iPiMP 5.1.0 is released (3 Viewers)

thermionic

Portal Member
March 26, 2007
London
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I got a http not found error :-(

the requested URL /SmoothStream.isml/SmoothStream.m3u8 was not found on this server.

replaced the original files, and still got the error, rebooted and its fine again over WiFi.

created a watcher only user, and if I click "done", then click on the "stop" button, although it says that the stream has stopped, I still see the ffmpeg process in the task manager, and if I check the streaming status again, its still streaming. It can be stopped by an admin user, but it looks like something is stopping a watcher from actually stopping it...

Anyway, my "fibre" box arrived today, only a few more days until bandwidth heaven :)

j1nx

Portal Pro
July 16, 2005
Re: Re : iPiMP 5.1.0 is released

Streaming over WiFi is perfect, I'm averaging ~40% CPU utilisation, but the issue is bandwidth, although its averaging ~600kb/s I've seen it peak as high as 1.2mb/s

Reading the ffmpeg command line in config.xml I don't understand how/why I'm seeing this much bandwidth use...

Cheers

Try to add the maxrate and bufsize to the ffmpeg line in config.xml
Code:
      --vbv-maxrate <integer> (x264)
      -maxrate <integer> (FFmpeg)
      Specifies the maximum bitrate at any point in the video. Requires the VBV buffersize to be set. This option is generally used when encoding for a piece of hardware with bitrate limitations. 

--vbv-bufsize <integer> (x264)
      -bufsize <integer> (FFmpeg)
      Depends on the profile level of the video being encoded. Set only if you're encoding for a hardware device. 

-maxrate 256k -bufsize 256k

ravenrocks

Portal Pro
October 11, 2007
I get this error when installing. I run a dedicated server so I don't have those folders and neither should I have to.

Edit: Nevermind, I changed the path to tvlogos and then It let me move on.

Attachments

• Error.png
    Error.png
    5.7 KB

gibber

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Really nice update. Streaming TV series works well and looks great (Moving pictures streaming coming soon I guess).

There are 2 issues which I think many might encounter:

1) Streaming bandwidth requirement is no problem for WiFi but a bit high for many internet connections (I get good results at home, but not so good streaming out over the internet).

2) I can successfully stream any standard definition file (~50% CPU), but 720p and above requires too much CPU (99%, streaming fails in less than one minute); can ffmpeg enable DXVA to decode and/or encode?

webcris77

Portal Pro
    October 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Really nice update. Streaming TV series works well and looks great (Moving pictures streaming coming soon I guess).

1) Streaming bandwidth requirement is no problem for WiFi but a bit high for many internet connections (I get good results at home, but not so good streaming out over the internet).

2) I can successfully stream any standard definition file (~50% CPU), but 720p and above requires too much CPU (99%, streaming fails in less than one minute); can ffmpeg enable DXVA to decode and/or encode?

For your point 1, how many Kbits/Megabits for upload you have with your Internet Provider?

Tanks
    CF:D

gibber

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I'm getting 0.3 to 0.41 Mbps up at the moment, which is surprisingly slow to me (same speed test measures about 13-16 Mbps:( down).

mardup

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2007
    Toulouse
    Home Country
    France France
    Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : iPiMP 5.1.0 is released

@mardup - can you read the troubleshooting section of the wiki and post some logs

Thanks for the reply

here the logs

You haven't got your MediaPortal log and MediaPortal error.log included. Ensure your MediaPortal logging level is set to debug, start MP, recreate the issue, then post the logs again please.

OK, here are the logs with MP in debug mode ... I don't find any error.og file ... :confused:

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country

I've uploaded an ffmpeg with dxva support. (I haven't tested it though.)

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : iPiMP 5.1.0 is released

OK, here are the logs with MP in debug mode ... I don't find any error.og file ... :confused:

You are running version 5.1.0.749

:oops:

Ahem - I realised there was a bug in the image retrieval for TV series in this version shortly after I uploaded this so quickly deleted the download - unfortunately there had been a handful of downloads before I could - you were one of them :)

So re-download & reinstall iPiMP 5.1.0.755
    :sorry:

thermionic

Portal Member
    March 26, 2007
    London
    Home Country
    Re: Re : iPiMP 5.1.0 is released

adding the
    -maxrate 256k -bufsize 256k
    looked good for about 30 seconds, then it climbed up to 1.2mb again, then settled at around 1mb, and then seems to have settled out at ~400-500k (while watching Jools Holland :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom