iPiMP 5.2.0 for MP 1.2.0 Beta (1 Viewer)

Berns

Portal Pro
July 27, 2009
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Hi,

First of all, Cheezey, thank you for such a wonderful tool! You Rock!!!

This is a summary of 3 posts that I've also left in the ipimp 5.1 section. As meanwhile I've moved to MP1.2, This message now probalby belongs more at this spot.

I've installed IPimp.
Server: Windows 7 hompe premium 64 bit SP1 running Mediaportal server 1.2, wired (the main server for the satellite TV reception, DVD and music library)
Client 1: Windows 7 home premium 64 bit SP1 running Mediaporal client 1.2, connected via WiFi
Client 2: Windows 7 home premium 32 bit SP1 running mediaportal client 1.2, wired (the living room HTPC connected to the TV)
Remote control devices:
- emulated version of Windows Mobile 6.5 running Dorothy browser
- emulated version of Windows Mobile 6.1 running Dorothy browser
- emulated version of Android phone running android 2.3 and google browser (works best, I'm sticking to this one for further testing)

Before I want to re-test ipimp on the main client (2), I've done this on client 1 a few days ago:
- remove ipimp
- completely remove MP from client
- install mp1.2
- install ipimp beta for MP1.2

On the server installed ipimp beta for 1.2 as well.
First result is positive: I can now remote control the MP 1.2 client 1.

Tonight I've done a comparable modification to client 2 (my main HTPC).
Ipimp does not connect after selection in the iPimp interface.
It still says cannot connect, send WOL.

I was wondering:
To have all the functionality of my MCE remote (gyration 3101), I'm using eventghost combined with message plugin (the MP1.2 compatible version).
Would it be possible that the "mp client controller" from iPimp and the "message plugin" are conflicting with one another?

Berns

Portal Pro
July 27, 2009
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Hi Cheezey

I've tried once more, with a clean install, still to no avail. It's even less promissing, as now I don't have any clients in my android browser.
Here is a log-set from one of my clients (the one without the message plugin) and from the server

Best regards,
Berns

Attachments

• berns - no clients in ipimp interface.zip
    38.3 KB

COM.petence

Portal Member
January 18, 2010
Hey guys,

i updated to iPiMP 5.2.0 and the main features work great so far, but i got some problems with the "MediaPortal clients" feature. Are there some known issues or something like that? MP Client Controller is running, ports are all correct, but i always get the message that it can't connect...

greetz
COM.petence

Berns

Portal Pro
July 27, 2009
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Hi COM.petence,

The same issue occurs on my systems. When I do a default install, client menus are not visible on my phone.

What I did to solve this: on serverside uninstall ipimp 5.2 beta, install again with advanced options. (takes about 5 minutes only)
The result is that now I can see my clients.

I've even tried to delete clients, to be able to recreate them afterwards. That, however is not possible. When I delete a client, then log off, and then log on again with the phone, the client is still there (or back?).

When I then try to do a client operation I always receive an error.
(The client may be running or not, the error is always the same.)

I write this message under the assumption that your MP version is 1.2. (Your "My System" description says you are using 1.1.0 RC1)

Attachments

• send WOL.png
    send WOL.png
    23.8 KB

Little_rU

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 9, 2006
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Cheezey, thank you very much for this great plug-in !

In iPiMP 5.1 I could watch transcoded TV recordings on my Android phone with any video player and I could jump to any part of the recording. Now I’ve moved to MP 1.2 and iPiMP 5.2 where as I understand only streaming is available. I cannot find the way to jump to the specific time of the recording in streaming mode. Am I missing something ?

loc

Portal Pro
    May 22, 2010
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Cheezy

Thanks for all your efforts in getting this to work for us! It's awesome. Since I know nothing about programing and can't help out in that sense I have made a step-by-step video from downloading and installing and basic configurations and then a showcase of what the application is capable of at the end. I hope this will help for beginners. Everyone deserves to have this running!!!

Reading through these forums looks like I've been pretty lucky and everything has just worked first time around for me with out much hassle!

Hope you like it.

iPiMP - iPhone interface for MediaPortal Install and Configure Showcase - YouTube

Cheers

Loc

texaschangas

Portal Member
    December 13, 2009
    I am also having issues streaming to Iphone and Itouch. All I get is just the audio. I am running MP 1.2.0 and the latest version of Ipimp. I have unistalled MP and Ipimp and still nothing. It works with my browser. no errors to report. Any help would be great.

SimondusMaximus

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Cheezey.

Just started using iPiMP in earnest and I have to say it's superb! Thanks for your hard work, much appreciated. I don't actually have an iPhone or iPad - I just use Chrome browser on my laptop for remote control and listening to music without putting the TV on. Great stuff!! Always impresses the friends and family!

I do have a small issue that has been mentioned previously, however. When pressing "now playing", my MediaPortal client crashes instantly giving the errors as per the attached error log. Obviously it's not possible to do the full MP debug mode on a client as the MPCC plugin gets disabled, but I tested by manually disabling all other plugins with the exception of Moving Pictures, TV Series and Fanart Handler. I also changed to the default wide skin out of interest, but the issue still occurs. If you can think of anything else I can do by way of troubleshooting please let me know, otherwise I hope the error logs make sense to you.

Out of interest, do you have any plans to enable browsing of radio channels? It would be great to listen to DVB or streaming radio (I use your web radio importer too!) without putting the TV on.

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers!
    Si

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: iPiMP 5.2.0 for MP 1.2.0 Beta

Hey Chezzy I installed your program today and first of all thumbs up for this great tool!! :D

But I've got two little problems...
    No 1 is "my music"
    When entering the client menu and go to my music I can choose whatever I want - there is no reply (meaning nothing listed).
    Updating database seems not to work at all...
    When I enter my music via the remote control part of iPimp it works as it should at least I can choose songs to play.
    But what I intend is to use my tablet pc to choose music instead of having my big plasma running all the time.
    Thats why I would like to have my music database visual on my iPimp device and I guess that's how you thought about this too.
    The good thing is that I have not read anything about anyone else having this problem so I guess and hope I have just done anything wrong...

Problem No 2 is waking my system on lan.
    I've got an account on dyndns and have forwarded the appropriate port in my router. I enabled my network controler for wol
    (with magic packets) but it wont wake up...

I would be glad the get any kind of hint.

Thanks in advance,

Rico

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom