Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi guys,

Just installed iPimp on my test rig (now I have gone to the dark side and got an iPhone!) :D

Great app... the only problem I had (which I'm sure is probably covered elsewhere) is the path for the utilities folder was incorrect. I am running W7x64 and the utils path was pointing to the 64bit folder (and not the x86 folder path where the actual utils were installed).

Can't wait for the new version with updated/better streaming :D

J.

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Re: AW: iPiMP 5.0.0 is released

I've got only 512kbit/s upload rate. How can i customize resolution and bitrate of the stream according to my available upload, e.g a 384kb/s stream?
    Yeah, I have a question related to that. Where are the handbrake transcoding profiles defined? I simply want to find out which of these profiles suit my internet connection best (the default one worked great so far, but i'd still like to know what its resolutions and bitrate is etc.).

// edit: ah, found it here: http://trac.handbrake.fr/wiki/BuiltInPresets :). @mcrob83: look at http://trac.handbrake.fr/wiki/BuiltInPresets and http://trac.handbrake.fr/wiki/CLIGuide (when using handbrake). For instance, I copied the iPod profile and altered the bitrate settings:
    -i {0} -o {1} -e x264 -b 416 -a 1 -E faac -B 96 -R 48 -6 dpl2 -f mp4 -I -X 320 -m -x level=30:bframes=0:cabac=0:ref=1:vbv-maxrate=768:vbv-bufsize=2000:analyse=all:me=umh:no-fast-pskip=1
    (-b is video bitrate, -B is audio bitrate). In your case you could use -b 288 and -B 96 (= 384 kbit/sec).

Also I am confused about the ffmpeg presets (which can be found in the utilities folder), they don't seem to have any resolution definitions in it.

btw., is it possible to let the silverlight player resize the video somehow? It always plays the video in the original format, seemingly without any option to scale it up in the client.

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    To clarify - Handbrake is ONLY used by the iPiMPTranscode plugin to do on-demand or scheduled transcoding to MP4 files.

Live streaming ALWAYS uses FFMpeg. The config, including bitrate and dimensions, for live streaming is in C:\Program Files\iPiMP\Aspx\config.xml

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Ooooh, ok thx :). Btw. the video is always stretched to 16:9, even if the source is 4:3. Do you know why this is happening?

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    Yes, it's fixed at 16:9 in the FFMpeg settings. At some point in the future I'd like to inspect the TV stream, determine its aspect ratio then set the transcoded aspect as appropriate.

Furetto

Moderator - Dutch Forums
    April 11, 2005
    Brussels
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    After many months without iPimp I finally come back to it. How could I forget that this was so useful ??!!!

I have only one little issue, but I suspect this could be because of running 1.1.1.
    I am currently playing some music, when I go into Now Playing, I get an error:

Code:
    !! FUBAR !!
    Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.
    at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToInteger(String Value) at 
    Website.uWiMP.TVServer.Utilities.ConvertToHHMMSS(String secs) in D:\Dev\vs2008\MediaPortal Universal Web 
    Interface\Website\Code\Misc\Utilities.vb:line 86 at Website.NowPlaying.PlayingMusic(String friendly, JsonObject jo) in 
    D:\Dev\vs2008\MediaPortal Universal Web Interface\Website\iPhone\MPClient\NowPlaying.aspx.vb:line 158 at 
    Website.NowPlaying.GetNowPlaying(String wa, String friendly) in D:\Dev\vs2008\MediaPortal Universal Web 
    Interface\Website\iPhone\MPClient\NowPlaying.aspx.vb:line 94 at Website.NowPlaying.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in 
    D:\Dev\vs2008\MediaPortal Universal Web Interface\Website\iPhone\MPClient\NowPlaying.aspx.vb:line 70 at 
    System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at 
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean 
    includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Edit: I am running 5.0.1 on MP 1.1.1 on a 32-bit Windows 7

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom