iPiMP 5.1.0 is released (1 Viewer)

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
You don't need to restart TV Server when changing settings in config.xml or libx264-iPiMP.preset

If you look in your tv server logfile (tv.log) you will see the ffmpeg process command line arguments used - confirm your 192 is in there.

mtjoernelund

Portal Pro
April 28, 2008
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Enable debug & post your mediaportal.log so I can see the crash with NowPlaying.

See logs attached. I have tried with both music and radio playing with the same result. It seems to be related to a call that MPClientController makes to Fanarthandler, which is in an unsupported version (?)... Also MP does not actually crash, I only get the "Mediaportal has stopped working" windows dialog in the background while MP actually continues to run fine, so it seems to be related only to the MPClientControl-plugin. (I attached a copy of the text from the MP stopped working dialog for good measures)

One other thing. I have noticed similar behavior as described by others in this threat, i.e. that sometimes if I try to stream a tv-channel it gives me the 20 seconds countdown and then just jumps straight to the status page saying nothing streaming. After a little research I am guessing it is down to the TV-server trying to tune a scrambled channel with the tuner-card that does not have a cam available. A small feature request here would be for error handling here telling that you have tried to tune to a scrambled channel, but this would only be icing on the cake...

Attachments

• error - with radio playing.txt
    591 bytes

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
It seems to be related to a call that MPClientController makes to Fanarthandler, which is in an unsupported version (?)

EDIT - Found the bug - try the attached dll.

A small feature request here would be for error handling here telling that you have tried to tune to a scrambled channel, but this would only be icing on the cake...

Agreed - more needs to be done on the error handling, the errors are captured - just not displayed. One for the next version.

mtjoernelund

Portal Pro
April 28, 2008
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
It seems to be related to a call that MPClientController makes to Fanarthandler, which is in an unsupported version (?)

EDIT - Found the bug - try the attached dll.

A small feature request here would be for error handling here telling that you have tried to tune to a scrambled channel, but this would only be icing on the cake...

Agreed - more needs to be done on the error handling, the errors are captured - just not displayed. One for the next version.

I do not get the crash anymore, but now I have also updated the fanarthandler plugin (was actually not aware that one could do so, thought it was only part of the MP-install).

But now I just get a fubar screen with the following error:

"FATAL ERROR: No configuration store was found! Gentle is unable to continue! The handlers emitted the following error messages: Unable to create GentleSectionHandler for section named "gentle" in file "C:\Program Files\iPiMP\Aspx\web.config". Unable to create FileHandler for file Gentle.config. This usually means that the file could not be found in any of the default search locations. The handlers threw the following exceptions: Error: DeveloperErrorUnclassified Gentle.Common.GentleException: No configuration file could be located. at Gentle.Common.FileHandler..ctor(String file) at Gentle.Common.Configurator.AddFileHandler(String configStoreName, String fileName)

ved Gentle.Common.Configurator.InitializeHandlers() ved Gentle.Common.Configurator.Configure(String configStoreName, Object instance) ved Gentle.Common.Configurator.Configure(Object instance) ved Gentle.Framework.ProviderRegistry..ctor() ved Gentle.Framework.ProviderFactory..cctor()"

I've included logs as well.

mtjoernelund

Portal Pro
April 28, 2008
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Sorry about that one, actually thought I did, but apparently my memory is not what it should be. After a restart it mostly works, at least when tested with tv or music playing. But when radio is playing i still get a fubar screen with the following error:

"Objektreferencen er ikke indstillet til en forekomst af et objekt.

ved Website.NowPlaying.PlayingRadio(String friendly, JsonObject jo) i D:\Dev\vs2008\MediaPortal Universal Web Interface\Website\iPhone\MPClient\NowPlaying.aspx.vb:linje 305 ved Website.NowPlaying.GetNowPlaying(String friendly) i D:\Dev\vs2008\MediaPortal Universal Web Interface\Website\iPhone\MPClient\NowPlaying.aspx.vb:linje 105 ved Website.NowPlaying.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) i D:\Dev\vs2008\MediaPortal Universal Web Interface\Website\iPhone\MPClient\NowPlaying.aspx.vb:linje 70 ved System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) ved System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() ved System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)"

Rough translation of first sentence: Object reference does not expect a object.

Does this make any sense? Logs again?

JDWestoby

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 9, 2008
    Poltimore, Devon
    Home Country
    Is there a specification showing how to drive MPCC?

I'll quite happily throw a donation if I can drive MPCC.

I want it for a [stupidly expensive] radio alarm clock using MediaPortal and if I can start a radio channel then I'm good to go.

I know it is a TCP/IP message to the relevant port (96655 was it? not sure), but how is it formatted.

When I wrote my HomeSeer plugin I just had an XML fragment - <Request Text="Do foo" /> but this seems more segmented so I'm not sure how to send a request to MPCC.

I did try doing what your plugin does directly -
    Channel c = myNavigator.GetChannel(t);
    bool b = TVHome.ViewChannelAndCheck(c);

But it stops after half a second (and the scrolling channel text is wrong too - ho hum), so I'd like to try your plugin to see if that works.

Heck, if this works it might even get you more donations!!!

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    Is there a specification showing how to drive MPCC?

I'll quite happily throw a donation if I can drive MPCC.

I want it for a [stupidly expensive] radio alarm clock using MediaPortal and if I can start a radio channel then I'm good to go.

I know it is a TCP/IP message to the relevant port (96655 was it? not sure), but how is it formatted.

When I wrote my HomeSeer plugin I just had an XML fragment - <Request Text="Do foo" /> but this seems more segmented so I'm not sure how to send a request to MPCC.

I did try doing what your plugin does directly -
    Channel c = myNavigator.GetChannel(t);
    bool b = TVHome.ViewChannelAndCheck(c);

But it stops after half a second (and the scrolling channel text is wrong too - ho hum), so I'd like to try your plugin to see if that works.

Heck, if this works it might even get you more donations!!!

MPCC does not yet control a MediaPortal clients' tv & radio features, that is you cannot start a radio channel on a client with MPCC as it stands. It is on the list of things to do but it depends on the MediaPortal TVPlugin API as to how easy/quick that would be.

There is also no documentation on the MPCC plugin (in keeping with the rest of MediaPortal 1 code :sorry: ) - but if you look at the code it's not that difficult to work out. The good thing with 5.1.x is that you can now communicate over http as well as tcp, so that, and the fact it's a JSON interface, would probably make your (eventual) integration easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom