iPiMP 5.1.0 is released (1 Viewer)

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Already thought is was a more common thing and not related to 1.2.0. Which framework are you using btw, did you had a change to look at the sencha touch framework already?

EDIT"

The whole app, seems to be a bit "slugisch". A lot of loading stuff is going on, channel logo's makes it slow etc etc. Just scrolled a bit through the code. You are not caching anything. Isn't it better to use a manifest cache to save a lot of stuff on the mobile device instead of loading it every time?

iPiMP uses the WebApp.Net framework, I haven't seriously looked at Sencha yet.

As for caching - yes this is an issue - I'll look into the manifest cache for this. Thanks!

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
I'm unable to see video when i stream over 3g...i see a black screen and i can hear only stream audio.
When i stream in LAN i can see video and audio ok...
CAn anyone help me?
:confused:

This is likely due to your home network connection not having sufficient upload bandwidth to support the default bitrates of the video stream. When that happens the stream falls back to audio only (thanks to adaptive bitrate streaming).

You can try to modify the bitrate settings, they are held in config in c:\program files\ipimp\aspx\config.xml (Backup this file first as if the command line parameters are not correct the transcoding process will just not start.)

mtjoernelund

Portal Pro
April 28, 2008
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Cheezey, you are a hero. After playing very briefley with this new version it seems a lot more stable and a bit faster. Streaming works perfectly here so far.

Only problems noted so far was an error during instal saying that there was an error in httpd.conf, however server seems to work regardless, and then I seem to be able to chrash the clientcontroller plugin by trying to see what is playing on the client, though all other client features seem to work. Am I e only one that has seen this behavior?

In relation to development I would like to see if I could contribute, if ok with you, with a new layout of the tv-guide with more channels, primarily directed towards iPad users, but I am struggeling a little to find the file that calls this layout. Could you offer any pointers?

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
Cheezey, you are a hero. After playing very briefley with this new version it seems a lot more stable and a bit faster. Streaming works perfectly here so far.

Only problems noted so far was an error during instal saying that there was an error in httpd.conf, however server seems to work regardless, and then I seem to be able to chrash the clientcontroller plugin by trying to see what is playing on the client, though all other client features seem to work. Am I e only one that has seen this behavior?

In relation to development I would like to see if I could contribute, if ok with you, with a new layout of the tv-guide with more channels, primarily directed towards iPad users, but I am struggeling a little to find the file that calls this layout. Could you offer any pointers?

Enable debug & post your mediaportal.log so I can see the crash with NowPlaying.

The TVGuide (in fact all the menus) are generated by the WebApp.Net framework, the data for each layer is requested, returned in a framework specific xml format, and injected into a single page. You'de best look at the source on Google code, the pages which request each layer for the TVGuide is here and the code which interfaces with TV Server is here.

webcris77

Portal Pro
October 31, 2008
Home Country
Italy Italy
I tried to decrease video bitrate from 256k to 150k and audio from 64k to 32k but i have the same result.
with 5.0.1 i used with 3g and smoothstreaming without change any parameters...

In 5.1 i see the cpu process of ffmpeg go 99%...

Can i try to do?

smnnekho

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2006
    Germany
    Just wanted to report that the experience on my samsung galaxy tab is perfect. Streaming livr tv and recording works like a charm with the new flash option. Its just too bad that you cant seek in a recording to jump through the commercials, but i guess thats the downside of the streaming architecture.

Like i said, i did not encounter any problems

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    Same problem like ulischultz here.

I'm using Windows 7x 64 and MediaPortal 1.1.1

There seems to be a lot of errors in your TV log relating to tuning so I'm wondering if that's your issue. Can you stream recordings or TV Series?

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    Just wanted to report that the experience on my samsung galaxy tab is perfect. Streaming livr tv and recording works like a charm with the new flash option. Its just too bad that you cant seek in a recording to jump through the commercials, but i guess thats the downside of the streaming architecture.

Like i said, i did not encounter any problems

Thanks for the feedback, as for the streaming - yes - no seeking is the price for live HTTP adaptive streaming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom