandler for file Gentle.config.....
There is more if you need the full error.

This happens if you edit conf files when the web server is running, just restart the iPiMPweb service.

Edit 3: I had deleted SUBST C: g:\ and now I have reinstated it and it seems to be working ok again. I guess c:\ is built in somewhere in the code?

Definately no links to C:\ in the code. Can you attach:

G:\Program Files\iPiMP\Aspx\web.config
G:\Program Files\iPiMP\Apache\conf\iPiMP.conf

winniwinter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 5, 2009
    Freiburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

hey cheezey is it relevant with which user I installed the service and the client?

on my server I used the Adminstrator user on my client I used my default user. But then the cover art of myMusic shouldn't be shown eather?! Are you getting the URL from the movingPictures DB?
    Maybe I check the DB and use a different path for one movie

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country

hey cheezey is it relevant with which user I installed the service and the client?

on my server I used the Adminstrator user on my client I used my default user. But then the cover art of myMusic shouldn't be shown eather?! Are you getting the URL from the movingPictures DB?
    Maybe I check the DB and use a different path for one movie

I have just had a DOH!! moment.

Can you copy that image from your client to your server, keeping the same path - see if you get the coverart then. That should work.

The issue is due to me copying the MyVideos functionality for cover art, MyVideos stores a link to IMDB for the image whereas MovingPictures stores a link to a local file. So iPiMP is trying to make a web request to the local path to the Moving Pictures coverart.

iPiMP & MyMusic works differently, MyMusic stores the coverart locally, the MPClientController plugin reads the local coverart, encodes it to a Base64 string, sends that string to iPiMP which decodes it back to an image, stores it locally on the server then displays it. I need to update iPiMP to do this for MovingPictures also.

So it's a bug that will be fixed in the next version.

:D Glad we got to the bottom of that.

winniwinter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 5, 2009
    Freiburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Glad I could help :)
    I'll confirm this as soon as I am home from work!

frantisheq

Portal Member
    February 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia

Khurram

Portal Pro
    May 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Pakistan Pakistan

Just bought an iphone, so I thought I would try it out. My pc (the one that runs tvserver + client) already has apache installed. So I chose advanced install and selected all options except the apache install option. But this does not add the web application to apache.

I cant find anything in the wiki for this situation. Can someone please outline the steps I need to manually add the web application to apache?

Thanks.

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country

finally a possible solution for live TV from MP to iPhone on MS Windows using VLC Unwired Developer: VLC HTTP Live Streaming module patch (iPhone streaming support)

currently i'm using mpstreamtv plugin for mediaportal, vlc and apple mediastreamsegmenter to stream live tv from MP to iPhone.
    the text is in slovak language but you get the idea Untitled-1 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

frantisheq - This is also good news - hopefully the VLC patch will be accepted - we could do with someone including this into FFmpeg and/or Handbrake too - it would make it simpler to implement.

The current plan is to do the following:

TV server RTSP stream -> FFmpeg -> Windows Segmenter

Brownard managed to compile the Windows segmenter so I have all these components now, just need to stitch them together.

Just bought an iphone, so I thought I would try it out. My pc (the one that runs tvserver + client) already has apache installed. So I chose advanced install and selected all options except the apache install option. But this does not add the web application to apache.

I cant find anything in the wiki for this situation. Can someone please outline the steps I need to manually add the web application to apache?

Thanks.

Khurram - Try this.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom